Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by TARABLUE6 Hi Guys!!! This is my first post but i have been on here for a while now. I am sooo glad that I found a site ...
    Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TARABLUE6 View Post
    Hi Guys!!!

This is my first post but i have been on here for a while now. I am sooo glad that I found a site where the are Disney finantics just like me. I have been going to Disney forever. Im 25 now but ever since I can remember I have been either an annual passholder or a seasonal passholder. I can never get enough of Disney and my father is the same way.

I just wanted to comment on how great Disney is for birthday's. I usually always go around my birthday in November but for my 23rd I went there and (at that time when it was popular) had a Grand Gathering. Had 5 rooms at the All Star music Resort and my whole family came. I guess my mother said something about it being my birthday and when I got into the room there was a message on my phone, a birthday button on my bed with a signed picture from Cinderella herself, which was incredable because I am literelly obsessed with Cinderella!! No matter what occasion, the best way to celebrate is with DISNEY!!
    Welcome TARABLUE6 !!! Hope you enjoy it here as much as we do!!!
    Yea, I forgot to mention ( in my above post - #790 ) that in addition to all the other things our DD recieved on her " Sweet Sixteen " she also recieved a card signed by Cinderella that was left in our room. She loved it too! Just more of that unbeatable " Disney Magic " !!!!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by TARABLUE6 View Post
    I just wanted to comment on how great Disney is for birthday's.
    I concur. In addition to the aforementioned Goofy phonecalls, my gf and I also received: free desert from Canada's booth at the F&WF, free dessert from Casey's corner at Magic Kingdom, surprise Italian-rendition of Happy Birthday at Alfredo's, miniature cakes at the Garden Grill and Liberty Tree Tavern, a "signed" photo of Mickey inside a birthday card left in my room, and a voice mail from Mickey and Minnie when I got back to the room that night.

And of course, the absolutely insane number of cast members (and other guests!) wishing me a Happy Birthday was absolutely amazing. If I have my way, I'll be going back to WDW for every birthday from now on.

TARABLUE6 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    I concur. In addition to the aforementioned Goofy phonecalls, my gf and I also received: free desert from Canada's booth at the F&WF, free dessert from Casey's corner at Magic Kingdom, surprise Italian-rendition of Happy Birthday at Alfredo's, miniature cakes at the Garden Grill and Liberty Tree Tavern, a "signed" photo of Mickey inside a birthday card left in my room, and a voice mail from Mickey and Minnie when I got back to the room that night.

And of course, the absolutely insane number of cast members (and other guests!) wishing me a Happy Birthday was absolutely amazing. If I have my way, I'll be going back to WDW for every birthday from now on.

I know!!! I ate at Alfredo's also and it was so cool having them sing happy birthday in Italian! It is so funny with everyone saying happy birthday to you, by the end of the day my sister was going crazy with how many times everyone said it. I loved it even more cause it was bugging her soo much
    A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes

genscrap is offline A-Ticket holder

birthday call from Mickey

I went to WDW for my birthday and a cast member saw my special birthday pin. He asked me to answer this phone and Mickey had a birthday message for me. Was a special treat for the day.

Debra

caitiesus is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just read all 54 pages of this thread, there are some awesome things I will be looking for when I got in 11 days!

A couple tips

Try to be around a talking tree, trashcan ect when there are no kids around. They can be pretty mean (which is really funny if you are there with a group of friends).

Someone else mentioned this, but if something goes wrong, tell someone! For this next trip we had a reservation at one of the Japanese restaurant and last week my boyfriend got a call that it would be closed and we could call for reservations somewhere else and would get a priority. We called a little later and he mentioned that we were disappointed about it (I was REALLY looking forward to it) and they are giving us VIP viewing for Illuminations that night!

DizWrldTeam5 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I dont know if this known but when you go on Pirates in Disney World the you can use both right and left lines to get to the ride. Alot of people think the right side is only for fastpass but its not, I've used both lines and never got told anything.

Four Parks. One World. -lAnE
    I cant wait till WDW in Summer 08!

Quote Originally Posted by DizWrldTeam5 View Post
    I dont know if this known but when you go on Pirates in Disney World the you can use both right and left lines to get to the ride. Alot of people think the right side is only for fastpass but its not, I've used both lines and never got told anything.
    Anyone who believes that deserves to wait in a long line... Pirates isn't a FastPass attraction.

In any event, both queues are not always open. During slower times, CMs are directing people to only one side or the other. But you're right, if no CM is there telling you to go to the left only, you should definitely head to the non-existant line at the right.

dizny_baby is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hello y'all. I really enjoy reading everyone's mesages and can feel the Disney love....it's awesome!
    In October, my husband I are taking our son for his first time and to celebrate his 1st birthday at WDW. You have no idea how excited, nervous, and tickled to death we both are. I have jotted down all the secrets and hidden stuff and now it's just countdown.
    I am open to any suggestions on taking a little one to WDW. My husband and I have always gone to DL, so this is our first time to to WDW. I was 8 last time I went, so I know a lot has changed in 20 years, but I'm ready.....bring it on Mickey Take care y'all.
    Seeing it nw thrugh my child's eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by dizny_baby View Post
    In October, my husband I are taking our son for his first time and to celebrate his 1st birthday at WDW.
    [...]
    I am open to any suggestions on taking a little one to WDW.
    My friends and I went to WDW last year with their almost-toddler as well. Their number one tip is to make use of the Baby Care centers. There's one in each park. They have supplies and food and formula for sale, rooms for nursing, play areas for the older siblings, and are also just great air-conditioned places to sit down for a bit. The one in the Magic Kingdom is at the end of Main St, near the Crystal Palace. At Epcot, it's in the Odyssy building near the walkway from Future World to World Showcase, at MGM right near the turnstyles, adjacent to First Aid, and in the Animal Kingdom, on Discovery Island, to the left of the Tree of Life.

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.

have a snugli?

If you have a carrier (snugli or baby bjorg type), bring it along. They don't allow strollers in some of the ride lines, and you'll have to carry the little one. We didn't bring it the first time and ended up waiting in line for 25 min carriying our 20 lbs son. DH's arms almost fell off. I had brought mine for our daughter, so I was okay.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

dizny_baby is offline A-Ticket holder
    Do they make them for babies as big as 24lbs? He turned 1 this past August 1st, so by october I'm sure he will be way on his way up on the weigh scale
    But I'm going to look into that, great idea. He is a heavy and scwermy little guy Thanks a bunch.
    Seeing it nw thrugh my child's eyes...

akur is offline 1 hour's drive to WDW.
    Quote Originally Posted by dizny_baby View Post
    Do they make them for babies as big as 24lbs? He turned 1 this past August 1st, so by october I'm sure he will be way on his way up on the weigh scale
    But I'm going to look into that, great idea. He is a heavy and scwermy little guy Thanks a bunch.

We have a slde sling for our son that's up to 35 lbs.
    Ana The Librarian

I trade books! See my available list at:
    Books available

Have books to trade? Join Paperback Swap

jimmyglance is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow./......amazing

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    My first secret of WDW is prob the Grand Floridian Cafe. Awesome breakfast. It is basically a sit-down buffet where you are served family style plus it is a character meal with the Mad Hatter, Alice, Pooh, Tigger & Mary Poppins. If you gun for a Sunday Morning reservation at about 8/8:30 you should not have a problem as me and my family were able to do this the Wednesday of the trip.

MissKristin76 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi All! I am new to this website but let me say I love this thread! So many helpful tips and secrets, especially since we leave in 82 days (not that I'm counting or anything). I need some help though, my 6 year old is desperate to see Princess Aurora when we go or she will "be very disappointed in Mr Disney and his world!". Any suggestions on if and when she is around? I have booked the Princess Story Book Dinner in EPCOT but they can't confirm she'll be there or not. Thanks!

Page 54 of 85 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast