Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I like the condiments in DINOSAUR. Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayo....
    I like the condiments in DINOSAUR. Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayo.
    there's nothing to get hung about

sorry, double post....
    Last edited by StitchFan23; 01-05-2008 at 09:42 AM. Reason: double post
    there's nothing to get hung about

AndyNova70 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just got back from WDW on Thursday. Found the center of the world in EPCOT, and the Mississippi River in MK. There used to be water wheel but it was not there now, it was mounted on the side of the shooting gallery building.

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    this was discussed many pages ago, but the other day (Jan 4) we were riding the people mover and saw space mountain with the lights on! to make things better, they were letting people ride it with the lights on. i would guess that something went wrong with the left track, as it was inactive, and they cut off the line at the entrance and let everyone in the building ride their way out on the right side. i took some pics, and will try to load up later

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Not sure if anyone knows this or not, but did you know that Imagineers paid such close attention to detail that when they constructed Liberty Square in the Magic Kingdom, they made sure there was absolutely no indoor plumbing or running water within the area? If a building within LS shares its space with a buidling that is in Fronteirland or Fantasyland or any other neighboring area, the bathrooms and pipes are all on their side. Also, all the windows in LS are from authentic colonial period buildings in Boston, and were taken from them before the buildings were demolished.

Found this out on my keys to the Kingdom Tour and thought it was interesting =)
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I never knew that, that is veru cool!

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

Did you also know the requirements to be Tinker Bell? Tinker Bell, who flies from Cinderella Castle to a rood behind Tomorrowland/Main Street, comes to work three or four hours before her flight, puts on her makeup, massive light up wings, etc, then climbs up the staircase to about 180 feet in the air. She then gets pushed out of the castle and smacks into a mattress in order to stop somewhere in Tomorrowland/Main Street "behind stage". If she gets stuck midway to the landing site, she has to hand over fist carry herself there, little by little and hope that she's no longer in site for the crowds.

This is Tinker Bell's only job for Disney. She must weigh no more than 95 pounds and be about 5'0. For working about 4 hours a day, she is paid full time, full benefits and worker's compensation, and is paid whether she flies or not (could always be cancelled due to weather, etc.). Crazy, huh?

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Benjo is offline Cranium Commando
    My Uncle noticed that this on my most recent trip to the World last week:

Did you know that the concrete oozing out in between of the blocks in the basement of Tower of Terror is accurately done? During the time period in which the Hollywood Tower Hotel was made (supposedly in the 1930's), the method of laying concrete was different than today. Today, plywood is put down in between layers of concrete in order to make for a nice smooth wall. However, back in the 1930's, plywood was not put down, and therefore a small amount of concrete would always ooze out in between layers.

The Imagineers' attention to detail never ends...

You see the hat? I am Mrs. Nesbitt!

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Jarod's correct - Club 33 is at Disneyland, in New Orleans Square. It is a private club created by Walt to entertain special guests. There is a waiting list several years long and thousands of dollars in membership fees, plus you have to be invited to join by a current member.

There is no equivalent in Florida's Walt Disney World.

Saddly there in non down here your right. But the one up in DL is esy to find if you know where it is. If not then you would just walk by it with out a care in the world. Also there use to be a Vulture on a lamp in Club33 that use to talk and interact with guest (with the help of a mic it heard every word and talked back)
    but that not longer talks ( it's still there) I think I heard that the batterys died or something.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    P.s. you ppl might know it but in EPCOT two things:
    1) if you go inside the restureant (spelled wrong) called Electric Unberella then there is a way cool talking trash can. me and my bro were sitting in front of that trash can for like half an hour and just pushing it open so it would talk and ppl were looking at us like we were crazy or doing the voices ourself but then kids came over so we let them be crazy n_n
    2) Spaceship Earth (the dome itslef) the pannels on the dome are spaced out like 1in appart for two reasons. 1. so that they can expand in Fl heat. and 2. so that when it rains (like it does so often here) the dome would not become a giant Water fall and fall on ppls heads and the water from the rain is the water that is used to fill the lake in the World Provilian (spelled wrong)

I found that out and thought it was cool. even though I found this out like 5 years ago.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

Disneymom145 is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is my favorite! Sorry if it has already been said, seeing that this thread has been going for years! Inside the Winnie the Pooh ride at WDW where Mr. Toads Wild Ride once stood (my favorite ride of all time!), the imagineers wanted to keep the memory of Mr. Toad alive so when you are entering Owls house if you look immediately to your right you will see a photo on the wall of Mr. Toad handing the deed over to Owl! I was lucky and quick enough to get a great photo of this. You have to be quick or you will miss it. There is also a grave site for Mr. Toad at the exit of the Haunted Mansion, it's a little hard to find. It's at the top of the hill to the left in the little fenced in graveyard.

Long live Mr. Toad!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Disneymom145 View Post
    This is my favorite! Sorry if it has already been said, seeing that this thread has been going for years! Inside the Winnie the Pooh ride at WDW where Mr. Toads Wild Ride once stood (my favorite ride of all time!), the imagineers wanted to keep the memory of Mr. Toad alive so when you are entering Owls house if you look immediately to your right you will see a photo on the wall of Mr. Toad handing the deed over to Owl! I was lucky and quick enough to get a great photo of this. You have to be quick or you will miss it. There is also a grave site for Mr. Toad at the exit of the Haunted Mansion, it's a little hard to find. It's at the top of the hill to the left in the little fenced in graveyard.

Long live Mr. Toad!

I heard this! And right after we were told my dad and I rode the ride to try and find it and we couldn't!

*My Visits*

Ryan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Just don't take any pictures. Your camera/pictures will be, most likely, subject to confiscation.
    This was posted a long while back in this thread, but i was just wondering if you take a picture of Space Mountain with the lights on though the TTA /WEDWAY People Mover with a digital camera would they take the whole camera or the memory card, or do they just search through the pictures and delete them?

And what if you took pictures / video inside of the ride itself?

This is my first post
    Last edited by Ryan; 01-18-2008 at 10:39 PM. Reason: I edited it because i wanted to reword it.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Not sure about an answer to your question, Ryan, but to DWT
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Not sure about an answer to your question, Ryan, but to DWT
    I think I remember this one from way back in the thread...if my brain still functions....it was about Space Mountain and taking photo's with the lights on????
    And that your camera would be taken if you took picture of SM that way. Anyways if you read further on in the thread it was proven to be false and many pictures posted with the lights on.

Page 64 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast