Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Whats so great about Soarin' ? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by disneydame2004 Broncos271, I think you have made it abundantly clear that you do not find the ride thrilling. Others have tried to share their enthusiasm with you, ...
    Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004 View Post
    Broncos271, I think you have made it abundantly clear that you do not find the ride thrilling. Others have tried to share their enthusiasm with you, but obviously they are not about to change your opinion. Continuing this discussion with that tone is pointless.

Like every attraction, it's not for everyone. The great thing about Walt Disney World is there is such a variety of attractions, no one has to feel they missed out because they don't like a certain type of ride.
    Well spoken, DD!

WDWHM9707 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have been on Soarin' a couple times. I do enjoy it but i will only do it with a fastpass. There is no way i would wait 60-70 minutes for it.

The thing that baffles me is while there is an hour wait for Soarin' one can practically walk on to Mission Space (which is a more intense and more thrilling attraction)

P.S. In terms of preshows Lt. Dan from Forest Gump tops Putty from Seinfeld

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    I guess some people get some sort of rush from it. I don't, but I like the ride. I wouldn't consider it a "thrill" ride through.

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    I Love soarin because it was a ride that my whole family was able to go on since there is 7 of us we would have to take turns staying with the 2 younger ones on any other ride but this one they met the Height requirements and werent that scared of being that high up off the ground so thats why i like Soarin !!!
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

Caribbean Lady is offline Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    Personally, I think Soarin' is fun enough to go on once, maybe twice a trip. It's not my favorite, but i think it's cool. The only thing is, my mom hates rides like that, so i have to go on with friends or by myself..

Basically, I don't think it's worth the insanely long lines - it's fun, but it's not worth the wait.
    tale as old as time...

It's official... I'm too far away from the Magic
    When you wish upon a star...

ScooterDisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    Im not sure I want to read this intire thread and have a bias one way or the other. The last time I was down there Soarin was open, but I didnt get to ride. I had to stay behind with younger kids who didnt want to ride. I will be down there Jan 7th for a week and this will be my first time to ride Soarin. Im looking forward to it. I guess I will see in little less than a month.

I Be loving me some Disney

Tinker Bell is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWHM9707 View Post
    I have been on Soarin' a couple times. I do enjoy it but i will only do it with a fastpass. There is no way i would wait 60-70 minutes for it.

The thing that baffles me is while there is an hour wait for Soarin' one can practically walk on to Mission Space (which is a more intense and more thrilling attraction)

P.S. In terms of preshows Lt. Dan from Forest Gump tops Putty from Seinfeld
    I completely agree with you! We didn't even ride it this last trip, went on it this summer and didn't really feel the need to even get FPs for it, instead used them on Test Track.

Oh and whenever we rode Mission Space (which was a lot and so much fun when you really get into it) we always saluted Lt Dan and hoped we made him proud.

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScooterDisney View Post
    Im not sure I want to read this intire thread and have a bias one way or the other. The last time I was down there Soarin was open, but I didnt get to ride. I had to stay behind with younger kids who didnt want to ride. I will be down there Jan 7th for a week and this will be my first time to ride Soarin. Im looking forward to it. I guess I will see in little less than a month.
    I think you'll enjoy it. Most people do. It's just a matter of how much they like it.

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I love this attraction so much. The music is - I think - my favorite aspect. Like so many previous posters said, it's a whole sensory immersion. It's cool, dark, relaxing and peaceful. And it smells great! I know many people wish they would have adapted it for Florida, but I have no problem with it being "Soarin' Over California." Just like the World Showcase, it's just showing a different part of the world.

Bronco, I'm sorry you weren't able to appreciate this ride, hopefully Epcot has enough other things for you to enjoy!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

Horizonschild is offline A-Ticket holder
    The ride is actually quite innovative. If you watch any Travel Channel shows about the imagineers and the "style" of the ride, there is nothing else like it. It is quite unique.

Soarin' over Florida would be lame...at least California has scenery. On that note, there is a disconnect with the ride and WDW. They should have implemented an east coast version for an east coast park.

HC

Belle1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Soarin' was brought to WDW as part of the 50th Anniversary celebration, just as the Stunts show was brought from Paris. There were many attractions that were *shared* during that celebration. That is why you have California in the movie, because the attraction originated in DCA. I am deathly afraid of flying, must medicate to do so, and I have a fear of heights and my first time on Soarin', I was green around the gills and not real happy, BUT it has become my very attraction at DCA and WDW because it is is such a wonderful, freeing feeling to be "soarin'"! If I can get over my fear of it, ANYONE can. I still am afraid of flying to and from vacation at the Parks, but I do it so I can soar!!! It is such a wonderful feeling with the air breezing by and the scents of nature filling every sense with a feeling of being there. Would I like to do it in real life? Heck, NO, you could not get me on a hang glider, but I love Disney's version!
    Belle1
    Last edited by Belle1; 01-03-2008 at 01:16 AM.

wdwfreek is offline A-Ticket holder

Question

Question: I get motion sickness on Star Wars and Body Wars. Is it the same concept just a bigger scale? Im going in April and REALLY want to try it, just not sure if I can chance it. It really stinks when I was younger I never got motion sickness. But after each one of my pregnancies it just got worse.
    Just call me "LA"

1 week every August 1972 1980 Ft. Wilderness Campground
    June 1984 - ?
    June 1987 - Ft. Wilderness Cabin
    April 1990 Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat) / Disney Inn
    March 1991 Marriott International Drive
    March 1992 Caribbean Beach
    March 1993 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1994 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1997 - Ft. Wilderness Lodge
    March 2002 Disney Cruise / Caribbean Beach
    November 2006 Disney Cruise
    Aprin 2008 Port Orleans French Quarter

Hunny Pot is offline A-Ticket holder
    I rode the ride, and the line was FOREVER long, but we luckily got a FastPass. But I don't really know. I mean the ride is pretty interesting, and exciting, but not as fun as most people would have excpected.
    Obsessed Harry Potter Fan
    Happy New Year!

AllieBee is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwfreek View Post
    Question: I get motion sickness on Star Wars and Body Wars. Is it the same concept just a bigger scale? Im going in April and REALLY want to try it, just not sure if I can chance it. It really stinks when I was younger I never got motion sickness. But after each one of my pregnancies it just got worse.

I cannot do Star Wars or any kind of motion simulation rides, they make me so ill. After riding Mission Space on my honeymoon I had to back to our hotel and lie down! But I haven't gotten the least bit ill on Soarin', and I've been on it many times. It's wide open, there's plenty of air in your face, and the motions are very gentle, no jerking around.

Not to say that you should definitely do it, but that was my experience, it's just heavenly!
    October, 2003 - Wilderness Lodge
    January, 2006 - Disney Magic
    January, 2007 - Windsor Hills Resort
    October, 2007 - Bonnet Creek Resort
    January, 2008 - Disney Magic
    January, 2010 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28-February 5, 2011 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 12-January 15, 2012 - Windsor Hills Resort
    January 28 -January 31, 2012 - Pop Century

Read my pre-trip report!
    http://www.wdwradio.com/forums/trip-...ip-report.html

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Soarin is a good ride, but by far not worth a wait longer than 30 minutes, IMHO

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast