Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Whats so great about Soarin' ? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; exactly, but i think most of it should be over disney. they could fly over castaway cay (disneys private island) and the cruise ships....
    broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    exactly, but i think most of it should be over disney. they could fly over castaway cay (disneys private island) and the cruise ships.
    Its a Small World after all.

wedlegacy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    First of all, the reason for the filming over California is because that is where Disney first introduced the ride. Second...and don't get me wrong....I am a native Floridian and will never live anywhere else...but as far as a hang gliding site, all we have is the beach. That's it. California has a variety of geographical topographies that are each so amazingly beautiful and unique, why not "fly" over it? And last, but most certainly not least, I am slightly less than annoyed with the attitudes of this thread from some of the Disney "fanatics". You can please some of the people all of the time and all of the people some of the time.....not everyone is going to enjoy every ride/movie/character etc. However, one should realize and appreciate the phenomalism Disney puts into ANYTHING and EVERYTHING they do, going above and beyond expectation each and every time. It takes a team of men and women (imagineers, cm's etc) to produce and continue just one man's dream. And that, my friend's, is what's so great...not just about Soarin'....but about everything that is honorable enough to bear the Walt Disney name.
    Tiffany

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    but on the maps doesnt it list it as a "thrill" ride. disney's meaning of "thrill" is something that can scare you.
    I am holding the map in my hand right now and it does not say thrill ride it says, and I quote:

"Feel the exhilarating rush of this free-flying hang gliding adventure".
    -Tommy-

how old is the map? because i'm also looking at one and it says "thrill"

JackSparrow7 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    im looking at the one that i just got 2 weeks ago
    -Tommy-

oh. im looking at one from almost a year ago. so they must of updated it.

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride2311 View Post
    [SIZE=4]
    p.s. i like Putty from seinfeld in the preshow
    hahaha that part made me so happy! it was genius.
    BellHopper:
    Isn't WDW just a people trap operated by a mouse?

D23 Charter Member

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    oh and i like 'soarin, i too had a fastpass on a crowded day, and whooo boy it would have stunk being in THAT line, i feel fastpass is vital to that ride, but i love the airport feel it has.
    Last edited by BellHopper; 08-29-2007 at 11:55 AM. Reason: spelling mistakes.
    BellHopper:
    Isn't WDW just a people trap operated by a mouse?

D23 Charter Member

stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I think soarin' was pretty thrilling for me. I was so afraid, seriously. My sister who loves thrill rides was also scared. I guess it depends on what thrills you. I think its an awesome ride just the way it is, and although I am scared I would do it again.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    I think they should go with a Soarin over America Theme, end up over the Statue of Liberty, Start DisneyLand, Grand canyon etc.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

Quote Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
    I think they should go with a Soarin over America Theme, end up over the Statue of Liberty, Start DisneyLand, Grand canyon etc.
    i dont think they should do that. ill stick with my comment earlier with going over florida and disney world. mainly disney.

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Well, I love this attraction!!! I first rode it in California Adventure and went on it about 3 times or more. They have a single rider line that is great if you don't mind being split up with the rest of your party or stand in line if you don't have fastpasses. The music is great and I love the smells and sounds of the whole film. The feeling of flying is great. I wouldn't necessarily categorize it as a thrill ride, but it's one of my favorite rides.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

i have to admit the music is very cool.

Carl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Love the whole thing - except the long line.

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by Disney05 View Post
    It's not a thrill ride. Being a pilot, it's the closest, and cheapest way to feel like you're flying.
    As an aside on that topic... have you ever been to Disney Quest and played that Sega Virtual Airline Pilot arcade game they have over there? Haha. Pretty fun stuff. There was a line of like 4 or 5 kids behind me waiting to play, so I eventually had to turn over the yoke to them, but I kind of felt like just snapping at them (jokingly of course) "Hey! Are you working on a rating? Yeah... didn't think so!"

Cheapest simulator time I've ever bought!

Back on topic of Soarin' though. It's probably my favorite attraction at EPCOT. And perhaps not a thrill in the sense of scare the pants of you thrilling, but it is certainly a sensory thrill. I have to be impressed by any sort of attraction or show that takes advantage of as many of your five senses as is possible (yes, even Stitch's Great Mistake, which in it's original form of Alien Encounter was THE epitome of a sensory thrill attraction). Soarin' appeals to your sense of feel with motion and the wind in your face, and your smell with the scents introduced into the fans that create the wind, and to sound with it's musical score and ambient sound effects, and of course... sight. No explanation needed for that one. The only thing they can't directly impact is taste, but even then, by introducing us to the smell of oranges during the ride, a familiar scent and favorite fruit to just about everyone, it is only natural that we begin to imagine the taste of oranges, even if we aren't actually tasting one. Not that many attractions can lay claim to appealing to all the senses like that, and for that reason I do consider Soarin' a sensory thrill ride. Sure, you barely move, and you aren't doing anything scary... but your brain is taken on a thrill ride, even if your body doesn't really go very far.

Oh, and I have ridden that ride a couple of times with folks who don't care much for heights, and I assure you... for someone with a fear of heights, Soarin' is one heck of a thrill ride!
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast