Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I'll be there Wednesday for my bday!!!...
    akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!
    I'll be there Wednesday for my bday!!!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

Candi0416 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi everyone I stumbled on this site looking for tips and tricks and this site is awesome. I always wanted to go to Disney World since i was little now 26 years old and two children later I am finally going. I am trying to read all i can before i go DEC 27. But does anyone know if the monorail and the bus do you need car seats my son is 1 1/2 and worried about going park to park I am going to bring his car seat with us to florida but do i need it in the park?

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    No seats are needed on monorails buses trains etc....

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    i wouldnt say they are not needed as much as not possible. i'd just put him on your lap. the busses dont do well with the laws of inertia so he'd be better of not in his own seat.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

Candi0416 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks I was really worried about if I had to carry his carseat from park to park which would be a hassle. I cant wait to go

chuckd3 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi,

Just found this site. I am going to DW 12/7/07 thru 12/11/07. We are staying in Port Orleans Riverside. We were told that the best building to be in was Alligator 14, anyone with any info on this? Also we could really use any tips for this time of year that ya'll are willing to share.
    Last edited by chuckd3; 11-28-2007 at 06:05 PM.

jsparrow0809 is offline A-Ticket holder

Port Orleans Riverside

My family is going to stay at Port Orleans Riverside in the summer '08. I heard that the best building to stay in was Alligator Bayou in buildings 14 and 15(as they are closest to the food courts and the parking/bus area) I believe they are also renovating some of the rooms at POR and are sure to be beautiful!

ONLY 220 DAYS UNTIL DISNEY TRIP 2008!

ONLY 5 DAYS UNTIL POTC ATWE on DVD!

akur is offline 82 miles to WDW!

no car seat, stroller

Quote Originally Posted by Candi0416 View Post
    Hi everyone I stumbled on this site looking for tips and tricks and this site is awesome. I always wanted to go to Disney World since i was little now 26 years old and two children later I am finally going. I am trying to read all i can before i go DEC 27. But does anyone know if the monorail and the bus do you need car seats my son is 1 1/2 and worried about going park to park I am going to bring his car seat with us to florida but do i need it in the park?
    We took our 17 month old twins today and just rolled their stroller into both the monorail and ferry. My only suggestion is since you are going during a crowded tine, to bring a snugli-type carrier sling. You can't bring the stroller into some of the lines and it can get tiring carrying a toddler.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Ana The Librarian

MomtoMandJ in the box

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Is it just me or is this thread getting a little off topic? LOL
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I won't share my best kept secret, because if I did, it won't be secret anymore! (I wonder how many times that line's been used in this topic )

MiraNova23 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I've never been able to think of anything here that I know that everybody else [here at least] doesn't already know...

The thing I learned on my last trip however is how to get attention. I had never gotten noticed for the slightest thing before. Ya just gotta be crazy&cool!

examples:
    1. Front of the line waiting for HM, in a who-could-be-more-random convo with my brother. *look at CM guy at front door* "He's cute." My brother repeated it several times & quite loudly. The CM smirked, & once inside the elevator... He picked me to try to freak out throughout the entire growing-pictures show!
    2. Dress up like a bonified pirate. Confuse Ariel so she doesn't know if she should call you "princess" cuz you're a girl or whatnot! Get pointed out to everyone from floats even though it's the most crowded SpectroMagic ever, cuz Alice & co are scared & Captain Hook wants you to pledge your allegience to him. CMs can spontaneously swordfight with you throughout the day anywhere.
    3. Disobey the Big Sisters at Prime Time 50's Cafe, all in good fun. Got 3 special pins for me & the sibs, & priority Fantasmic! seating for my whole family.

Now that's how I have fun in WDW
    My
    (If I'm here, then I'm probably supposed to be animating instead.)

kara2lucy is offline A-Ticket holder
    our last trip we just went to d-town disney for a day we were staying at the grovsener hotel we had a view of all the parks from our rooms location. Durring the day we could see the tree of life, Mickey's Sorccer's hat and the Epcot golf ball thingy. My friend was trying to find Cinderella's Castle so we could see Magic Kingdom. We could not see anytrace of the castle, we could how ever see expadition everest. Later that night around 11 30 we returned to the hotel and now that the castle was all light up we could see the castle. The next morining we looked again and it was gone. I dont think this was a secret but it was cool. Later that week I went with my aunt and cousin we went to magic kingdom and found that you had great seats for the fireworks if you got in line to ride dumbo as long as you dont mind missing Tinkerbell.
    This is Carlee....
    This is Carlee On Dumbo...
    This is Carlee on Dumbo With fireworks

ERich2010 is offline just cant get enough
    this is fairly well known piece of info. there's a restaraunt at the top of the contemporary. if you go there at night, just before the fireworks, they will dim the lights, bring up the show music, and u can watch the whole show while you are eating. its pretty cool.
    Eric

Yo Ho Yo Ho a Pirates Life for Me...

Bangarang Rufio

wdwtraveler is offline A-Ticket holder

Osborne Spectacle of Lights

When the lights were packed up in Litte Rock, Disney got one piece they were not supposed to. That one piece is a halloween black cat, which was one of Osborne family's favorite decorations. As a game for the family, lighting designers hide the cat each year (this year it is on a water tower) for them to find when they visit the spectacle each hoilday season.

-wdwtraveler

crussell54 is offline A-Ticket holder
    GREAT thread on a really cool site! I'm constantly looking for little secrets to make each trip a little more magical. This thread has more than just about any other one I've seen, and I've only combed through the first 11 pages! I did find this article about secrets at the MK a few days ago. It might have a few that aren't covered here...

Walt Disney World Secrets: The Magic Kingdom - Associated Content

Page 63 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast