Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Secrets of WDW Discuss Whats so great about Soarin' ? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I think a lot of Soarin's success comes from where you sit on the ride. This year was the first time I got a seat that wasn't in the "bottom ...
    VGL_Lynx is offline B-Ticket Holder

Re: Whats so great about Soarin' ?

I think a lot of Soarin's success comes from where you sit on the ride. This year was the first time I got a seat that wasn't in the "bottom row". If you are stuck in the bottom row, and clearly see feet above you and can still see the floor below, a lot of the illusion is lost.

I was stunned by how better the ride is the further "up" or forward you are on the ride. I have never ridden in the front or top row, can anyone speak to that? If you are in the front row, do you see the top of the screen and the ceiling and does that break the illusion?

You can request the CM's hold you so you can ride the next ride if you are stuck in the bottom row and you can get a better seat.

pranker51502 is offline Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by VGL_Lynx View Post
    I think a lot of Soarin's success comes from where you sit on the ride. This year was the first time I got a seat that wasn't in the "bottom row". If you are stuck in the bottom row, and clearly see feet above you and can still see the floor below, a lot of the illusion is lost.

I was stunned by how better the ride is the further "up" or forward you are on the ride. I have never ridden in the front or top row, can anyone speak to that? If you are in the front row, do you see the top of the screen and the ceiling and does that break the illusion?

You can request the CM's hold you so you can ride the next ride if you are stuck in the bottom row and you can get a better seat.
    I have sit pretty much everywhere there is to sit. The front (high) middle is (obviously) the best. No you can't see the ceiling as it bends over, kind of like the bottom but it's blocked by your "wing". It's AWESOME up there, the best seat in the house. If you look far enough to your left and right you can see some unscreened areas, but as far as just watching the movie it's fantastic, you see the glider next to you and to the left (or the right side) of them is more sky, it truly the best seat, and an incredible experience.You can even move your head around the screen and not see any unscreened area. I suggest waiting if you can next time, if you ask the CM they usually will hold you until they get to lining row 2 A, or however they do it, I kinda forget lol. I really recommened it though. I know my brother doesn't want to ride it unless we can ride it up there, so there's a little inclination of how it is. Haha.

EDIT: I just realize in your post you talked about the CM holding you, sorry, had a brain mess up there.

Annual Passholder: '06,'07,'08,'09,'10,'11

Spyne is offline Fastpass Holder

I think the true appeal for everyone (including me) about Soarin' is just the completely implemented feeling of really flying through the air. It just feels so diverse, you honestly forget you are riding an attraction at WDW. Also keep in mind, I'm afraid of heights, but this attraction doesn't activate that fear at all.

I know it's weird, but there I am stretching out my arm(s) at the environment feeling the "wind" coming at us. Plus, who doesn't love the orange grove scent? Soarin' is a wonderfully done attraction, and I really hope the rumors of it getting a new film (Soarin' around the World, anyone?) are true, because it will be even more amazing.
    Keep it cool, and keep moving forward!

Trips to Walt Disney World

1995: Port Orleans French Quarter - 2000: All-Star Music
    2008: Caribbean Beach - 2009: Pop Century
    NEXT TRIP: Sep/Oct 2011 - WDW's 40th Anniversary!

mrsdonaldduck is offline A-Ticket holder

making my cousins smile by showing them a golfball with a mickey-shaped spot on it at the end

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

I rode again this past December and did two things differently: I used the Fast Pass and sat on the top row. It was better than my first experience but I would never wait more than 30 minutes for this ride; it's not worth it to me.

bety is offline Disney World Beast

No ride is worth more than 30 minutes wait.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site

Quote Originally Posted by bety View Post
    No ride is worth more than 30 minutes wait.
    Some people will wait more than an hour to get on Soarin'! What a waste of time.

bety is offline Disney World Beast

Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    Some people will wait more than an hour to get on Soarin'! What a waste of time.
    I agree, that is a waste of time. I always go to Disney World during low-crowd times of year, and I fastpass anything with more than a 30 minute wait. It's just not worth it to wait that long when I can be doing something else instead.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

JNota0005DakMC is offline Annual Passholder

Soarin' is absolutely best seen from the middle, on the highest level... it is an amazing ride... it is calm but still makes you feel as though you ar flying... and this is coming from someone who rides everything that WDW, and pretty much any theme park has to offer... but you know what also makes you feel like your flying... the music... the music is amazing, and it is smooth just like the ride is...
    I was there in july 06 and at one point the line was literally 180 minutes long... imagine 3hrs. for any ride is ridiculous...

DandyDaddy is offline A-Ticket holder

The music and the smells make this. I agree though, not worth an extremely long wait (although the group game in the queue is pretty cool if it is working). My wife and daughter love Soarin' they try for three rides in a day- I enjoy it maybe twice a visit with Fast Pass.
    Let your hook be always cast. In the place where you least expect it will be a fish. -Ovid

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

The wait time is always insanely long. One time when we were there at Christmas, it was 300 minutes! Then the worst of the worst happened...It broke down. We felt bad for those people, but that wait time is just ridiculous. Anyway, Soarin is one of the best rides. The calming views. Also, I love California. Even living in Indiana, we go to California and it is amazing. Especially that Yosemite waterfall. We went to Yosemite and there was a drought so the waterfall wasn't a waterfall and the main falls were dried up. It became a joke. Anyway, Soarin is just a great ride and location does matter. Pick the top to get the best experience.

Monorail Orange is offline C-Ticket Holder

Soarin' is great because it is therapeutically relaxing. The scents, the sights, and the relaxing feel of flight. I think it is worth the wait up to 45 minutes, maybe 60. Definitely not 300! That's crazy!
    Monorail Orange

"Please stand clear of the doors. Por favor mantÚnganse alejado de las puertas."

2009 Walt Disney World Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Disneyland Half Marathon Finisher
    2009 Coast to Coast Challenge Medalist

Next Up: 2012 Walt Disney World Tower of Terror 10 Mile Race (with my wife!)

supernova is offline Premium Annual Passholder

Sometimes I barely smell the scents and wonder if they are even turned on or if the tanks are just empty.
    Really, Walt? Disneyland is MY land? Why would I want a silly little land when I can have the WORLD.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789