Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Stuck on Tower of Terror in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; When we went last summer we were just about to do our first drop on the tower when the music stopped and the lights went on. We were sitting there ...
    Ride2311 is offline A-Ticket holder

Stuck on Tower of Terror

When we went last summer we were just about to do our first drop on the tower when the music stopped and the lights went on. We were sitting there talk and wondering what was happening so i decided to call my mom back in PA and tell her. Then a guy on a speaker told us we would be doing the ride with the lights on. I left my mom on the phone during the ride and she said it was funny to hear my girlfriend scream so loud. when we got off the ride a worker said that if we wanted to go again with out waiting we should follow him. So we did and we rode on an employee only elevator that that takes you to the ride load area and we got on again with no wait. It was a cool experince. Any one else get stuck on a ride?

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've been stuck on rides and I've gotten stuck on elevators but I've never been stuck on an elevator ride!!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    When I rode Tower of Terror in June, the camera didn't take our picture, so I got to go up the express elevator with the other people from my elevator. A lot of people had already walked on through the gift shop, but anyone who had stopped to see their picture were standing there and a CM told us if we would follow her, we could ride again. I thought the ride up the express elevator was scarier than riding TOT, because I didn't know what to expect and we were standing. It ended up just being a normal elevator ride up one story.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Adamdawn is offline A-Ticket holder
    A few years back I went to MGM with my whole family, and was going to ride ToT for the first time, but I chickened out. *Note: I ended up riding it later in the day, after I saw that none of my family died or anything* So the CMs took my little sisters (who were probably 3 and 6 at the time) and I down the regular elevator to wait for our family at the ride's end.
    My poor little sister... thought we'd tricked her into riding a scary ride. She cried from the time she saw we were going into the elevator until the second we stepped off :-)

ghost1000 is offline A-Ticket holder
    We've gotten stuck on a number of rides, including TOT.

Let's see, we've gotten stuck on it's a small world, Skyway, Ellen's Energy Adventure, World of Motion, Buzz Lightyear, and Pooh. There may have been one or two more.

Ellen's Energy Adventure was the best. They had to come and walk all the guests off the attraction. We were walked out past the big dinosaur room, and the CMs let us pose with the dinos for about 10 minutes before they announced that they wouldn't start on repairs until all the guests were clear.
    ~*~*~*~*~*

--Rita

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Last year I got stuck on the Haunted Mansion ride, right infront of the ballroom scene! It was great to actually sit there for about 1 minute and to be able to observe everything that is going on in that room.

TinkerBell019 is offline A-Ticket holder
    this summer i got stuck on splash mt., right as your climbing your way to the top. it was thudering and raining so we had to sit there for ten minutes. my mom was flipping out so it was funny i've also been able to ride blsrs twice in a row because my grandfather uses the wheelchair car and the cm doesnt want to stop the ride again.
    Hannah

............All you need is trust ...
    ..... ...and a little bit of Pixie Dust!

TheTallCutie is offline A-Ticket holder
    I got stuck on a ferris wheel before and it was at the top talk about gross feeling!

tarynkelly is offline Waiting for Paris Mousemeet in Dec 2009!!!!! Woo Hoo
    Scurrying back to my closet before Debs catches me!!
    We have been stuck on small world, tower of terror and rock and roller coaster!

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    A couple of years ago, my family and I got stuck on ToT, right after the first stop. We were stuck up there for nearly 15 minutes (seemed like an eternity, with kids crying and all of that) before they finally decided to turn on the lights. Then, we were stuck for another 10 minutes, then they turned the lights off again and we sat there like that for about 5-10 minutes before the ride finally started back. When we got off, a CM offered to let us ride again, but we said that we had had enough for one day!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    This past trip my sister and I were stuck on the TTA and Splash Mountain. Also on Space Mountain the lights turned on halfway through the ride, but it did finish. In March of this year, my two friends and I were stuck on Test Track (in the ABS section) for about 25 minutes. That was significantly un-fun. We were also stopped on Buzz Lightyear for about 10 minutes. And I think darn near everyone's been on Spaceship Earth and/or Haunted Mansion when it stops for about 5 minutes, usually to let guests in wheelchairs on or off.

Never gotten to the point where they actually had to evacuate me off any attraction, however.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by mritty View Post
    Never gotten to the point where they actually had to evacuate me off any attraction, however.
    Same here, but as much of a disney nerd as I am, I actually wouldn't mind being evacuated from an attraction (as long as there is no extreme danger involved) just to see places you don't normaly get to see. But that's just me!
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

Sparrowni2010 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    My roommate works on Tower of Terror....it's the safest ride in all 4 parks, but also breaks down the most...not for technical problems, but for losers who like to pretend their seatbelt is buckled when it really isn't....believe it or not, there are cameras in the elevators and they will see when someone removes the seatbelt...then they stop the ride.

fungus_01 is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparrowni2010 View Post
    My roommate works on Tower of Terror....it's the safest ride in all 4 parks, but also breaks down the most...not for technical problems, but for losers who like to pretend their seatbelt is buckled when it really isn't....believe it or not, there are cameras in the elevators and they will see when someone removes the seatbelt...then they stop the ride.
    That's a very interesting piece of information. Thanks for sharing!

*2006 Off site*2007 Pop*2008 Off site*2009 Pop/POR*2010 June Pop*Oct Pop*Dec Pop*2011 Dec CB Pirate Room*2012 Nov Disney Dream*Dec Pop*2013 Feb Pop*March The Swan*​Dec Pop*2014 Oct Disney Fantasy

GraysMom is offline A-Ticket holder
    DH and I got stuck in the HM once. Unfortunately it was super hot and humid outside that day so we were sweaty, and we ended up stuck directly under an AC vent going full blast. We were total popsicles until we got out of there. The other bad part was that we were right next to the casket, so we spent 5 minutes or so listening to the lid bang shut.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast