Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss hm new opening date in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; sorry to bring bad news but when i was on the elavator on my way to work there was a sing that stated that the hm will be open on ...
    the_cm is offline A-Ticket holder

Unhappy hm new opening date

sorry to bring bad news but when i was on the elavator on my way to work there was a sing that stated that the hm will be open on the 20 with cm preview on the 16 and 18 of sept sorry for the bad news

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    That doesn't sound like much of a change from what was reported on the passholder site back in late July/early August:

Quote Originally Posted by Passholder Site
    On select days in September, Passholders can enjoy priority access to this enhanced classic attraction.
    Passholder Priority Access:
    September 14, 9:00 AM - Noon
    September 15, 9:00 AM - Noon
    September 16, 9:00 AM - Noon
    Additional Information
    All Guests seeking priority access to The Haunted Mansion attraction must show valid Pass and photo ID.
    Dates and availability subject to chance without notice.
    If the CM preview is the 16th-18th with the attaction opening on the 20th that seems to still fit.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

tizzo is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    That doesn't sound like much of a change from what was reported on the passholder site back in late July/early August:

If the CM preview is the 16th-18th with the attaction opening on the 20th that seems to still fit.

It had been my understanding that the attraction was supposed to reopen on the 14, and that the passholder priority access was like a FP where passholders would get to skip the line. I had been asking around (and maybe complaining a little bit) on the net about why the passholder access was only til noon, since I don't ever get to the park that early. The reason I was given by someone who seemed to be knowledgeable (but who I couldn't really identify as any kind of insider) was that the ride would be open during that time.

Anyway, original poster, do you have any information on whether this change (if it is in fact a change) might possibly affect the passholder access event so that we could get in later in the day? Thanks.

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    wat are they doing to the haunted mansion??

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by tawnilai View Post
    wat are they doing to the haunted mansion??
    Disney Insider: Main Attraction
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    I saw the same sign too. I'm just assuming that everything's still running as normal and will open on time, but not enough time for a CM preview, SO the CM preview will be a little bit after the grand opening rather than changing the opening date around and other passholder opening dates. That's just what I think, I could be wrong, but I'm sure we'll find out soon what's going on with mansion.

I have not heard what they are doing to the hm they like to keep us in the dark you might whant to look on the internet

Quote Originally Posted by tizzo View Post
    It had been my understanding that the attraction was supposed to reopen on the 14, and that the passholder priority access was like a FP where passholders would get to skip the line. I had been asking around (and maybe complaining a little bit) on the net about why the passholder access was only til noon, since I don't ever get to the park that early. The reason I was given by someone who seemed to be knowledgeable (but who I couldn't really identify as any kind of insider) was that the ride would be open during that time.

Anyway, original poster, do you have any information on whether this change (if it is in fact a change) might possibly affect the passholder access event so that we could get in later in the day? Thanks.
    I dont think so the cm preview is from 7-9 pm