Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Just came back from a weekend and got to experience two really cool things i learned about from this page. I got a magical moment certificate for being the first ...
    cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Just came back from a weekend and got to experience two really cool things i learned about from this page. I got a magical moment certificate for being the first family on the ferry boats to the MK, they tooks us over privately on one of the smaller boats, and two i found a paintbrush on tom sawyer's island at 430 in the afternoon. got a fast pass to either splash mountain or thunder mountain. Also found another secret, in the haunted mansion when you go by the piano that seems to be playing itself look at the floor, you can see a shadow of a ghost swinging his arms up and down playing the piano, its actually in unison with the music. Also, MainStreet USA, you were right there is no water wheel, (maybe i was thinking of harpers mill for some reason) but the "river" is there.

FutureImagineer is offline Fastpass Holder
    How cool! I never wake up in time to be the first for anything at MK. What time were you at the ferry boats?
    The Goofy Princess

djmasterscooter is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I'm too lazy to go back through 45 pages...but here are some things I remember from my trip...

if you ask for a fridge and tell them you need it for medical reasons, then they'll comp it. I ended up with two fridges on my last trip.

If you drop hints as to why you're there (anniversary, birthday, etc.) more than likely, the cast member who checks you in will do something special, maybe send a bottle of champagne or such.

The lego robot (I believe its a robot) actually moves at certain points.

The Stitch above the Disney Store (like the AT-AT at Star Tours) spits water periodacally. Judging by time between intervals, I'd say that someone is controlling it rather than it being random, only because the same kid kept getting hit repeatedly.

I can't think of anything else at the moment.
    "Do Not Go To Disney World With A Bottle Of Pepsi. We will never see you again, and I'm pretty sure that's a bad thing"

Ms. Tinkerbell is offline A-Ticket holder

Hi

HI! I am new to the WDT! Just wanted to say that it has taken me 3 days to read through all of these posts! (I am at work). I think its great..something a little extra to make the moments at WDW even more magical! I absolutely love WDW. I plan on taking my 4 year old on his 4th trip and my 8 month old on his 1st!

Now...I had a question. I'm pretty sure it was ToT, but I cant remember...

Wasnt there a point in the ride when you where in the library watching the TV and then they would move you onto another room and it would go dark and you'd hear thunder and lighting...and then the floor would drop a little bit? Am I imagining this? Can someone please tell me if you remember something like this?

Ms. Tinkerbell

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have never noticed that haunted mansion one im going to have to look for that the next time i go.

floridianer is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi!

Yes, you are talking about Tower of Terror! But the floor actually stays where it is... Just the walls are moving (hope I didnīt destroy thoughts :-))

Last edited by floridianer; 05-04-2007 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer View Post
    How cool! I never wake up in time to be the first for anything at MK. What time were you at the ferry boats?

We got there at 830, park opened at 9, there were three cast members standing in front of the enterance to the ferry boats, my best guess is that everyone just assumed the boats weren't running yet and went to the monorail. I walked over towards the boats and the lady came up and shook my hand and said "congradulations, you have just received a certifiable magical moment" took our picture, handed use the certificate and we were off.

Ms. Tinkerbell is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by floridianer View Post
    Hi!

Yes, you are talking about Tower of Terror! But the floor actually stays where it is... Just the walls are moving (hope I didnīt destroy thoughts :-))

Thanks alot!....nah I'm just kidding! But they don't do that anymore do they? I remember the last time I was there they didnt do that..They take you to the library and straight onto the walkway to wait in line...or am I missing something?

Ms. Tinkerbell

plutolover is offline A-Ticket holder
    In the Haunted Mansion where the shadow is at the piano... there is also a hidden mickey. The piano bench is a circle and the TWO shadows are the ears... (why would the chair have two shadows)--think about it!!!

i'll look for that next time i go, i also found the big hidden mickey on splash mountain, in the last scene where you see the zip-a-de-do-daw boat look to the right of the boat on the wall, you'll see a big cloud that is actually a hidden mickey, its full body mickey laying on his back, and you see him from the side.

floridianer is offline A-Ticket holder
    If the wait time is too short, then they let you through the library instantly...

if there is wait time, then you have to watch this movie and the walls are still moving :-))

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by floridianer View Post
    If the wait time is too short, then they let you through the library instantly...

if there is wait time, then you have to watch this movie and the walls are still moving :-))

since when do the walls move during the library scene on TOT? i have never heard that or experienced it. At least i didnt notice. can someone explain this in more detail.

It sounds like someone is combining TOT and Haunted Mansion
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

PrincessTammi is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Ditto...I've never noticed that either and I've been on it many times. ARe they talking about the room where the TV is...with R. Serling talking? There is thunder and lightning, but I"ve never noticed the walls changing or moving?? I'll be sure to check in June when there...certainly the lines will be long!
    I DID IT!! I finished the ToT 13K! It was actually harder than I ever imagined to be honest. BUT I just kept moving, just keep moving...(could barely move AFTER the race, lol)

Next trip: ???? I almost always have one on the horizon, but given the economy...who knows when I'll get back after this trip!!

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    yeah i have no idea what we're talking about here. i dont remember the walls moving, unless you happen to mean the lightning outside. but that doesnt really count
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

DisneyLeo18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I agree i never remember the walls moving at ToT is one of my favorite rides, one reson being i dont mind waiting on a decent line becaus of the walk through in the hotel and seeing that video.

This is my first post = D

heading to WDW May 25!!!!!

Page 45 of 85 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast