Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; My first post, YAY! I have literally spent all day in front of the computer reading all of these secrets! I am going in 66 days and now I wish ...
    Tinkerbell_Pixi is offline A-Ticket holder
    My first post, YAY!

I have literally spent all day in front of the computer reading all of these secrets! I am going in 66 days and now I wish it was...well...now! I LOVE all of the secrets in the Haunted Mansion, they are great! Did anyone ever figure out whether or not the Umbrella is still there? If it's gone I am going to be so sad, I just had my picture taken with it last year! After reading about everything I have a few trivia-ish things of my own to add, most of them are just interesting facts.

The voice that narrates Spaceship Earth (if that remains the same after the renovations, I am SO DEPRESSED that it's going to be closed while I am there) is the voice of Jeremy Irons, who plays Scar in The Lion King!

The "tree-like woman" who walks around the Animal Kingdom is named DeVine...she is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

EPCOT actually stands for Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow (I'm sure you all knew that, but sometimes it comes in handy when CMs ask you trivia questions!)

If you look at all of the buildings on Mainstreet USA (I mean REALLY look at them), you will notice that the more stories a building has, the smaller each story gets (the windows, etc are built smaller on each story up). This is to create Forced Perspective and make the buildings look larger than they actually are. =) That's one of my favorites.

I know I have more of them, but I can't think of them at the moment.

The one thing that I am absolutely obsessed with getting a closer look at is Ariel's Tail from Fantasmic. I am a costumer myself and need to make a Mermaid costume for a Fantasy Festival I am helping to coordinate, and I am OBSESSED with that tail because there aren't really any good, close up pictures of it. Most of the costumes used in Ariel's Grotto aren't as pretty as the one in Fantasmic, so if anyone has any good pictures of it PLEASE let me know!

I'm so happy to meet you all and to have found this site! Yay! I can't wait until October because I WANT TO GO TO DISNEY WORLD!

Oh, and I was also thrilled to find out that during Mickey's Halloween Party, if you pay to get in, you can wear a COSTUME! PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN, here I come in my Pirate garb!!!!! =D =D =D
    ~Jamie Blanke (Professional Pirate/Faerie)~
    ~*All it takes is Faith and Trust...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!*~
    ~*Yo ho, yo ho a Pirates' Life for me!!!*~

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    to DWT!, tinkerbell_pixi!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Welcome Tinkerbell _ Pixi !!! I hope you enjoy being here as much as the rest of us do!
    The Haunted Mansion refurb. should be great when you go in October!!!
    On a side note: Have you ever been to the big Renaissance Festival near Navasota, Tx. northwest of Houston?
    Last edited by Dizisit; 08-02-2007 at 02:43 PM.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Tinkerbell_Pixi is offline A-Ticket holder
    No sadly I have never been to the Texas RF. I have ALWAYS wanted to go, though. Thank you to everyone for the warm welcome!

Ooh I remembered another one! I think I saw this one on a TV special...if the Sorcerer's Hat at MGM Studios was a real hat (meant to go on someone's head), it would be a size 605 and 7/8ths.

The other three parks could all fit comfortably inside the Animal Kingdom...The Magic Kingdom alone could fit in the ride Kilimanjaro Safari's! I thought that was amazing!
    ~Jamie Blanke (Professional Pirate/Faerie)~
    ~*All it takes is Faith and Trust...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!*~
    ~*Yo ho, yo ho a Pirates' Life for me!!!*~

Abs0n is offline A-Ticket holder
    hi!

My first post! wow!

I've spent the last two days reading through athis thread and thanks for all the little tips and secrets! I'm going to Disney for the third time next July for my 16th birthday with my family! I live in the middle of England so It's really hard for me to get to The World

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I might have posted this elsewhere, but I did find out that if your child (or you for that matter) really really want a Character's signaure but you were not able to catch them at a park, you can leave your autograph book at the front desk of your resort and if a character "Happens to drop by the resort" "they" will sign it for youand you can pick it up later.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

SurferStitch16 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't know if this has been posted before but supposedly there is a number a castmember can dial that connects to a line where a character, I think it's only the fab five and possibly Stitch, but the character wishes you a happy birthday. Just tell a castmember its your birthday, or wear the button around and a castmember might just ask you if you want to talk to a character, and the character will wish you a happy birthday...If this is true it would be really cool, I am pretty sure it is though.

Also, another tip for fastpass is on many of the machines, the new ones they changed this, but on the back there is a little black button towards the top left, if you hit this button a fastpass will pop out and you will not have to stick your ticket in and you can go to another machine and use your ticket so you can have two passes out at once. It doesn't always work but it usually does. Some of the newer machines don't have the button or the button is in a little whole so it is hidden easier. Also when you do this you need to be discrete because some castmembers patrolling the machines will call you out on it.

Know what you want, and do it! -2009 WDW Full Marathon Runner!!

GoofTrooper is offline Come along and join the fun
    During my last trip in March, I was telling my mom about Devine as we drove to AK. I spent the whole day looking for her, yet when the crowd gathered around her, I didn't even notice at first.
    But my favorite tip is to tell them when it's your birthday. The birthday pin can get you little extras both in the hotel and parks. My sister got a phone call from Mickey and Minnie wishing her a happy birthday, it was just so cool.
    Adam
    I see they're loading our navigator R2-D2 and then we'll be on our way. So sit back, relax and enjoy the flight...

Whitney87Tinker is offline A-Ticket holder
    I had went my spring break of my sophomore year so that makes about 5 years ago now (wow, if that isn't depressing) and I had stayed with two of the CM and I seemed to get the royal treatment of gifts. I got some, well what I was told was pixie dust. And I don't know if anyone has seen it before but if it is indeed pixie dust is it pieces of mickey confetti? That is what I obtain now. But I actually have an autograph book with everyones signature in it. So that is kind of neat too. Me and my friends just decided tonight that we are taking a trip out there very soon. Any suggestions on the best time to go? But I am anxious to get to know everyone and have fun on this forum!!

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Abs0n View Post
    hi!

My first post! wow!

I've spent the last two days reading through athis thread and thanks for all the little tips and secrets! I'm going to Disney for the third time next July for my 16th birthday with my family! I live in the middle of England so It's really hard for me to get to The World
    Welcome AbsOn!!! Hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do!!!
    We were at WDW for my daughter's " Sweet Sixteen " birthday in July and it was amazing!!!!! I have to get back to work now but I will edit this post later with details!!!!!

Go to this link for details!!! http://www.disneyworldtrivia.com/for...tml#post500390
    Last edited by Dizisit; 08-08-2007 at 09:11 PM.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch16 View Post
    I don't know if this has been posted before but supposedly there is a number a castmember can dial that connects to a line where a character, I think it's only the fab five and possibly Stitch, but the character wishes you a happy birthday. Just tell a castmember its your birthday, or wear the button around and a castmember might just ask you if you want to talk to a character, and the character will wish you a happy birthday...If this is true it would be really cool, I am pretty sure it is though.
    Yup. Both my gf and I got the birthday call last year. I was in the Muppet gift shop when a cast member saw my button and said "Happy Birthday, Paul." By this point, that had happened a good 20 times in the past day or so, so I just said "Thank you" and kept walking. But then he said "Wait.... Paul.... with blue eyes.... where are you from?" "Uhm. Albany, New York...." "Yeah!! Paul from Albany with blue eyes and a goatee! Did you get your phonecall?" "Er. No?" "Well someone called here earlier today looking for you. I didn't recognize the description, so I just transferred it to Guest Services. Here, let me see if I can get the message for you... " at which point he handed me the phone, and I heard Goofy singing me Happy Birthday. It was very, very cool.

(A few days later, my girlfriend was wearing the button, and when we stoppped by the first aid center for some aspirin, the Nurse just handed her the phone and said "Hang on, we have a message for you...". Not quite as cool, but still very appreciated.)

Quote Originally Posted by SurferStitch16 View Post
    Also, another tip for fastpass is on many of the machines, the new ones they changed this, but on the back there is a little black button towards the top left, if you hit this button a fastpass will pop out and you will not have to stick your ticket in and you can go to another machine and use your ticket so you can have two passes out at once. It doesn't always work but it usually does. Some of the newer machines don't have the button or the button is in a little whole so it is hidden easier. Also when you do this you need to be discrete because some castmembers patrolling the machines will call you out on it.
    Ugh. Please, please, PLEASE do not do this. Those buttons are not there for you. They're there for the cast members to use when the machines are misbehaving or a guest legitamitely didn't get a FP they were supposed to. Taking more tickets than you're entitled to robs all the other guests in the park of the ability to get FastPasses, as there are only so many given out per day. I sincerely hope that if any cast members saw a guest doing this, they'd be kicked out. It's a highly wrong and selfish thing to do. Very anti-Disney.

TARABLUE6 is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face

Hi Guys!!!

This is my first post but i have been on here for a while now. I am sooo glad that I found a site where the are Disney finantics just like me. I have been going to Disney forever. Im 25 now but ever since I can remember I have been either an annual passholder or a seasonal passholder. I can never get enough of Disney and my father is the same way.

I just wanted to comment on how great Disney is for birthday's. I usually always go around my birthday in November but for my 23rd I went there and (at that time when it was popular) had a Grand Gathering. Had 5 rooms at the All Star music Resort and my whole family came. I guess my mother said something about it being my birthday and when I got into the room there was a message on my phone, a birthday button on my bed with a signed picture from Cinderella herself, which was incredable because I am literelly obsessed with Cinderella!! No matter what occasion, the best way to celebrate is with DISNEY!!
    A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

bucknut20 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Welcome to all the new members.

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!
    Quote Originally Posted by TARABLUE6 View Post
    I usually always go around my birthday in November

When is your bday? Mine's the 28th. And of course, I'm going to WDW!
    Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

TARABLUE6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My birthday is the 6th. What better way to celebrate!!! They really make you feel so special, walking thru the parks and everyone saying happy birthday princess, cause I was wearing my princess crown!! I swear I act like a little kid just walking onto Main Street and listening to the music,,its like magic!!
    A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

Page 53 of 85 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast