Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Whats so great about Soarin' ? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I think that it should be Soarin' over the World, and DCA should just get a new Soarin' over California film... they'd both fit in better. That said, I have ...
    Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Whats so great about Soarin' ?

I think that it should be Soarin' over the World, and DCA should just get a new Soarin' over California film... they'd both fit in better. That said, I have to say, I love this ride.

It is the ultimate dream come true flying experience...without flying. You can fly over some of the most beautiful places in the US in just a few minutes. And you're not just watching a movie. If you think this is just another movie, what is so wonderful about all of the 3D movies in WDW? You are taken up into the air in your own magical hang glider, and you discover all the beauty, the sights, and even the smells of California, while you are flying over it. You can't get the same feeling in a regular movie theater. Even IMAX theaters don't have smells and music like this ride does. People love Soarin' because it fulfills their dream of flying and discovering without any shield around them, or without looking out through a small plane window. They don't have to get a pilot's license, risk their lives on a hang glider, or even go to sleep. They can fly over one of the Country's most beautiful and diverse states without being there.

I waited over 1 1/2 hours in Line for Soarin', and I felt Every second of my waiting and every penny I spent going on my trip was worth those few minutes.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

starxcrossed is offline B-Ticket Holder

A Soarin' Over The World would be wonderful, especially for people like me who want to travel all over the world but it's always *something* that keeps me from being able to do so! While California is great, the smells, sights, it's just one state out of 50, and only one spot in the ENTIRE world! Imagine the possibilities they could do it they introduced different "flights" and things to experience!
    s a r a h *
    | April '07 - Caribbean Beach | July '07 - Saratoga Springs |
    | July '09 - Pop Century |August '11 - Animal Kingdom |

tasha36 is offline Dreaming....

Soarin' is the only ride I go on by myself. Andy is very afraid of heights, but I can't miss this ride. It's enough of a thrill for me, and I can't wait until Matthew is big enough to come with me!
    Tasha

1981 - Offsite
    1983 - Offsite
    1987 - Offsite
    1990 - Offsite
    1993 - Offsite
    2002 - All Star Movies
    2006 - Coronado Springs
    2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2013 - Port Orleans French Quarter
    2014 - Whole family trip! (Thanks Dad!)
    2015 - Three trips in a row?? Fingers crossed

Huntertwilliams is offline B-Ticket Holder

I love soarin!!! It is not really a thrill ride but it is awesome! But I do wish they would do something like soarin over florida for the Florida version.

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

Quote Originally Posted by Huntertwilliams View Post
    I love soarin!!! It is not really a thrill ride but it is awesome! But I do wish they would do something like soarin over florida for the Florida version.
    I would most certainly rather have California, not Florida. Yes, the movie is being shown in a Florida theme park, but Florida (in my oppinion please don't murder me) is much less interesting, beautiful and diverse than California. With California, you can go from Mountains to deserts to beaches and many other amazing places... all in one state. I think it should be California or the World....no florida for me.
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder

I absolutely LOVE Soarin'!! The music is beautiful and so are the views of California! Soarin' isn't really a thrill ride but it takes my breath away every single time!!
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

I like the fact that it's in California. After all it debuted in California Adventure and the real name of the ride is "Soarin' Over California". In case you haven't been to California Adventure, it is designed around the Spirit of California and all its regions/landmarks.
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

End007 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Oooh a fly over over Cinderella's castle at night would be gorgeous
    It is an epic ride
    End007

WDW4Ever is offline Annual Passholder

Is the term "California" ringing any bells?
    "If you can dream it you can do it."
    -Tom Fitzgerald
    D23 Charter Member

EllenKH is offline A-Ticket holder

Red face Re: Whats so great about Soarin' ?

Soarin' thrills me! Thrill doesn't always = scare! It's thrilling to me each and every time I sit there and my imagination combines with the Disney magic to make me feel like I'm truly parasailing over the beautiful landscape! I'm thrilled just sitting here anticipating my next time on Soarin'!

wdwkid32 is offline C-Ticket Holder

I agree but soarin is a great ride

DisneyGal04 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Same here! don't get me wrong, I enjoy the feeling of flying and all, but I'm with broncos on this one, whats so great about it?
    but I know a reason for me to not find it great; I got sick at the beach one year and when they put the smell of the ocean... well there is something about that it just smells bad too me

Jessica Lynn

Lover_of_Disney is offline A-Ticket holder

When I waited an hour and a half for Soarin' two years ago, it was a lot better than when we used fastpass this year. I was just so tired and weary from waiting in line, that when I got on the ride, I was blown away.

I think the thing that makes this the most popular ride at Epcot is that it's Walt's philosophy in that it's a ride that the whole family can enjoy together. At Test Track and Mission: SPACE, your five year old probably wouldn't like either of those, especially MS. But on Soarin' they will definitely enjoy that flying feeling. There are a few kids that hate heights and there is the height restriction, but I really think that it's more of a family thing than the other two headliners in Epcot. Everyone from the five year old grandchild to the 70 year old grandmother can enjoy this ride.
    A dream is *WISH* your heart makes, when you're fast asleep.

Going to Disney this June of '10!

`~`A true Disney princes!`~`

underthesea is offline C-Ticket Holder

yeah i have to agree with disney gal, Its a fun attraction but I don't think its all its hyped up to be
    "All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

WDWeveryOctober is offline A-Ticket holder

The smell of the orange trees

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast