Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; This is my first post, I'm new to this forum, but I love all the secrets. I've been going to WDW since the early '70's and hope to return this ...
    GusGus' Mom is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is my first post, I'm new to this forum, but I love all the secrets. I've been going to WDW since the early '70's and hope to return this year, but I need a dog sitter.

Maybe by this time next year, I'll have some secrets of my own to add.

Leah

disneyfanatic101 is offline Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things!
    Welcome to the DWT family! Now home to 20,000+ members!
    Adam ~ A Proud D23 Charter Member!

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Welcome to the forums.

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Welcome

DisneyDreamer14 is offline A-Ticket holder

Guide Books

Hey everyone,

I am new to this thread and so far I love it! I was just wondering if anyone knows if it would be useful to buy a guidebook to WDW. I've been to Disney before but not since I was really little. My family say it isn't worth it to pay for a guidebook because I've already been to Diney multiple times however, I think otherwise. I think it would be useful because of all the new attractions and I would also like to have access to those secrets and tips in the book. If anyone has used any of these books could you please let me know whether or not I should purchase one and if so which one. I have a couple in mind but I would like your opinons. I also have a friend who has read one of them cover to cover before and now she practically has WDW memorized including where the bathrooms are. I know that many of you are probably also experts on Disney as well and I was wondering if you became anexpert from experience or if maybe you had read one of these guide books too. Thanks also for all those other helpful tips!!
    I love WDW it's the most magical place on earth!!!

disneydarling is offline ...and the mome raths outgrabe
    I think the guidebooks are good for two reasons. 1) they help you get pumped up for your trip and 2) it's fun to know some of the secret info and back stories to the attractions. I would recommend checking one out at your local library to read before your trip and just using a map to get around once you are there
    The Disney World Trivia book is not a guide but it is really fun reading - I would order a copy and carry it with you in the parks to quiz your family, helps pass the time in some of those looonnnngggg lines
    Sisterhood of the traveling pirate in the pants: charter member

A friend will help you mend a broken heart; a best friend will get a shovel and help you dig the hole.

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by judycats View Post
    im sure this is not a secret especially to you all who know so much about Disney but if you ask they will let you ride in the front of the monorial. also is it true that disney has its own police department but everyone is undercoverin regular clothes and made to look like a tourist? (not sure if thats a secret but someone told me that once)
    Disney World has it's own "security" that you see but the actual police is run by the "Orange County Sheriff Office." My brother used to work for them. The whole disney area is considered a sector and it also includes the International Drive Area of Orlando. There are undercover deputies in the park wearing street clothes but they are not DIsney Employees rather Seheriff Deputies working.
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

JQuatt21 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    This is a "TiP" and not a secret. But another quick way to Frontierland to beat the mad rush in the morning is instead of running either through AdventureLand or FantasyLand/Liberty Square to get to attractions like Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain, just board the WDW railroad in Mainstreet USA and take it to the first stop in frontierland. Now, not only did you probably beat most of the people that were rushing through the quad infront of the circle, but you enjoyed a great ride and bypassed everything and everyone. It is great for a quick fastpass redemption for Splash and Big Thunder.
    Disney's Polynesian Resort - 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1994
    Disney's Contemporary Resort - 1986, 1997
    Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa - 1989, 1991, 1992
    Orange Lake Resort & CC (Off Property)- 2002, 2003, 2005
    Disney's Wilderness Lodge 2007
    Disney's POP Century Resort 2012
    Disney's Beach Club Villas 2012

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer14 View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am new to this thread and so far I love it! I was just wondering if anyone knows if it would be useful to buy a guidebook to WDW. I've been to Disney before but not since I was really little. My family say it isn't worth it to pay for a guidebook because I've already been to Diney multiple times however, I think otherwise. I think it would be useful because of all the new attractions and I would also like to have access to those secrets and tips in the book. If anyone has used any of these books could you please let me know whether or not I should purchase one and if so which one. I have a couple in mind but I would like your opinons. I also have a friend who has read one of them cover to cover before and now she practically has WDW memorized including where the bathrooms are. I know that many of you are probably also experts on Disney as well and I was wondering if you became anexpert from experience or if maybe you had read one of these guide books too. Thanks also for all those other helpful tips!!

You can always use a guide book. Things are always changing at WDW and the good books keep you on top of those changes that happen at the parks. the best book by far is the Unofficial Guide to WDW (here's a link to their site http://www.touringplans.com/tp2/UG2_index.php?PageID=0 ). They have the most comprehensive info on crowds, food, resorts and more. We buy one of these every year when the new one comes out in August, we use it to help decide where to eat, what days to visit what park, and other useful info. The only other book I recommend is PassPorter by Deb Wills and Deb Koma (link: http://www.passporter.com/ ) Or you can link directly to Deb Wills site at http://allearsnet.com/index.html , she has compiled the most up to date info around regarding WDW, it is awesome and FREE.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

DisneyFREAK91 is offline We go on
    Hmmm let's think..

I'd say one of my bigger WDW Secrets is for Tomorrowland. Instead of zooming around all of Tomorrowland on feet to see if the lines for various attractions are managable, just take a quick trip on the TTA. From there, you can scope out the waiting times for every attraction in Tomorrowland without breaking a sweat. That way, you won't have wasted valuable time in running from the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. It's also a nice treat of a ride for those of you who haven't ridden it.
    Remember, Dreams Come True!

bmel is offline A-Ticket holder
    My tip is to buy your Mouse Ears at MGM. We were planning to buy our Ears at Magic Kingdom but forgot to. While at MGM, we stopped at Celebrity 5 & 10 and decided to get our Ears there. What was awesome was we got to pick the color AND font of our ears. We stopped by before dinner and came back before Fantasmic and they were all done. The next day we even got stopped by a worker at the Tomorrowland Transit Authority who wanted to know where we got our Ears. It sure beats the basic stitching done on most hats.

P.S. Hope this hasn't been posted yet- I'm new

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like your ears bmel, but I REALLY like the hand written ears from the hat place on Main Street, USA. They really are craftsmen who do that!
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???
    I agree ToddBreakey, the classic look on the ears hat is the best look.

Did you know that there are only 2 machines that can do the classic stitching. One is at the Chapeau in MK and the other is at Disneyland, the one at MGM is not capable of reproducing that stitch. To me that makes the hats bought at the MK that much more special.
    1978, 83 Contemporary Garden, 2001 Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 Grand Floridian, 2003 Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder
    There are actually more than just two machines, but I think there are only the two places to get that stitching now. There are actually 2 machines in the Chapeau, and when talking to the lady who did the hats for our girls, they have a couple "down stairs" for them to practice on. I know you used to be able to get the hand stitched ears at the Pinnochio store in FantasyLand, but I don't even remember seeing the store last time we were there.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

DisneyDreamer14 is offline A-Ticket holder

Mouse Ears

If you know, approximatley how much are the mouse ears? And you get your name on them right?
    I love WDW it's the most magical place on earth!!!

Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast