Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485
Results 1,261 to 1,271 of 1271
Secrets of WDW Discuss Your best WDW Secret!! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC it used to "rain"... i have a photo like that... but i think that feature has been disabled... anyone know if this was moved during the ...
    supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Re: Your best WDW Secret!!

Quote Originally Posted by JNota0005DakMC View Post
    it used to "rain"... i have a photo like that... but i think that feature has been disabled...

anyone know if this was moved during the years... i really dont remember it being in its current location back in the early 90's... but i didnt know my way around the park then so i could be wrong on this...
    Can you believe that I have never once saw, or stopped to look for, the umbrella after all these years?
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    Can you believe that I have never once saw, or stopped to look for, the umbrella after all these years?
    really....? i think now it is located near the old Hunchback stage show on the outskirts of streets of america... and it used to have a pressurized water cannon that simulated rain...

but Mike i remember your not an MGM fan so dont fret... its ok...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

ToddBreakey is offline Fastpass Holder

The Singing in the Rain umbrella stil rains. We were just there in October and have pictures of both of my daughters standing under it with the rain coming down.

The trick is that you have to stand in the right spot. And I'm sure the turn it off during the colder days so the water doesn't freeze on the ground causing a slip hazard.
    "You shouldn't play leapfrog with a porcupine. You might get hurt." - Eliza Breakey, Age 4

I HATE being back in the real world!!!!

Marct is offline A-Ticket holder

I am looking for some Disney secrets so to say to round out a book I am working on. Any stories you have in regards to the paranormal (anything seen that you can't explain) would be greatly appreciated. Interested in specifically the legend of George from "Pirates" and the "Haunted Mansion". From cast members to past cast members we have a lot of documented experiences and stories. Your story will be gladly credited to you if used. The book is set to print in September and will be on shelfs for Halloween.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by Marct View Post
    I am looking for some Disney secrets so to say to round out a book I am working on. Any stories you have in regards to the paranormal (anything seen that you can't explain) would be greatly appreciated. Interested in specifically the legend of George from "Pirates" and the "Haunted Mansion". From cast members to past cast members we have a lot of documented experiences and stories. Your story will be gladly credited to you if used. The book is set to print in September and will be on shelfs for Halloween.
    Besides George in Pirates and the Ghost in HM. I've also heard of a little ghost girl that hangs out under SSE, and theres a ghost man that hangs outside ToT after hours that the CM's will call to thinking its a guest and he would turn a corner (not hearing the CM's) and just vanish.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

JerryInKeystone is offline A-Ticket holder

That story sent shivers up my spine.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Quote Originally Posted by JerryInKeystone View Post
    That story sent shivers up my spine.
    I love that near the little girl ghost under SSE there is a little boy ghost thats always around her like he's protecting her ^_^
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

I have two that I can think of off the top of my head. The first is regarding the debate about buying a week's worth of tickets or an AP. I am a DVC member and the first year my wife and I became members, we bought AP's because we scheduled our trip the following year ( we go twice a year now, thank god) one week earlier so we save money. It may be two seperate calendar years, but it's two weeks in the same 365 day period. Also upon the first AP renewal, they tack on an extra 3 months free.

The second is not so much of a "secret", but my wife and I love the somewhat secluded spot, the seating area behind Yak and Yeti counter service. It's next to the bathrooms and the queue for Kali River Rapids. There's a unique fountain, shade and also a drink/snack counter service, appropriately named: Yak and Yeti quality beverages. One of our favorite relaxing spots in all of WDW.

love the mouse is offline A-Ticket holder

Cool Re: Your best WDW Secret!!

Quote Originally Posted by bigthundermicky View Post
    I have two that I can think of off the top of my head. The first is regarding the debate about buying a week's worth of tickets or an AP. I am a DVC member and the first year my wife and I became members, we bought AP's because we scheduled our trip the following year ( we go twice a year now, thank god) one week earlier so we save money. It may be two seperate calendar years, but it's two weeks in the same 365 day period. Also upon the first AP renewal, they tack on an extra 3 months free.

The second is not so much of a "secret", but my wife and I love the somewhat secluded spot, the seating area behind Yak and Yeti counter service. It's next to the bathrooms and the queue for Kali River Rapids. There's a unique fountain, shade and also a drink/snack counter service, appropriately named: Yak and Yeti quality beverages. One of our favorite relaxing spots in all of WDW.
    I didn't know about this....I'll be looking for it next week!

bigthundermicky is offline C-Ticket Holder

Quote Originally Posted by love the mouse View Post
    I didn't know about this....I'll be looking for it next week!
    It's a great spot. I hope you enjoy it.

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post

Mike this is from almost 2 years ago but I have an update... The umbrella still exists, and it still shoots water... It is at the end of streets of America, if you turn left when facing Lights Motors... It is on the left side of the paths that leads you back to the Studio one shop and the Muppets... We saw it working in August, and then it actually was functioning in December when we were just there...
    "All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
    -Walt Disney

"Laughter is America's most important export"
    -Walt Disney

"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, your party from Saturn has arrived. Please give them a ring."

Please check out my blog... (Join up...! Everyone's Welcome...!) Find it on Facebook too...!
    http://tomorrowlandgazette.blogspot.com/

Page 85 of 85 FirstFirst ... 3575838485