Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1271
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Alrighty ! We were thinking All Star movies is it the nicest of the All Star Resorts? url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/] [/url] I would rather be a Disneyworld...
    disneyfan2007 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Alrighty ! We were thinking All Star movies is it the nicest of the All Star Resorts?

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

I would rather be a Disneyworld

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    I have another secret that I learned from the Keys to the Kingdom tour.

dont know if this was said but some guy at the Comptemporary-sp- had way to much time on his hands to he was looking out his window with binoculars-sp sorry Im not a good speller- and say a building which was part of the backlots. he told a CM that worked at the Hotel and they had it fixed... not behind Splash Mt there are even more fake rocks and a brown color. and next to Splash Mt. there is a building that is colored green so no one sees it through the trees (CMs call it "Go Away Green")

I thought that was pretty cool... and I was bored
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

chipmunkgal is offline A-Ticket holder
    wow, I just finished reading all 73 pages! there's lots of great stuff in here!! thank you!

I was wondering if anyone knew of any other 'secrets' (not sure if you'd call them that) along the same lines as, for example, children being able to make bracelets at the Polynesian?

We've never done it but I heard that if you go to the Polynesian Resort early in the morning, just inside the main entrance and to your left there is a CM that makes the Hawaiian Leis for the show and there is a table set up for kids to make bracelets. I can't wait to see if this is true, my girls will love it!!! I'm looking for other things along these lines.
    ------------------------------------------
    Jeannie

Hot Dog, Hot dog, Hot Diggity Dog

eeyoregirl13 is offline Fastpass Holder

thanks!

Wow, I'm really enjoying reading all of these!! Thanks so much everyone for sharing your secrets! This hidden gems and the awesome attention to every little detail is what makes Disney sooo special! :-)

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Im not sure if i read this here, or elsewhere. but have you ever noticed in the haunted mansion when you see the "swinging wake" the ghosts are transparent, but after the attic in the graveyard scene they appear solid? this is because after you leave the attic and you go down the side of the mansion backwards, you have fallen off the roof and "died" and become a ghost, and now you can seem them better.

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Quote Originally Posted by cskiff7895 View Post
    Im not sure if i read this here, or elsewhere. but have you ever noticed in the haunted mansion when you see the "swinging wake" the ghosts are transparent, but after the attic in the graveyard scene they appear solid? this is because after you leave the attic and you go down the side of the mansion backwards, you have fallen off the roof and "died" and become a ghost, and now you can seem them better.
    Where'd you hear that one?
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

Thats cool

never thought about it like that.

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    im not sure where that came from. i thought i heard it here, but maybe not

I think that Haunted Mansion secret (with the ghosts turning more 3-D once you "die") was in the WDW Trivia Book 1? I could be wrong though. I know I've heard that one too.

Just found it in WDW Trivia Book 1, page 92!
    Last edited by eeyoregirl13; 08-21-2008 at 11:50 AM.

Mickey's#1Fan is offline Ready to go back to the World!
    Massachusetts... not close enough to the world :(
    chipmunkgal- kind of along these lines at pop century in the am you can do the twist with CMs in the breakfast area and they give you a button saying i had a poppin good time doing the twist and at 6pm they teach you how to do the hustle in the lobby... i did the twist never the hustle but i thought it was neat
    Jennah
    Remember the MAGIC
    "a dream can be a dream come true with just that spark in me and you!"
    "in the big blue world...."
    "because i'm a lady... thats why"
    "it's a great BIG beautiful tomorrow!""Beware of hitch hiking ghosts!!"
    "it's hard to be cool when your dad is goofy!"

"please do not put on your safety goggles until you are safely seated safely inside the theater safely"- dr. nigel channing imagination institute

check...check...check...check...applause- four for a dollar

WDW
    Trips: '90 '91 '92 '93 '94 '95 '96 '97 '98 '99 '00 '01 '02 '03 '04
    '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '12

Emilysturning5 is offline A-Ticket holder

Question Creating a lifelong birthday memory

My wife and I are taking our daughter for her 1st time to WDW to celebrate her 5th birthday in mid-September. We've planned some character breakfasts and the Bippity-Boppity boutique on her birthday but we are trying to make this trip perfect for her. We're staying at All Star Music and have the meal plan but any tips to make a 5 year old's birthday special would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Last edited by Emilysturning5; 08-25-2008 at 08:23 PM.

Emilysturning5 is offline A-Ticket holder

Johnny Depp??? not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    Ok I just wanted to shout this out at the top of my lungs...

At the very last Pirate and Princess Party, the one on Labor Day, the Jack Sparrow in the parade.......was really Johnny Depp! And why couldn't it be? Everyone, myself included would never think it would be Johnny Depp...they would just think, "wow that's a really good Jack Sparrow impersonator"

I found this out from a cast member on my way to work yesterday. He works on the Pirates of the Caribbean attraction and I said to him, "Wow, you have such a good chance at meeting Johnny Depp" and he says, "I already did." and I said, "Omg when?" and he said, "Pirate and Princess Party." and I said, "Which one?" and he said, "the last one" and I said, "OMG I WAS THERE!" and he said, "yeah there was a lot of security...like, more than normal, so I asked my managers what all the security was for, and they said it was because Johnny Depp was in the parade"

It was really funny because I took a picture with Jack Sparrow and I thought, "he was good...but his face was a little fuller than Johnny Depp's." Then I saw the parade and I thought, "wow...that Jack Sparrow is REALLY good."

As a matter of fact, when the 2nd movie was coming out, and Disney added in the Pirate Crew Tutorial with Jack Sparrow in front of the ride, Johnny Depp asked if he could do it. His manager said no, his secuirty was like...helll no...and Disney management was like...sure why not? nobody will know it's you. So he did it for about a week, then passed it along to one of the current Jack Sparrow impersonators and Johnny told him himself, that he was a perfect Jack Sparrow....I found this out from one of my fellow cast members who is good friends with that Jack Sparrow.

here are pictures:
    Johnny Depp has a tattoo consisting of 3 colored rectangles on his right index finger. Your third picture shows Jack Sparrow's index finger with no tatoos but rather a strange ring.

Stitchgirl1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilysturning5 View Post
    My wife and I are taking our daughter for her 1st time to WDW to celebrate her 5th birthday in mid-September. We've planned some character breakfasts and the Bippity-Boppity boutique on her birthday but we are trying to make this trip perfect for her. We're staying at All Star Music and have the meal plan but any tips to make a 5 year old's birthday special would be greatly appreciated! Thanks
    Make sure you have reservations for the Breakfast / Dinner you want to do on her birthday, because of the Dining plan it's hard to get a table on the day.

Apparently if you go to the town hall in the Magic Kingdom and tell them it's her birthday they will give her a badge and she should get special attention round the park. I've heard that CMs in the stores will say there's a phone message and then hand over the receiver for a birthday message from a character and other fun stuff.

If I see a child with a birthday badge I always wish them a happy birthday so I hope I see you in the Magic Kingdom!

I went with my mom, bro, and bff to WDW for my 16th b-day (so not my first time at WDW) but both me and my mom got the button... I never got the phone call thing at the shop, but I did get LOTS of happy birthday wishs.

Make sure you tell the front desk at your hotel. most hotels at Disney will set something up for your kid in the room. (dolls, balloons, autograph pic of a character ect.)

and get ready for LOADS of birthday wishes for her. wow those were everywhere. kinda cool.

Page 73 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast