Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Unused Days On Hopper Passes???? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; My friend gave me 4 Hopper Plus passes from August, 2003. They were 5 day passes and all have 1 day left. They have NO photos or names on them. ...
    born2crooz is offline A-Ticket holder

Unused Days On Hopper Passes????

My friend gave me 4 Hopper Plus passes from August, 2003. They were 5 day passes and all have 1 day left.

They have NO photos or names on them.

Can I use them or will I need to show ID??

If yes, what about the kids? Should I try just those?

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I say try it!! They'll have no way of identifying you!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    The unused days will still be valid for park admission
    Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    Since the old Park Hoppers do not have the biometric scan encoded on the pass like the AP/PAP and new MYW tickets, definitely give it a try.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

yes, you can use them. We did the same thing December 2003 and didn't have any problem...no questions asked.

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    While technically illegal and against the rules, you should have no problem using them. Just don't mention to the CMs that they're not yours

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    Everybody is correct. The passes are good for anybody to use. The old Hopper Passes can not be linked to individuals and can be used by anybody.

The new tickets will make it impossible for adults to share tickets. With the new finger scanning and signature requirements, adults can only use their own ticket. Children's passes can still be shared as they do not need to sign or scan their fingers.

One of the main reasons Disney went to the finger scanners was to stop the secondary market that would buy unused passes from guests at a fraction of the cost and then resell them to others at less than full price. This is illegal to do in Florida (state law), but it is perfectly legal to do anywhere else.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

>> This is illegal to do in Florida (state law), but it is perfectly legal to do anywhere else.<<

Actually, if you've done it somewhere else, it's still illegal to use the ticket again in Florida...

born2crooz is offline A-Ticket holder
    Thanks for all of the quick answers. I feel better now.

Another question:

I have a total of 5 passes, only 4 of them have 1 day left, one is used up. Where can I go to see which one is dead? I'm going to have to make up something like "my niece/nephew was with us last time and used all of his days, but I don't know which one is hers/his".

I really don't want to do it at the gate but rather outside the park.

Any thoughts near the Magic Kingdom? How about Disney Marketplace? Do any of the shops there have access to info like that?

I don't want to have a hassle at the gate and be denied the use of all of them.

DisneyonaDime is offline Moderator
    You can have them checked at Guest Services outside the park entrance or at any Disney Resort Front Desk.
    Chris
    Co-author of "Disney on a Dime"- now for sale !!!! Get our new book, plus some extra free goodies when you buy from our site-
    www.DisneyonaDime.com
    Find daily and weekly tips, updates, and now- our book.
    "You can drop a grand in Disney World like that!"- Frank Costanza

Though if you're sure they're all good but one, just put them through at the turnstile. When one doesn't work, just put it in your pocket (or something to keep it separate) and use another one... There is a Guest Services at Downtown Disney that can check the passes in addition to those listed above. (for the record, you can not check them via phone or at a Disney Store.)