Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 Ok I just wanted to shout this out at the top of my lungs... At the very last Pirate and Princess Party, the one on Labor ...
    dec5girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    Ok I just wanted to shout this out at the top of my lungs...

At the very last Pirate and Princess Party, the one on Labor Day, the Jack Sparrow in the parade.......was really Johnny Depp! And why couldn't it be? Everyone, myself included would never think it would be Johnny Depp...they would just think, "wow that's a really good Jack Sparrow impersonator"

I found this out from a cast member on my way to work yesterday. He works on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and I said to him, "Wow, you have such a good chance at meeting Johnny Depp" and he says, "I already did." and I said, "Omg when?" and he said, "Pirate and Princess Party." and I said, "Which one?" and he said, "the last one" and I said, "OMG I WAS THERE!" and he said, "yeah there was a lot of security...like, more than normal, so I asked my managers what all the security was for, and they said it was because Johnny Depp was in the parade"

It was really funny because I took a picture with Jack Sparrow and I thought, "he was good...but his face was a little fuller than Johnny Depp's." Then I saw the parade and I thought, "wow...that Jack Sparrow is REALLY good."

As a matter of fact, when the 2nd movie was coming out, and Disney added in the Pirate Crew Tutorial with Jack Sparrow in front of the ride, Johnny Depp asked if he could do it. His manager said no, his secuirty was like...helll no...and Disney management was like...sure why not? nobody will know it's you. So he did it for about a week, then passed it along to one of the current Jack Sparrow impersonators and Johnny told him himself, that he was a perfect Jack Sparrow....I found this out from one of my fellow cast members who is good friends with that Jack Sparrow.

here are pictures:
    I am very interested in this. Does your CM friend know if he has done this any other times this summer? My husband has been sure that we saw him in July. We saw a couple Jack Sparrow characters, but there was one that was amazing.

its-yo-son is offline A-Ticket holder
    yea ive heard about this.

dec5girl is so cool, shes so good at posting in forums.

she sounds so cool when she talks on here with her big fancy words and such.

"oh wait thats when i was married to brians daddy"

:]:]:]:]

dec5girl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Be nice to your first-time-forum-posting mom! She feeds you and does your laundry!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I love him, I am working so hard not to be jealous, LUCKY YOU!! Always a vicarious thrill for the rest of us so thanks for sharing that. Also a good reminder to stay alert, never know when a bonus star sighting will happen.

the_cm is offline A-Ticket holder
    I work in liberty square in the cristmas shope i did not belivie it was him intill he gave me his master card and it has his name on it

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    what did he buy?

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

he bought a pen and a autograph book

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    thats so cool a famous person buyin a autograph book to get autographs from characters... did he have his family with him? gosh i just love johnny depp.... was he in his pirates get up or just dressed regular

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

yes he was in his costume and his family was with him

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    he is from kentucky and you would never guess it from the way he speaks now... he sounds so foreign.. like he is english or french... brent says its from being jack so long...LOL
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

briar_rose is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi! I've been browsing this sight for a few days and found so much stuff interesting. I got my letter yesterday inviting me to participate as a Castmember for Spring Advantage 2008! I'm so excited because I haven't been to disney since I was 10 and now I get to work there! I'm definitely taking notes on cool things to do and look for. I hope I'm ready for everything!
    I know you, I walked with you once upon a dream...

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by briar_rose View Post
    Hi! I've been browsing this sight for a few days and found so much stuff interesting. I got my letter yesterday inviting me to participate as a Castmember for Spring Advantage 2008! I'm so excited because I haven't been to disney since I was 10 and now I get to work there! I'm definitely taking notes on cool things to do and look for. I hope I'm ready for everything!
    to DWT briar rose!!! I hope you enjoy it here as much as the rest of us do!!!
    And SPECIAL congrats on the CM position!!!!! I hope you have a blast & that it is a wonderful life experience for you!!!
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Reading thru all these "Secret" posts, I should've been taking notes.......
    In your opinion, whats the top 5 or 10 see or find Secrets?
    I told the wife about Tinkerbell in the Castle gift shop, and I want to see the key under the mat at Muppets, I was hoping for a few more ideas....

Thanks
    Ricky
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    I have just finished reading all the pages on this link!!! I can't believe how much stuff I have missed in the parks, Thanks all of you I am not going again until may 2009 but by the time we go I will hopefully be a walking disney encyclopedia!! I can't believe I have found a site where there are so many people like me

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    he is from kentucky and you would never guess it from the way he speaks now... he sounds so foreign.. like he is english or french... brent says its from being jack so long...LOL
    I think he lives in France most of the time where his girlfriend is from. Allegedly, he goes about unimpeded there, whereas here there is a paparazzi firestorm if he takes a deep breath. He is too hot; I hope one of ya'll ,who had a close encounter, got pictures and posts them for the rest of us to see.

Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast