Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; *squee*!!! That's when we are going!...
    Tinkerbell_Pixi is offline A-Ticket holder
    *squee*!!! That's when we are going!
    ~Jamie Blanke (Professional Pirate/Faerie)~
    ~*All it takes is Faith and Trust...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!*~
    ~*Yo ho, yo ho a Pirates' Life for me!!!*~

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    Expect crowds to be way up the weekend of Oct 5-8. It's the Columbus Day holiday weekend. Most hotels are near capacity (I know, I was having trouble getting one for Mon night). They told me with the holiday and the F&W Fest they were packed.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    yea that weekend we usually take a day off on saturday (hang around the hotel, go to downtown disney) and on sunday we go to animal kingdom.blut the weekdays are really slow.
    Its a Small World after all.

the_cm is offline A-Ticket holder
    in epcot at test track if you are a employe of gm show ur id before you get on the ride and you can request to go to the VIP loungh, The same is true for mission space
    Last edited by the_cm; 08-30-2007 at 01:44 PM.

disneyfan2007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have read most of the tips I have skipped a couple pages though to get through to this. I went to Disney World in April 05' with just my family and then again this April and brought a friend I have to say it is alot more fun with a friend you get to see a lot more stuff. Im going again in April 2008 !! It is more then 200 days away but it is Disney I don't care !! This time Im not bringing a friend either so it'll be exciting ! A little tip I don't know if someone put this yet or what not but
    If you sit near the end of the parade by Splash Mountain and the cut off there is hardly anyone there while watching Spectro Magic I know it is by the end of the Parade but it is totally worth it to get front row seats and then you can go on Splash Mountain a couple times before you have to go and sit down! SO EXCITED FOR DISNEY !!
    SUPER DISNEY FAN!!

Tinkerbell_Pixi is offline A-Ticket holder
    Trust me, that 200 days will go by in a flash! I started counting down to our vacation at over 250 days, and now I am down to 38! YAY! So excited!

Thanks for the tip, disneyfan2007, that's a really good one!
    ~Jamie Blanke (Professional Pirate/Faerie)~
    ~*All it takes is Faith and Trust...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!*~
    ~*Yo ho, yo ho a Pirates' Life for me!!!*~

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneyfan2007 View Post
    I have read most of the tips I have skipped a couple pages though to get through to this. I went to Disney World in April 05' with just my family and then again this April and brought a friend I have to say it is alot more fun with a friend you get to see a lot more stuff. Im going again in April 2008 !! It is more then 200 days away but it is Disney I don't care !! This time Im not bringing a friend either so it'll be exciting ! A little tip I don't know if someone put this yet or what not but
    If you sit near the end of the parade by Splash Mountain and the cut off there is hardly anyone there while watching Spectro Magic I know it is by the end of the Parade but it is totally worth it to get front row seats and then you can go on Splash Mountain a couple times before you have to go and sit down! SO EXCITED FOR DISNEY !!
    SUPER DISNEY FAN!!
    That is very true. If there is a 2nd Spectro, watch it in Frontierland. Some days it is a ghost town down there.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Wink The Sign Effect Revealed!

Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10 View Post
    Just a little thing to notice...

On Pirates, as you pass the auction scene, watch as the pirate on the laft hand side fires his gun, the sign on the other side of the water "pings" and swings back and forth
    You can see that scene if you go to ''Articles.'' Look for the article about Audio-Animatronics. Scroll down to find a video in this one. If you watch it, eventually it will show the sign effect! Its cool!
    there's nothing to get hung about

Disneycrazedmom is offline A-Ticket holder
    HI,
    Just finished reading all these cool tips. I have never been to WDW, all right stop crying, we will be arriving October 28 to start our dream vacation. Is this a good time to go? I don't have any tips. But I do have a couple of questions and you guys seem like experts. We have a family of 8, so we qualify for a Magical Gathering. We are staying at Pop Centry in 2 rooms, is this a good place? Any tips on traveling with a large crowd would be great. Ages of my kiddos are 16, 14,10,8,6,4
    Thanks for any and all tips. YOU ROCK!!!!!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneycrazedmom View Post
    HI,
    Just finished reading all these cool tips. I have never been to WDW, all right stop crying, we will be arriving October 28 to start our dream vacation. Is this a good time to go? I don't have any tips. But I do have a couple of questions and you guys seem like experts. We have a family of 8, so we qualify for a Magical Gathering. We are staying at Pop Centry in 2 rooms, is this a good place? Any tips on traveling with a large crowd would be great. Ages of my kiddos are 16, 14,10,8,6,4
    Ok for a first trip expect to try to do everything and when you are in the value resorts which are Pop Century and the All-Stars(Sports, Music & Movie) you tend to just use it for breakfast, one trip to the pool and sleeping each night. Other than that you will most likely not stay in those resorts because to be honest, they are basically themed Holiday Inns. October is an off-time besides the jump in attendance during the weekend due to Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. If you are not planning to do this, then the world Walt dreamed of will pretty much be your oyster.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

PoTC Perpetual Check

Does anyone have a picture of the two pirates playing chess at the beginning of the qeue? This is a reallly coll picture because of the perpetual check
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerbell_Pixi View Post
    46 days left until I get to visit my favorite place on Earth! YIPPIEE!!!!

Ok, so I have a question. The day that we will arrive in WDW will be my Mom's birthday, and I want to make it the most special day that I can. Thanks so very much to everyone for mentioning the button, I will have to get her one of those. Can you only get those at the Magic Kingdom, or can you get them at the other parks or at your hotel? Also, does anyone know if there is any way to call up the hotel and have them leave flowers or something? We are staying at the Saratoga Springs Resort and I didn't know if something like that was possible.

I love this message board/website!
    We celebrated our DD's " Sweet Sixteen " at WDW (July 12th ) & it was SPECTACULAR!!! We called the resort a few days before we got there & told them of the occasion & then when we got there we got her a birthday button at the front desk & then - very important! - went to the concierge desk & told them about her special day.Before it was all over, she got a card from cinderella, about a dozen balloons, half a dozen roses ( 3 red, 3 yellow ) key chains, a Minnie Mouse plush & other stuff I can't remember right now!!! If YOU make a big deal out of your mothers birthday, believe me, THEY will too!!! AND, we did not pay for any of it!!!! Although, we did leave a decent tip!
    And, yes, this is the " Happiest Site on Earth " about the " Happiest Place on Earth " !!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dizisit; 09-03-2007 at 04:03 AM.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneycrazedmom View Post
    HI,
    I love the Pop! While it may be valid to call them themed Holiday Inns, I just can't see spending 3 digits a night for a hotel room. And I'm never in the room anyway. Even though I've been to WDW many, many times, I still don't hang around the room. You'll love Pop. And besides, being in a different county than the other value resorts, it's a little bit less expensive anyway. And you get your own bus, don't have to share with other resorts (as is what happens at the All Stars). Besides, you're in Disney and staying on property. It's gonna be grand!!!
    Hypermommy

Ms. Tinkerbell is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just got back from WDW...not as bad as I thought it would be (being Labor Day weekend)..

Just a few things....

if you plan on doing a character dining...try Hollywood & Vine Character Dining (JoJo's Circus & Little Einsteins), but make a reservation for a late breakfast..like 11am or later...because even though they have the lunch section closed off, after 12pm they open it up and you get both breakfast and lunch!
    Also, it was my niece's birthday and I had already gotten her a pin at guest relations, when we were at the restaurant they gave her another pin, a birthday card, and stickers..oh and a free cupcake.

Also, I dont know if anyone knows this but if you are traveling with children you can ask for a sample of the lemonnade slush and its a pretty good size for children and its FREE! Its like a small cup of ice cream ( I got mine at the enchanted grove in MK)

NH Disney Drmr is offline B-Ticket Holder
    New Hampshire - too far away from the magic :(

Extra Magic Hours

Wehave been back from vacation for over a month now, and this is my first time back to the site. Guess the reality of being home hit. Wish I were back at Disney....2 years till my next trip.

Anyhow, I know it is no secret, but my new favorite thing about the entire experience is the Extra Magic Hours. Specifically the night extra magic hours at the Magic Kingdom. I didn't think my family would be able to survive that late, but we stayed till after 2am and had the time of our lives. It was the best part of the entire trip. First, I had never experienced the rides in the dark. Usually we would head back to the hotel in the evening. And second, we waited a max of ten minutes for all rides...

The best ride in the dark was the Jungle Cruise. I know it is an old favorite, but it was never a favorite of mine. For those of you that are like me, try it after dark and a full moon. It adds another dimension to the ride. Lots better.

It was a long day, we had been going since 8am, but well worth every Disney moment.
    NH Disney Drmr

October 5, 2013....Mother
    & Daughter trip. She's 16, I'm 40+...Who says Disney is just for kids.

Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast