Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Secrets of WDW Discuss so awesome in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; This comes up a lot in other posts... there's a lot of people out there who think a Villain theme park would be fun, but you wonder if Disney would ...
    Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    This comes up a lot in other posts... there's a lot of people out there who think a Villain theme park would be fun, but you wonder if Disney would ever dedicate a whole park to it, especially if smaller children would shy away from it..

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    This comes up a lot in other posts... there's a lot of people out there who think a Villain theme park would be fun, but you wonder if Disney would ever dedicate a whole park to it, especially if smaller children would shy away from it..
    My assumption is that smaller children already have pretty much all of MK and a good chunk of the other parks for them, this new park is Disney's answer to Universal's Islands of Adventure to target familes who used to have 'smaller children' that happen to grow up to become thrill seeking teens and young adults.

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    The Villian Park could have the redeeming quality of each attraction showing the VIllian getting defeated or foiled by a hero. Even better some themes could have guests take part in defeating the villian especially the shows etc. A little extra themeing and suddenly it's a villians park whre the good guys always come out on top.
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    and besides kids shy away from epcot. i know that a lot of people love villains and are sometimes their fav characters. the park could be based on the villains point of view and how they see things. so you could have classic rides changed around so u can see it the way villains see it. like on peter pan it could all be from hooks point of view and how horrible peter pan fed his han to the croc for " no reason " and how he is chased daily by this huge croc... and a villain themed parade would br cool too

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The most important thing of all would of course be: 'will the park make money'... if it's a MK clone with Villains as the focal point, is it worth the millions and millions to build it? I think it may be, if only for the fact that people would start planning Disney trips who haven't been in a while, just to see the new park... I picture Disney going in a whole new direction with their next park, though, one that we haven't considered..

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him

wow

that idea about seeing the stories in the villians eyes sounds awesome, but what thrill rides could they have??
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight

tawnilai is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by buccool View Post
    that idea about seeing the stories in the villians eyes sounds awesome, but what thrill rides could they have??
    hmm good question im sure that disney could think of one. i dunno anyone have any concepts

"Dream Dare Belive Do"- Walt Disney

jillmo1474 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Jtrain, Universal does have a Halloween celebration. Though ti is on a TOTALLY different level a s Disney's. It is actually not suited for young children, it is geared towards teens or older. It is VERY scary .You can goggle it if you'd like. (halloween horror nights).

Universal is geared alittle more towards teens and older anyway

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    My assumption is that smaller children already have pretty much all of MK and a good chunk of the other parks for them, this new park is Disney's answer to Universal's Islands of Adventure to target families who used to have 'smaller children' that happen to grow up to become thrill seeking teens and young adults.
    WDW is a theme park; not an amusement park or a thrill park. It has a few thrilling rides, but it is still a theme park. Why would a company(Disney) change what's working for them, to become something they are not, just because another company is producing a product that they (Disney) don't make? Building a thrill park doesn't fit into the scope of the company. If they build a villain's park, I would expect it to be a theme park, and I don't know that it would be a true competitor for a thrill park.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12