Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1271
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; We just got back from a Universal/Disney vacation and have a cool story to share. I was standing in front of the Haunted Mansion and was going to take a ...
    jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We just got back from a Universal/Disney vacation and have a cool story to share. I was standing in front of the Haunted Mansion and was going to take a picture of my daughter in front of the mansion. I lifted a chain up so she can walk under and the chain slipped out of my hand and hit her in the lip. It got cut and started bleeding. Of course she's crying, I'm panicking and my wife starts flipping. A cast member comes over to see what's going on. After seeing what is happening he comes back with a bag of ice and an Ariel pin. This put a smile on my daughter's face. But that's not all. He then says "would you like to go a secret way into the mansion?" And then guides us into the servant's entrance! I wasn't able to take a photo because I was in awe but it was cool! It was only about a 20 foot long hallway with some old skelaton keys and other stuff hung up, but it was cool to go that way! I told my daughter "way to take one for the team!" Of course the wife didn't appreciate that!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the boards jtrain75!!
    -Zac

Here's a little-known fact that people may not know...cast members sometimes have Fast Pass tickets available that are good for any ride. Last Friday I went to Hollywood Studios and didn't think to go to the Toy Story ride first. Instead, I took my daughter to the TOT (1st time rider and she loved it), then we went to see the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. While my wife and daughter were standing inline I ran over to get fast passes for Toy Story...and they were all out. It was 10:15 in the morning!!!
    I was so disappointed and the line was 90 minutes, way too long for a 5 year old to stand in. So we went about our day and did all the other attractions. On our way to see the Caspian Prince exhibit we walked pass the Toy Story ride and saw that the line was now 120 minutes! I casually walked up to two cast members and asked, "Which one of you gentlemen would like to give me three fast pass tickets for me, my wife and daughter?" They just kinda looked at me and smirked and I said "Now don't answer at once, I'd like you to think long and hard about it". One of the gentlemen named Ray from Baltimore put his hand in his pocket. I then said "Ray, Baltimore, beautiful city, love the harbor. And how about them Ravens?" He started laughing and asked who they were for again, I told him my wife and daughter and he gave me three fast passes good for any ride!!! I was so happy I told him I hoped the Ravens win the Super Bowl (even though I'm an Eagles fan). He started laughing and said I must be in sales...which I am!
    After yanking my wife and daughter out of the Caspian line I had my daughter thank Ray and that seemed to make his day.
    The tickets say "Good for any ride, good to use by 8/31/2008 and NOT FOR RESALE.
    So don't give up the next time your favorite ride is out of fast pass tickets, turn on some charm, go for the assumptive close and use the first name!
    visit my website!!

1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2009- Beach Club
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by jtrain75 View Post
    We just got back from a Universal/Disney vacation and have a cool story to share. I was standing in front of the Haunted Mansion and was going to take a picture of my daughter in front of the mansion. I lifted a chain up so she can walk under and the chain slipped out of my hand and hit her in the lip. It got cut and started bleeding. Of course she's crying, I'm panicking and my wife starts flipping. A cast member comes over to see what's going on. After seeing what is happening he comes back with a bag of ice and an Ariel pin. This put a smile on my daughter's face. But that's not all. He then says "would you like to go a secret way into the mansion?" And then guides us into the servant's entrance! I wasn't able to take a photo because I was in awe but it was cool! It was only about a 20 foot long hallway with some old skelaton keys and other stuff hung up, but it was cool to go that way! I told my daughter "way to take one for the team!" Of course the wife didn't appreciate that!
    How neat.
    I'm just waiting for something to happen to me at the parks because I'm naturally klutzy. xD
    *Thinks*
    If I do, it will be a cool thing to "take one for the team".

Anywho, heres a neat tidbit I found awhile ago:

While in Harper's Mill on Tom Sawyer Island, look closely at the wooden gears operating. On one of the gears that rotate horizontally, look closely between the cogs. You will see a little blue bird sitting there.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

KingJamesUT is offline The Hakuna Kahuna
    Quote Originally Posted by Panda_Girl View Post

Anywho, heres a neat tidbit I found awhile ago:

While in Harper's Mill on Tom Sawyer Island, look closely at the wooden gears operating. On one of the gears that rotate horizontally, look closely between the cogs. You will see a little blue bird sitting there.
    A tribute to the 1937 Silly Symphonies "The Old Mill".
    Stitch Smash!

'86, '87, '88, '89, '90, '91, '94, '95, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '08

'87, '89, '90, '93, '94, '99, '01, '05, '08

'92, '95, '96, '99, '04

'08

HayBaby569 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I don't know if this is a great secret, but if you get to Magic Kingdom early, right around the time it opens, You should walk straight to Cinderella's castle. In that area, there is a shop called "Tinkerbell's Treasures". There, if Tinkerbell isn't already awake, you ask an employee if you can wake Tinkerbell up. They will then lead you to a drawer(I'm pretty sure) with a eye size key hole. Sure enough, if you look inside, Tinkerbell is asleep. And you actually get to wake her up! When I went to go and wake her, as soon as I walked in the door with my family a girl was already waking her up. So I hope I will have the chance to do the same also.

Wonderchcik is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love this thread!!

willywilly99 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Well I have picked up all of the ones I have seen, but only that one seems to be attached to the party line

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by KingJamesUT View Post
    A tribute to the 1937 Silly Symphonies "The Old Mill".
    I wondered what refrence that was for. =]

Another neat tidbit!!! I could keept hem coming, I have an 18 page document on word; anyone want to see?
    xD

At the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, a second rock carving is also seen from the first bridge after the gorilla exibit. Continue on almost to the far end of the bridge and turn to the left. Look out through the small trees and the rocks, now on the left side of the valley. Mufasa's head is carved here in the farthest rock out. Again about 20+ feet in height. I am told that this is a bit harder to see sometimes as a small tree about half way between the bridge and the rock partially obscures it, but is trimmed now and then to make this more visible.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

This really isn't a secret but something that I never noticed in my previous trips. When you go into the Haunted Mansion and get in the Doombuggies, one of the first things you come across is the organ playing by itself. What I never noticed was you can see the shadow of the ghost on the floor right in front of the organ! It moves in unison of the music and keys being striked. Check it out next time you're lucky enough to go!
    visit my website!!

2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2009- Beach Club
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

lilmermaidgrl13 is offline A-Ticket holder
    OHHHH I HAVE A Disney LAND secret.....there...is...a...basketball court...in...the...matterhorn! Ahhmaayyyzzinnn

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Welcome to the boards lilmermaidgrl13!!
    -Zac

Toad's Buddy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I have one, Next time you are in the Mansion, check out the old ghost in the rocking chair: It's the Grandmother animatronic from Progressland at the 64/65 World's Fair (later to become the Carousel of Progress).
    Have a Great, Big, Beautiful Today!

Toad's Buddy

"No more Laserdiscs for you, Grandpa!"

DisneyNamSooYun is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yeah when I was standing in line for a ride My parents were telling me we were going somewhere else. I was 15 years old and I was there for a robotic compeition. She said," Miss Where are you going?" I began to catch up with my parents and she tried to catch up." Miss. Miss!" I thought it was so funny that she thought I was cutting in line at WDW. ha ha joke is one her! he he he

And another I was 15 too and I was saving a place for my parents at " Electric Umbrella" and two ladies asked me to move, and they said that these other people needed seats. I looked around and I'm like" Ahh there are other seats Hello?"

But then I wish I would've spoke up he ha

( I was 15 in both of them so that u know)

I have a question. In between "It's a Small World" and the entrance to Liberty Square there is a brown building tucked away in the corner up on the hill. I never saw any signs and there's no indication as to what it is. On the guidemaps it shows it there, but does not indicate what it is. Does anyone know what it is?
    visit my website!!

2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2009- Beach Club
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

Page 74 of 85 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast