Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Will anyone be there soon? I want a picture of those spiders in jungle cruise 'cuz I kept trying to find and buy one in cyberspace to no avail =( ...
    happiest_haunt is offline A-Ticket holder
    Will anyone be there soon? I want a picture of those spiders in jungle cruise 'cuz I kept trying to find and buy one in cyberspace to no avail =( I was on the new HM and I had problems the first few days. instead of the narration, I heard just this buzzing noise consistent with the narration. That kinda ruined it.

Oi with the poodles, already!

"This is how it starts. One muppet, Sesame Street in the morning, variety shows late at night. Next thing you know, you're selling your possesions on Main Street to pay for your next Muppet binge"

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    not really a sercet but if you tired of hamburgers and chicken fingers stop by the Plaza restruant its on main street next to the Plaza ice cream anyway the service is alway friendly and the sandwich great even for the picky eater like who like meat and cheese only and the ice cream sundaes are great

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I ate at that place(I think) and the people there were really friendly.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

SkellingtonGRL is offline A-Ticket holder

pirates chess

is there any way to stay at shades of green without "membership" per say
    Last edited by SkellingtonGRL; 10-25-2007 at 09:52 AM.
    where dreams come true

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SkellingtonGRL View Post
    Unfortunately not.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

dizfanfamily is offline Are we there YET???

There are several ways to stay a Shades of Green, however you either have to qualify or be sponsored by someone staying there. The rules for eligibility at the resort can be found at the Shades of Green Resort web site ( Shades of Green® Resort on WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort offical website is the only Armed Forces Recreation Center (AFRC) located in the continental U.S. Shades of Green® on WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort is a military resort serving the U.S. Army, Navy, Air ).
    1978, 83 – Contemporary Garden, 2001 – Contemporary Tower MK Side (Honeymoon),
    2002 – Grand Floridian, 2003 – Wilderness Lodge (Christmas @ WDW),
    2005 – Saratoga Springs (DVC Member), 2006 – Boardwalk Villas,
    2007 -- Saratoga Springs (April & December), 2008 -- SSR (March), BWV (Oct), POFQ (Dec)

Planning our next trip...

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    basicky rule of thumb is if you aint military (or sponser eg spouse,offspring) you aint gonna get in shade of green of course there is excepttions

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

emmabell is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow its taken me 3 days to read this...i dont reli have any secrets but i have a tip on the best time to go

i went last year from 13th october to 27th, and the weather was amazing (the highest it went was 93 f) , the queues weren't too long, and mickey's not so scary halloween party had already started.

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    You could be a civilian but you have to have atleast a family member working for the military, the family member doesn't have to be in the military just work for it, but my dad is in the navy. As of a membership there is no such thing, Shades of Green was created to show the military that they are greatful for their hard work(that is what the people at the front desk told me).

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???

Thumbs up secrets

[quote=neu318;21693]Not really a secret but a tip, duringMickeys very merry christmas and during new years eve fireworks to avoid getting stuck in a large crowd exiting the park they open an exit that goes through the stage in tomorrowland and goes through the back of main street which leads to the main exit. Also on the way you can see the CM's parking, the back of all the shops, plants used in the park, media crew, etc..[/quote

We have been ushered out through a gate next to restroom area between Casey's and Crystal Palace. It took us past the backs of the Main St. & City Hall and let us out by the entrance pavilion on the Monorail Station Side one New Years Eve 20 minutes before the fireworks. We watched the fireworks from the Boat Launch area and with ease boarded a bus buggy and all to PO, no lines, no crowds. Perfect view, only a handful of people around us and the beautiful lake. The CM's asked us if we were exiting the park, the "yes" got us a back path tour.

fallendusk is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hey everyone! I just joined today!

I'm not sure if this counts as a secret or just a strange sighting, but when my family and I were waiting to watch the Beatles show in WS two years ago, the Mad Hatter came running around the building shouting something about tea. Strange, no?
    Last edited by fallendusk; 10-30-2007 at 10:05 PM.

KimDWT is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Sorry if you've already read this but I'm too tired to check all 61 pages of this thread...
    One of the best Wishes viewing spots is the Rose Garden to the right of the Castle near Tomorrowland.
    It's usually not too crowded and you get a great view of Tinkerbell

The other spot we discovered by accident last year: Fantasyland by Pooh's ride - you get a completely different view of the fireworks and it feels like you're completely surrounded by light and color.

1980's 3 trips offsite - 1991, 1994 Offsite, 1997 CBR, 1999 BC, 2001 Swan, 2005 Offsite, 2006 Swan & Dolphin - DL offsite, 2008 Disneyland Paris offsite, 2009 AKL CL/Poly GVCL, Swan/Dolphin (2x/ea), 2010 WL, YC, AKV (Jambo), POFQ/BC, OKW/SSR, BWI CL/GF SL for Girl Trip 2.0, OKW Swaggervilla #augcrewunion, DL Hotel, YC CL W&D5K, Poly Dec Reunion 2010, 2011 Jan Who knows yet Feb 2011 BC

www.luxurytravelgirl.blogspot.com

MasterMason is offline A-Ticket holder
    Took me quite a bit of time to read thru but, I'm glad I did!!!!!! We've been going to WDW every year since 1999. Thi is the best place to catch Mary Poppins, Alice and the Mad Hatter. We've caught them just wandering around this garden each year.

TheCartooner is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    in the haunted mansion there is a bride. Look closeley at her face. it is a projection of the face of Alice Davis!!
    Last edited by TheCartooner; 11-13-2007 at 05:14 PM. Reason: look at the bride's face

TheCartooner is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Oh! All The Way To Meh-hee-coe!

Page 61 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast