Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I found this site about a week before I left for Disney and really enjoyed all of the tips. I just got back and wanted to share a few tips ...
    Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    I found this site about a week before I left for Disney and really enjoyed all of the tips. I just got back and wanted to share a few tips that I have aquired on this (and previous) trips.

- My sister and I stayed at Disney's All Star Music resort and when I booked the room, I didn't see the sense in paying an extra $30 a night for a room with a "good view," so I opted for a standard view room. If you stay in an All Star Resort, I would actually recommend the "standard view" room because they put you in a room on the back side of the building rather than the front. The rooms on the front sides of the building face the pools, which are always full of people (who can be pretty loud at times), whether it be 2:00 in the afternoon or 2:00 in the morning. There is also a movie shown nearly every night that runs until at least 11 PM, and can get pretty loud. I found that the back of the hotel is much more peaceful and quiet - I never had a problem with any noise.

- During the peak seasons, when the Magic Kingdom is open until 2 AM for Extra Magic Hours, stay until the very end. I know it's late and at the very end of the day, but it's totally worth it. You should rest in the afternoon at your hotel and then go back around 8. After the Wishes show, most people will ride a ride or two and then go back to thier rooms, for whatever reason. What we did was do some shopping down main street and then watched the SpectroMagic parade to kill some time. From about Midnight to 1 o'clock, the wait times are about 15-20 minutes (max) and from 1-2 o'clock there is barely a wait time at all (i.e. we walked right on to Splash Mountain).

- If something is not right, speak up! When we went to check in the morning, the resort's computers were down so they weren't able to check us in, but they gave us our tickets to go to the parks. When we got up to get into a park, we realized that the tickets they gave us were expired. We got it quickly taken care of at guest services and back into the park in no time, but I still wanted to say something because the whole process was still pretty frusterating. I explained to them (politely) what happened and they ended up giving us a 1 day Ultimate Park Hopper. The CM's at Disney really understand that a Disney vacation is expensive and they are really committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible.

- My favorite evening show at Disney is Illuminations at Epcot. I have found that the best viewing spot is in the Mexico/Norway area of the World Showcase. There are lots of other good spots around WS, but Mexico/Norway's advantages are that it is close to the exits and there are no obstructions for any part of the show. Canada/Great Britian have good spots and are just as close to the exits, but be aware that the wind usually blows the smoke from the fireworks in that general direction.

- If you want to get away from the bugers/chicken fingers that seem to plague us all about halfway through our trips, consider eating at an All Star resort. When we first checked in, I didn't think that we would be eating any of our meals there, but I realized that they offer some pretty good meals and we ended up eating there often. It's a cafeteria-style serving line that serves pastries, pancakes/waffles, eggs, etc. for breakfast and dishes like baked chicken, turkey, quesidillas, etc for lunch and dinner. It's a good place to go to get out of the heat and get a good meal for a good price (about $5 for breakfast and about $10 for lunch and dinner).

Hope this helps!
    ~Ashleigh

aeronautxearth is offline Meeska, Mouska, Mickey Mouse!
    Great tips, Ashleigh! Another place to get some great meals aside from the burgers/chicken/fries is Sunshine Seasons at Epcot in the Land Pavillion. I always forget it's there. But for about $10 you can get a really good meal that is miles apart from fried chicken and french fries for about the same price.
    Tina

disneygurl4ever is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have another place to sit for illuminattions, i fyou are a late eater you sshould consider going to the cantina about 45 minutes before the fireworks you'll have time to eat and have great seats for the fireworks.

AtticusFinch is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello everyone! I am fairly new to the boards, been reading secrets like crazy, and tried to find many of these secrets on my latest trip to Disney World, June 26th, July 2nd (Just returned!)

First off let me introduce myself. Hello my name is Matt, I have been playing Disney games since I was little, I am now 18 and currently have been accepted into the Disney College Program (I go for character auditions very soon!). I started playing ToonTown during its Beta sessions, and then moved to VMK and last but certainly not least Pirates of the Caribbean Online. I must say each game offers a unique experience for those months where Disney World is not an option, and generally keeps my attention until my next vacations. I must say that a lot of these secrets were difficult to find, after not having internet available in the rooms... Internet Wireless was down all week of vacation... but still aside from that, and the rain my vacation went extremely well.

My first, and most silly and still amusing little secret, is not exactly a secret entirely but more of a inside joke, that I hope you all when riding, when remember it and laugh when it happens. Several of the rides around the parks require "seat-belt" type security issues. Most of them automatically release and or pull up, however one ride that you have to release yourself is 'Soarin.' I LOVE Soarin, so after the ride I am usually in a very good mood, but one thing that always makes me laugh is the sound of the seat belts releasing. I know its immature and silly, but I just love the sound they all make, when everyone does them at different times. Any..hoo thats number 1.

Something Else that is for the Character fanatics, is MGM's Character Landing (Center of Sorcerer's hat). If you arrive within 30 minutes before each Character signing, ask a cast member standing by to form the line for the characters, like I did I was able to take my picture with nearly all of them, because I was at the first of the line for Minnie Mouse. I was able to see, Jasmine,Belle,Snow White,Dopey,Evil Queen, Queen of Hearts and The White Rabbitt, before the cutoffs were in place. I was lacking Jafar and Stitch., but because I was at the front of the line, I was able to move faster to each of the other lines. Nothing special just a little tip, that usually cast members when asked to will form a line early for those that ask.

I was looking forward to the Haunted Mansion secrets, however they are closed for remodeling. I did ask a cast member if the ring was permantely removed. And he actually said surprisingly that it was one thing I will have to come back to see for myself! He smiled mysteriously, as if its something they are actually going to play off of for the new renovations! Here is a sign from Master Gracey

On our last day, and Ironically Magic Kingdom's 3 AM, Extra Magic Hours finale, it rained for nearly 4 hours straight... I have never seen so much rain at WDW, and it was quite scary... However if this does happen to you, and you get rained out, buy a expensive Pancho and trek it to Tomorrowland's Transit. The Cast Members acknowledged the stress everyone was under, and had no problems letting us ride it over and over again, until it rained. (No...I didn't see Space Mountain with the lights on...) I counted and we rode the TTA for a total of 16 laps...Once the rain had stopped though, the cast members recognized us, and gave us a Magical Fastpass for any ride, which unfortunately we used our fastpass for Big Thunder Mountain, and after the rain... right before getting on...they had to emergency stop the ride. So we recieved another Magical Fast Pass, and we didn't even get to use the fastpass because for magic hours around 1-3 AM, the lines are literally 5 minutes maximum, even Space Mountain and Splash mountain! It made our night, riding every ride twice (except for Indy...i hate that ride)!

On top of it all, I am a huge PIN TRADER, and when I walked in my first morning of Magic Kingdom, this cast member tapped my on the shoulder while I was in the Emporium looking at the pins, and asked me I knew about Year of a Million Dreams, and I said No, he explained it to me, and I was given a Grey lanyard that had 2 special Pins on it!! Unfortunately... my luggage was lost at the airport that has the Grey Lanyard in it...ugh so I called and Disney is shipping me a new one, but I do have the Mickey and Minnie pin, I will post a picture of it, after I unpack my carry on bag!

I can't wait to become active around the forums, I love this site!

-Sincerely
    AtticusFinch, aka AF, aka Matt.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

*WDWObsessed18* is offline A-Ticket holder
    I Just did a search online and came across somthing that i have never heard of and was wondering if its true someone posted that if you save your old admission tickets and bring them with you on your next trip they will work for fast passes does any one know if this is true and one more question It also said that if you get a fastpass and say its for 5:00 As long as you wait two hours from the time you recived the that fastpass you can get another fastpass even if its before the time on the first one (5:00) that sounds really confusing sorry but if anyone knows i would really appricate it thanks
    Walt Disney World Truly is the Happist Place on Earth!!!!
    September 97'~(Off site)
    July 99'~(Off site)
    August 01'~Fort Wilderness Cabin
    September 03'~ Fort Wilderness Campground
    August 05'~ Fort Wilderness Campground

September 7, 2007-September 23,2007 ~Fort Wilderness Campground

southerngirl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I hadn't heard anything about the admission tickets but I know that there is a time that you can get another fastpass while you have one. I think it's the last ten minutes or so. It says so on the fast pass. It says something like "next fastpass is available at ___"

MissKrazy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Wdw Rocks

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Oops, I forgot a tip!

They have recently added a "single rider" line in the Rockin' Rollercoaster. The entrance is kind of hidden right beside the fastpass entrance and since not a lot of people know about it yet, you get onto the ride in no time. They have redone that area, so that the stand-by line goes into the same entrance as always and the fastpass/single riders go into a new entrance just outside of Aerosmith's recording studio.
    ~Ashleigh

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

I'll second that!

Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    Oops, I forgot a tip!

They have recently added a "single rider" line in the Rockin' Rollercoaster. The entrance is kind of hidden right beside the fastpass entrance and since not a lot of people know about it yet, you get onto the ride in no time. They have redone that area, so that the stand-by line goes into the same entrance as always and the fastpass/single riders go into a new entrance just outside of Aerosmith's recording studio.

I was able to get on twice in about 15 min on a crowded day.
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by *WDWObsessed18* View Post
    I Just did a search online and came across somthing that i have never heard of and was wondering if its true someone posted that if you save your old admission tickets and bring them with you on your next trip they will work for fast passes does any one know if this is true and one more question It also said that if you get a fastpass and say its for 5:00 As long as you wait two hours from the time you recived the that fastpass you can get another fastpass even if its before the time on the first one (5:00) that sounds really confusing sorry but if anyone knows i would really appricate it thanks
    You cant actually use old tickets. The pass that is printed says something along the lines of how you put an invalid ticket in. It might also say to consult a CM. I'm not exactly sure, but the machines do read the dates on your ticket to see if its valid or not
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!
    The fastpass itself says when you can get another fastpass. Not sure if it's an hour or two, or if it depends on how busy the park is. It is printed towards the bottom, below where it says what time to return.
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

*WDWObsessed18* is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thank you to everyone who helped anwser my question
    Walt Disney World Truly is the Happist Place on Earth!!!!
    September 97'~(Off site)
    July 99'~(Off site)
    August 01'~Fort Wilderness Cabin
    September 03'~ Fort Wilderness Campground
    August 05'~ Fort Wilderness Campground

September 7, 2007-September 23,2007 ~Fort Wilderness Campground

crazyred11588 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Interesting tid bit about the Haunted Mansion...I'm not sure if its been posted yet seeing as I've read 44 of 51 pages of this thread but I don't know that I have time to read more since I have to start getting ready to go to work...And if this isn't actually true, I apologize, I've heard it before but it would seem to make sense.

At the beginning of the ride, you will notice that the ghosts are attempting to scare you (duh). Notice that after you visit the part with the bride in the attic, you suddenly find yourself in the graveyard, and the ghosts are not trying to scare you off...they're welcoming you! You fall out of the attic window, and you supposedly are dead from the fall, and the ghosts are celebrating your death. Also, it makes sense seeing as the groundskeeper and dog are suddenly afraid of you.

Also, another unconfirmed secret someone told me (as in I haven't actually seen it for myself) Apparently there is a dark squiggly strip of concrete between the Morrocan Pavillion and the French Pavillion that is supposed to represent the Strait of Gibralter.

Bubbatim is offline A-Ticket holder
    does anyone know why there is a dragon on the animal kingdom sign???
    CHASE

NJDISNEYFAN is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I think it was a section of the park that they orginally planned on having, but never ended up building, but they kept the dragon on the logo.

Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast