Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Whats so great about Soarin' ? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by AllieBee I cannot do Star Wars or any kind of motion simulation rides, they make me so ill. After riding Mission Space on my honeymoon I had ...
    wdwfreek is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieBee View Post
    I cannot do Star Wars or any kind of motion simulation rides, they make me so ill. After riding Mission Space on my honeymoon I had to back to our hotel and lie down! But I haven't gotten the least bit ill on Soarin', and I've been on it many times. It's wide open, there's plenty of air in your face, and the motions are very gentle, no jerking around.

Not to say that you should definitely do it, but that was my experience, it's just heavenly!

Thank you so much. It’s encouraging to hear, I’m going to try it. I can’t wait now.
    Just call me "LA"

1 week every August 1972 – 1980 – Ft. Wilderness Campground
    June 1984 - ?
    June 1987 - Ft. Wilderness Cabin
    April 1990 – Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat) / Disney Inn
    March 1991 – Marriott International Drive
    March 1992 – Caribbean Beach
    March 1993 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1994 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1997 - Ft. Wilderness Lodge
    March 2002 – Disney Cruise / Caribbean Beach
    November 2006 – Disney Cruise
    Aprin 2008 – Port Orleans French Quarter

crussell54 is offline A-Ticket holder
    On our last two trips, we've done Soarin' three times - two waits of 70-plus minutes in that deceptively long queue and one Fastpass wait of almost 30 minutes. It's a cool ride if you're waiting 15 minutes, but a long wait sort of rips away any chance of seeing it through fresh eyes with that expectation of Disney wonder.

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by wdwfreek View Post
    Question: I get motion sickness on Star Wars and Body Wars. Is it the same concept just a bigger scale? I’m going in April and REALLY want to try it, just not sure if I can chance it. It really stinks when I was younger I never got motion sickness. But after each one of my pregnancies it just got worse.
    My wife gets sick on motion rides also. She can't even sit in the back seat of the car. Soarin' is one of her favorite rides at WDW. It has no effect on her but happiness and smiles. Go and enjoy the ride. You won't be sorry.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    I love Soarin' even though I am scared of heights, just make sure you get a fastpass, always.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    well my least favorite thing about Soarin' is the queue line
    while ive never waited in it, i would hate to wait in it . However I LOVE THE RIDE !!!!
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

wdwfreek is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    My wife gets sick on motion rides also. She can't even sit in the back seat of the car. Soarin' is one of her favorite rides at WDW. It has no effect on her but happiness and smiles. Go and enjoy the ride. You won't be sorry.

THANK YOU!! THANK YOU! SHE SOUNDS LIKE ME. From the sounds of it I should be fine.
    Just call me "LA"

1 week every August 1972 – 1980 – Ft. Wilderness Campground
    June 1984 - ?
    June 1987 - Ft. Wilderness Cabin
    April 1990 – Disney Cruise (Big Red Boat) / Disney Inn
    March 1991 – Marriott International Drive
    March 1992 – Caribbean Beach
    March 1993 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1994 - Ft. Wilderness Campground
    March 1997 - Ft. Wilderness Lodge
    March 2002 – Disney Cruise / Caribbean Beach
    November 2006 – Disney Cruise
    Aprin 2008 – Port Orleans French Quarter

aph
    aph is offline Fastpass Holder
    I like Soarin". I wwould only go on a fastpass and wouldn't wait over 60 minutes in line. My Wife doesn't like the ride at all, but at least my kids like it so I don't have to ride it alone.

rocknrollercfan is offline Fastpass Holder
    Waiting to leave WI and go to Disney World
    The last time I was at Epcot my family and I were getting ready to get in line for Soarin when this really nice guy gave us 4 fast pass tickets. I was so happy because I wasn't going to wait in line for over an hour.

I love Donald Duck

Ashley
    Walt Disney World

YachtPoly is offline Only Disney Could Do It
    Soarin' is WDW is not a thrill ride, and it's not meant to be. Soarin' is now a staple in The Land because of the Happiest Celebration on Earth in honor of Disneyland's 50th.. Soarin' is an experience like no other. If you're used to the thrill and roller coaster type sensation and don't have an open mind to this incredible attraction, then don't go on it..There's certainly hundreds of thousands of people that love this attraction because of the fact that it is not a thrill ride but it can produce a rush inside those who are sensitive to heights (although i'm not one of these people) I for one love thrill rides and absolutely love Soarin' for its beautiful scenic images and the amazing machinery that lifts its guests up in the air.. To those who say that it should have been WDW in the last scene, you must not know that this exact attraction comes from California Adventure. Soarin' is for those on the East to experience the West.. Thank you Epcot for a true classic in Soarin'!
    "You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

It's the truth. It's actual. Everything is satisfactual.

SlpngBeauty is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The words thrill ride only come to mind when there were sweeping maneuvers that made you feel like you were sort of "coming in for a landing" close to the ground or when it picked back up and made you feel like you were lifting off of the ground up above mountains and treetops. I personally loved it. But my 5yr old wouldn't have liked it! Also, my mother is a person who has a thing about heights and speed, and the way it makes you feel sometimes might be a little unsettling for some sensitive "passengers."
    ...I SHOULD be in bed right now...
    ...but I like deh cookie
    **SUPER BIG DISNEY FAN**

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    Honestly people whats so great about that ride? its listed as a thrill ride, but theres nothing thrilling to me. its nice if you want a place to sit but thats about it.
    Are you for real ?! This ride is great.
    -Zac

disney95 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Soarin is one of my favorite rides at WDW. I would have liked it more if they flew it over FL, but since the ride originnaly came from CA, i guess they figured they could save time and just show the one from CA. It really isn't a thrill ride, even though the lines are like ones! But, while you are waiting on line there are interactive games you can play. It is really cool!! I would get a fastpass though! You should definataley give it a try! You won't be sorry!
    July 20-27> POLYNESIAN!!

I CAN'T WAIT!!!

coasterfreak516 is offline Fastpass Holder
    To me, Soarin' is NOT a thrill ride but rather an experience. It is one of a few attractions that I'll go on regularly in Epcot since its opening in 2005.

WoL Fan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I love Soarin for the wonderful synergy between the music, the video and the ever so slight movement of the ride. It just fits together so perfectly that it makes for a great experience.

It's actually one of my very favorite pieces of Disney music, right up there with Reflections of Earth and the old descent music from Spaceship Earth.

Len

EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by broncos271 View Post
    Honestly people whats so great about that ride? its listed as a thrill ride, but theres nothing thrilling to me. its nice if you want a place to sit but thats about it.
    GASP! You speak of Blasphomy!Herasy!Engough presecution.What makes Soarin' so Thrilling and special.Well,because it is unique and special in its own way.It is truly a E-Ticket Classic Disney Ride that even Uncle Walt would be proud of.
    -EC1

If you can dream it, you can do it!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast