Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Whats so great about Soarin' ? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by Carl Love the whole thing - except the long line. Im with Carl on this one...
    paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Love the whole thing - except the long line.
    Im with Carl on this one

broncos271 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    only if we could control it.
    Its a Small World after all.

Granny is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    yea i guess. but whats so great abut it? you sit in a chair go up and watch a film. thats it.
    I guess you don't much care for Star Tours or Body Wars then? Or even Mission Space? Soarin' is a simulation ride, and quite a good one. If it bores you, so be it...different strokes for different folks and all that. You ask what is "great about it", and it is that it does what many great Disney rides do...it transports you to a different place altogether. It is what it is.

There are many attractions at WDW that I don't really care for that are very popular with others. Just because they don't do much for me doesn't make it hard to understand why they might be popular with others.
    Granny (Yep, I really am a guy)

star tours is awsome only because i love starwars. dont like body wars. and mission space is an actual thrill ride.

Dizisit is offline Magic-creating Disney Store CM, and Imagineer at heart...!!!
    I don't know how old you are " dude " , but I 'm 44 & 1/2 yrs. old & I 'll challenge you to a ride-off ALL DAY LONG on all of the " thrill rides " & I'll still love soarin'!!!!!!! I did Mission: Space 3 times in a row before there was a " green team " ( wussies! ) & RnRC & ToT just make me chukle!!! HAH! There, was that enough of a tirade for ya'? This year we rode Soarin' for the first time & LOVED it!! Like someone posted earlier, you just have to let yourself be immersed into it!
    Or... maybe not. Up to you.
    Question: How many Imagineers does it take to change a light bulb?
    Answer: Does it have to be a light bulb?

By the way, might you be angling for a talk-show host position with all the chum you slopped into the ocean on this one, my friend!!!?
    If not, you should be!!!

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    only if we could control it.
    That might make it more 'thrilling' but it would definitely be nausiating. The motion and the movie have to be very carefully synchronized or many people will get motion sick. I know a lot of folks have trouble watching the IMAX films in a regular theater b/c the visuals and motion don't match. Headaches and protein spills don't encourage repeat rides!
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    That might make it more 'thrilling' but it would definitely be nausiating. The motion and the movie have to be very carefully synchronized or many people will get motion sick. I know a lot of folks have trouble watching the IMAX films in a regular theater b/c the visuals and motion don't match. Headaches and protein spills don't encourage repeat rides!
    I think broncos may have meant if we could control the entire experience, being both the visuals and the motion... kind of like a full-motion simulator pilots train on, with the motion responding accordingly to the visuals. It would be more like a fully immersive video game if that was the case. And to be completely honest, if you have control over how you move, then I am willing to bet you would actually be less green around the gills than if you are just along for the ride.

But, how could you make that kind of thing work? You would have to have each person in their own capsule then, or else you would have to designate which one guest would do the "flying", which would leave a lot of people feeling left out.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

thats up to the imagineers to figure that out. it shouldnt b like rnrc but a little more thrilling.

and ive never thought about being a talk show host.

Sorry, I didn't mean to bust your chops so bad! I was just bein' silly!!!

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Oh...my gosh. Are you kidding??? LOSER! Hahaha just kidding. I really like this ride, just because it's a cool experience!
    RYAN

GoofTrooper is offline Come along and join the fun
    Can anyone explain what the new screens in the queue are supposed to do? I remember just shouting out trivia answers before, but what's the big difference now?
    Adam
    I see they're loading our navigator R2-D2 and then we'll be on our way. So sit back, relax and enjoy the flight...

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    I haven't had a chance to play around with them, but they appear to be video game type things that interact with the people in the queue. I saw one game that appeared to be a race of some sort where the person controlling the on-screen character had to lean one way or another in order to steer. There was another game that appeared to require clapping to achieve the objective. But like I said, I've only walked by them and haven't had a chance to play around with them yet, so I'm still not quite sure myself. They look fun, but I never had a gripe with the trivia questions they had before either.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

that sounds fun. gotta try it.

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I enjoyed it, but it's too short... another 20 or more seconds of zooming over the ocean would have been perfect...

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast