Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say your best bet might be the character lines at Mickey's Toon Town Fair (to the right of the Judge's Tent where ...
    mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say your best bet might be the character lines at Mickey's Toon Town Fair (to the right of the Judge's Tent where you meet Mickey). Failing that, you can go to any Guest Services location in the park and they should be able to tell you where/when certain characters will appear...

I'm trying to remember - do the performers of Dream Along With Mickey make themselves available for autographs after the show? I know Aurora is in the show...

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Does anyone miss the excitment of just running into characters randomly in the parks? God that was the best when i was little.
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Grand Californian

Quote Originally Posted by BrotherHuet View Post
    Does anyone miss the excitment of just running into characters randomly in the parks? God that was the best when i was little.
    <shrug> That still happens. It's just that they have designated character greeting locations in addition to the "random" encounters. I've seen characters randomly appear: at town square, at the castle, next to Carousel of Progress, under the bridge in front of Splash Mountain, in the middle of Fantasyland, next to the Hat, on the Streets of America, to the left of and behind the Tree of Life, and probably more that I'm not thinking of.

The designated areas (Judge's Tent, Character Greeting Trails, Sorcerer's Sound Stage, etc) are there for those who want to make absolutely sure they meet a certain very popular character, I think.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    <shrug> That still happens. It's just that they have designated character greeting locations in addition to the &quot;random&quot; encounters. I've seen characters randomly appear: at town square, at the castle, next to Carousel of Progress, under the bridge in front of Splash Mountain, in the middle of Fantasyland, next to the Hat, on the Streets of America, to the left of and behind the Tree of Life, and probably more that I'm not thinking of.

The designated areas (Judge's Tent, Character Greeting Trails, Sorcerer's Sound Stage, etc) are there for those who want to make absolutely sure they meet a certain very popular character, I think.
    Actually, all those are scheduled. Characters don't come out randomly anymore. Plus, no characters come out at the castle (except when a show is canceled).
    If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say your best bet might be the character lines at Mickey's Toon Town Fair (to the right of the Judge's Tent where you meet Mickey). Failing that, you can go to any Guest Services location in the park and they should be able to tell you where/when certain characters will appear...

I'm trying to remember - do the performers of Dream Along With Mickey make themselves available for autographs after the show? I know Aurora is in the show...
    The only times the Dream Along with Mickey characters come down is if a show is canceled. Other then that they don't.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Quote Originally Posted by joanna71985 View Post
    Actually, all those are scheduled. Characters don't come out randomly anymore. Plus, no characters come out at the castle (except when a show is canceled).
    Oh, well then I suppose I hallucinated being in a line to get my picture taken with Chip and Dale right in front of the castle last year? And also hallucinated happening to walk through the castle from Fantasyland to the front just as they came out, almost running into their handlers, and following them down to the hub, watching the line form, and seeing the cast members check the wristbands of those getting into the lines, since it was now EMH? Dang, you wouldn't think my memory would abandon me at only 28 years old. That's depressing.

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I'd also like to see the characters randomly but I can understand how this might be a problem. Things in the world just aren't they way they were when we were kids (I'm 41). It's probably safer for Disney to have specific greeting locations than to have the characters mobbed.
    Hypermommy

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Oh, well then I suppose I hallucinated being in a line to get my picture taken with Chip and Dale right in front of the castle last year? And also hallucinated happening to walk through the castle from Fantasyland to the front just as they came out, almost running into their handlers, and following them down to the hub, watching the line form, and seeing the cast members check the wristbands of those getting into the lines, since it was now EMH? Dang, you wouldn't think my memory would abandon me at only 28 years old. That's depressing.
    The only reason Chip and Dale would be in front of the castle anymore would be for EMH at night (and that has changed now). They have not been in the last 2 castle shows, and the characters in the shows do not come down after shows (except if a show is canceled).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Tinkerbell_Pixi is offline A-Ticket holder
    46 days left until I get to visit my favorite place on Earth! YIPPIEE!!!!

Ok, so I have a question. The day that we will arrive in WDW will be my Mom's birthday, and I want to make it the most special day that I can. Thanks so very much to everyone for mentioning the button, I will have to get her one of those. Can you only get those at the Magic Kingdom, or can you get them at the other parks or at your hotel? Also, does anyone know if there is any way to call up the hotel and have them leave flowers or something? We are staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort and I didn't know if something like that was possible.

I love this message board/website!
    ~Jamie Blanke (Professional Pirate/Faerie)~
    ~*All it takes is Faith and Trust...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!*~
    ~*Yo ho, yo ho a Pirates' Life for me!!!*~

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    You can get the buttons at all the parks. Also, they can do "extra" stuff for b-days. Check with the hotel directly or try (407) WDW-MAGIC (939-6244).

WDW Freak is offline A-Ticket holder
    ok im on for the first time in a billion years

I'm a mom
    I'm an aunt
    A sister
    Daughter
    Grandaughter
    And I'm always
    Small

Pixie Dust: High On Fiber, Low On Carbs

And he was all like, RAWR! And I was all ,like, RAWR RAWR!

NOW EVERYONE DO THE BOUNCE!

Thanks so much satijp! I will definitely call the number!

rhodisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I do love the scheduled Meet and Greets, that way I don't waste time in a line or standing by an attraction and see a character we've already got 6 pictures and an autograph with.
    Planning our 11th trip!!!
    Week after Christmas 2007POP Century
    Loved the new Pirates movie!!

*sigh* Oh, how I dream of being a Disney face character...pity I don't look like any of them. I would LOVE to be Ariel. Oh well, I don't know how much fun it would be to go to Disney World to "go to work" anyway. I'll just stick to being a Pixie and a Pirate in my free time!

I am going to apologize to everyone in advance because I have just discovered all of the smileys on this site and now I am really exicted.

Here's another "secret" that I don't really think is a secret, but something I just discovered recently that I thought was REALLY cool! If you go to Disneyworld.com, you can make custom maps of the parks and mark all of your favorite attractions, and it puts the last name of your family on the maps. Yes yes I know we all know the parks inside and out, but it's a really neat little feature. They also give you stickers to put on newly discovered places, and one to use to mark your resort! The cool thing is that you can customize these maps online and they will print them and ship them to you completely free! Mine took about 2 1/2 weeks to come in, and I got them yesterday in the mail! They are printed on nice parchment paper. It was just another one of those special little Disney touches that gets me even more excited about my upcoming trip, if that is even possible! Nobody does it like Disney!

jonniek13 is offline A-Ticket holder

disney secrets

Hi everyone! Just got back from WDW last week and can't wait to go back in Dec. for Xmas If by chance you are staying off property in like a condo or villa you have to get to a supermarket to buy the six pack of one liter waterbottles. We blew about 20 bucks in the parks just buying water that come in a 1/2liter. You put them in the freezer overnight and bam you have ice cold water that will last longer than two minutes and you save money to boot. Got to love the mouse!

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    i loved making the custom maps. it was so much fun!!! back to the topic. go the first week in october. you can get on any ride with no wait, and its alot cheaper. its also great because the have the food and wine festivle at epcot.
    Its a Small World after all.

Page 55 of 85 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast