Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; It was going to be called Beastly Kingdom, I think, and be all about mythological animals, like unicorns and dragons....
    akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

Beauty and the beast

It was going to be called Beastly Kingdom, I think, and be all about mythological animals, like unicorns and dragons.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

Bozeman88 is offline A-Ticket holder
    What are you talking about- naything? backside?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by akur View Post
    It was going to be called Beastly Kingdom, I think, and be all about mythological animals, like unicorns and dragons.
    akur is correct! I believe that is in Lou's first book.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spodie View Post
    I found this site about a week before I left for Disney and really enjoyed all of the tips. I just got back and wanted to share a few tips that I have aquired on this (and previous) trips.

- My sister and I stayed at Disney's All Star Music resort and when I booked the room, I didn't see the sense in paying an extra $30 a night for a room with a "good view," so I opted for a standard view room. If you stay in an All Star Resort, I would actually recommend the "standard view" room because they put you in a room on the back side of the building rather than the front. The rooms on the front sides of the building face the pools, which are always full of people (who can be pretty loud at times), whether it be 2:00 in the afternoon or 2:00 in the morning. There is also a movie shown nearly every night that runs until at least 11 PM, and can get pretty loud. I found that the back of the hotel is much more peaceful and quiet - I never had a problem with any noise.

- During the peak seasons, when the Magic Kingdom is open until 2 AM for Extra Magic Hours, stay until the very end. I know it's late and at the very end of the day, but it's totally worth it. You should rest in the afternoon at your hotel and then go back around 8. After the Wishes show, most people will ride a ride or two and then go back to thier rooms, for whatever reason. What we did was do some shopping down main street and then watched the SpectroMagic parade to kill some time. From about Midnight to 1 o'clock, the wait times are about 15-20 minutes (max) and from 1-2 o'clock there is barely a wait time at all (i.e. we walked right on to Splash Mountain).

- If something is not right, speak up! When we went to check in the morning, the resort's computers were down so they weren't able to check us in, but they gave us our tickets to go to the parks. When we got up to get into a park, we realized that the tickets they gave us were expired. We got it quickly taken care of at guest services and back into the park in no time, but I still wanted to say something because the whole process was still pretty frusterating. I explained to them (politely) what happened and they ended up giving us a 1 day Ultimate Park Hopper. The CM's at Disney really understand that a Disney vacation is expensive and they are really committed to making your stay as comfortable as possible.

- My favorite evening show at Disney is Illuminations at Epcot. I have found that the best viewing spot is in the Mexico/Norway area of the World Showcase. There are lots of other good spots around WS, but Mexico/Norway's advantages are that it is close to the exits and there are no obstructions for any part of the show. Canada/Great Britian have good spots and are just as close to the exits, but be aware that the wind usually blows the smoke from the fireworks in that general direction.

- If you want to get away from the bugers/chicken fingers that seem to plague us all about halfway through our trips, consider eating at an All Star resort. When we first checked in, I didn't think that we would be eating any of our meals there, but I realized that they offer some pretty good meals and we ended up eating there often. It's a cafeteria-style serving line that serves pastries, pancakes/waffles, eggs, etc. for breakfast and dishes like baked chicken, turkey, quesidillas, etc for lunch and dinner. It's a good place to go to get out of the heat and get a good meal for a good price (about $5 for breakfast and about $10 for lunch and dinner).

Hope this helps!
    We were at All Star Music July 10th - 17th. We were in the Calypso 1 bldg. on the third floor just to the right as you exit the lobby to the guitar pool right behind the first set of maracas. We we're in a family suite and it was VERY sweet! Your right about the pool though. We came back from MK the 5th day (OK, the 6th day b/c it was about 2:00 A.M.! ) after EMH and there were still people in the pool. We passed a security guard on our way through the lobby and I wondered why they had'nt been shooood-out since it is supposed to be closed at midnight. And I do remember hearing people in the pool well after midnight the whole time we were there. But I don't remember it buggin' us too much b/c we were so wiped-out by the time we got back to our room!
    Yes, do stay for EMH, it was well worth it for us!
    For Illuminations we found a table at the railing at the Cantina in the Mexico pavillion about an hour before the show. It was GREAT!
    And, yes, the food court at All Star Music and everthing else was so much more than we expected! The pictures you see of it just don't do it justice either!
    The last 2 times we were there we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and we were a little hesitant to stay at one of the " value " resorts but were pleasantly surprised! I should have known better. It's DISNEY!!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

dude22blue is offline C-Ticket Holder
    So I just finished reading all 52 pages and must say WOW you all really know alot. I do have a few questions though MUCH MUCH earlier in the thread someone meant there being something in Epcot that said that the 1st man to ever give birth would inherit disney, is there any truth to that? Also what is the finale word on the umbrella in MGM? (I found everything in MGM but this umbrella)

Guess I'll try to share some secrets. In space mountain there are two tracks like everyone knows and if for some reason the ride breaks down there is a way to get down. However there is only an elevator on one of the tracks the other only has stairs which apparently is never cleaned so the hand rallies are disgustingly dirty. The CM never told me which was which so just be careful if that ever happens.

Something I found out during GradNite, is that some of the rides can be shorten or parts of the building completely removed. What I mean is after Buzz there's always the photo pick up thing, but during GradNite they removed it so you go from the ride to the outside. On Stich you know theres a part he burps in your face (chilly dog part) but on that night it was removed from the show.

Also if you go to Sci Fi cafe for your birthday they give you a free hot fudge sunday.

Thats all I have hope it helps.

&&im.a.pirate. is offline A-Ticket holder
    I know that when you go on the pirates of the caribbean ride, sometimes Jack Sparrow (dressed up character...you can see him periodically throughtout the day, sometimes he won't be there) is in the "jail cell" (before you go on the ride) and you can get pictures with him! Go in the left line, because the right line has bars in the way, on the left, you have a open window to get a picture with him! I got the chance to do that and I'm happy!
    Last edited by &&im.a.pirate.; 07-23-2007 at 05:46 PM.
    Laughter is Timeless.
    Imagination has no age.
    Dreams are forever.

[P i r a t e s o f t h e C a r i b b e a n]
    "Nine pieces of whatever we happened to have in our pockets at the time?
    Oh yes, that sounds very piratey."

Walt Disney World.
    Where everyone screams at the sight of a mouse.
    Disney World 11 times
    Disney Cruise Line 2 times
    = Happiness Beyond your Expectations. =]

George_wdw is offline A-Ticket holder
    hi!

I thought this was pretty cool, on the mission space ride, in the queue, there is a huge thing thats spins around (you can't miss it) if you look in the centre of it there is the horizians badge (the ride that used to be there before MS).

missymousketeer is offline A-Ticket holder
    In MGM Studios on the 3D Muppet ride, while you are waiting in line there is a window with a sign that says they are out to lunch and that the key is under the mat, lift up the mat!! It's right there, pretty cool! Dumb little tidbit but kids will think its cool. Actually, I think its cool too. haha!
    MissyMousketeer

325AIR is offline A-Ticket holder
    new here but can anybody tell me exactly where the taliking trash can is and what park
    Why is all the Rum gone?

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    There's one in MK in Tomorrowland named PUSH. I see him almost every time we go... usually in the a.m. There's also one in AK. Saw him for the first time at Rafiki's Planet Watch.

blue donkey is offline A-Ticket holder

Wow!

It's my first visit to this site & LOVE all your secrets! Can't wait to learn more.
    Hidden Mickeys, beware!

thinktink22 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for all these great secretss!
    Last edited by thinktink22; 07-29-2007 at 11:14 PM.
    Disney College Program - Spring 2012 hopeful!

Jenn31708 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Whew...52 pages!! I Finally made it through. I'm so excited, my husband and going in just a few short weeks, can't wait!! I agree with the person who said to mention if it's your anniversary, or birthday. My mother-in-law gave us a trip to Disney for our wedding gift, so that's where we went on our honeymoon. She must have mentioned it when she booked the trip, because we checked in, went to the park the first day, and when we came back there was a big picture of Mickey & Minnie on the TV. They had autographed it and wished us a happy honeymoon. We also wore the wedding ears, mine were white with a little veil, and my husbands were a top hat with ears. I can't say we got special treatment, but everyone was so nice to us.

Page 52 of 85 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast