Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Favorite Disney Resort in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I think the three monorail locations are the best. I have stayed in Contemporary and Polynesian of the three. Convenience, high level of service and they are just flat out ...
    IndyWDWFan is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think the three monorail locations are the best. I have stayed in Contemporary and Polynesian of the three. Convenience, high level of service and they are just flat out nice.

When finances don't permit, which they usually dont, I like Port Orleans Riverside.
    1979 - Contemporary
    2001 - Polynesian
    2004 - Off Site
    2005 - Off Site
    2006 - All Star Movies/Contemporary
    2007 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2010 - Pop Century

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    That's a tough one. Yach Club has my favorite pool and Polynesian has my favorite lobby.
    -Zac

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)
    Best Views: Contemporary
    Best Location: Boardwalk
    Best rooms: Saratoga Springs
    Best recreation: Boardwalk
    Best Transportation: Deluxe: Contemporary
    Moderate: POFQ/POR
    Value: Pop Century
    Best Pool: Wilderness Lodge
    Best Lobby: Wilderness Lodge or Polysnesian
    Best Food Court: POFQ/All-Star
    Best sit-down dining options: Boardwalk

I think that's all the categories I can think of right now.
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Favorite Resort

I absolutely love The Yacht Club. I love the location, the pools, the staff, the restaraunt and the feeling you get when you walk into the lobby.
    If you have children and or want to go on a budget, the All Star Resorts are perfect! The food court is really convenient to grab something on the go, or sit and eat real quick. There is a big selection of foods and drinks. The pools, especially the Fantasia pool are really cool.
    One day I'd like to stay at the Poly and eventually at all of them!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

ArnyVee is offline A-Ticket holder
    Best Views: Boardwalk (Boardwalk View)
    Best Location: Beach Club
    Best rooms: Old Key West Villas (Huge! )
    Best recreation: Boardwalk
    Best Transportation: Deluxe: Beach Club (walk to Epcot, ferry to Studios takes the cake)
    Moderate: N/A
    Value: All Star Movies
    Best Pool: Beach Club (Stormalong Bay)
    Best Lobby: Wilderness Lodge or Polynesian (Ditto for me here)
    Best Food Court: N/A
    Best sit-down dining options: Beach/Yacht Club (Cape May Cafe/Yachtsman Steakhouse)

Top Places I want to try:
    -Animal Kingdom Lodge
    -Pop Century
    -Beach Club
    -Fort Wilderness

And ArnyVee, I see we agree on a lot of things....I think Beach Club and Boardwalk are one in the same as far as transportation goes...both of them have the same options and a similar feel...I am hoping to stay on that side of the lagoon soon!

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    The Polynesian has the best atmosphere of any of the resorts I've seen.. I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else... plus, it has the perfect location.. on the monorail to MK, and it's a mere minute walk over to the T&T station to pick up ANY bus to ANYWHERE, as well as the EPCOT monorail!

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

To add to this list....I just stayed at Saratoga Springs this past week...and I have to say that the hotel overall is very nice - lots to do, conveniently across from Downtown Disney, and the rooms are fantastic!

The biggest downside: Only bus transportation, and for a deluxe resort, you could spend the same amount of money and stay on a monorail or the Boardwalk or Beach Club. If you put SS on a monorail or something, this would be an easy favorite for many, many people!

*My Visits*

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    I love the Contemporary and the Polynesian!!! My wife and I are also big fans of the Caribean Beach Resort.
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My favorites that Ive stayed at arPOFQ, I justlove the themeing and it seems easy to get to and from the parks. Polynesian I love the smells.And fort Wilderness because Im nostalgic we would always stay there in the 80s and now weve stayed a few times at the cabins the only prob is the buses,they take soo long to get back to your cabin.

2kydisneyfans is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We love Old Key West Resort. It has a very nice relaxing atmosphere.

markysheep is offline Fastpass Holder
    unfortunatly i have only been the once and that was to PORS, which was so relaxing, enjoying a walk past the mansions. And if we ever cba with the parks we took the boat to downtown disney.
    i am going caribean resort this time though, what are your thoughts on the resort?
    Scar: Oh, Zazu, do lighten up. Sing something with a little bounce in it.
    Zazu: [singing] It's a small world after all...
    Scar: NO! No, *anything* but that!

DoomBuggy is offline A-Ticket holder
    Being a vet student it's no surprise that my favorite one is the animal kingdom lodge. You can't beat having wild animals in your "backyard". Plus it's always been a dream of mine to visit Africa and this is the closest I can get for now.

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Ive stayed at Contemporary ('84) and then a couple times at the Disney Inn (now shades of green) Dixie Landings ('97) Caribbean Beach (2001) PO-riverside (2004) and this year Poly. I remember a little about the Contemporary, like the game room and breakfast with the characters. the Disney Inn was my fave when I was going up. Dixie landings/PORS is by far my fave now for atmosphere and all around enjoyment. the caribbean beach was by far my least fave. The room that we were in was worn and needed some tlc. The restaurant and food court was nice as was the gift shop but the room was showing its age and use. Can hardly wait to experience the Poly. I have been there before for the luau show but have never stayed.

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by markysheep View Post
    i am going caribean resort this time though, what are your thoughts on the resort?
    We tried to stay at Caribbean Beach in December 2007. Our room smelled very bad, like someone had dumbed a bucket of water in there, smoked a few cigarettes, and then closed it up for 15 years. It was very musty. Our second room smelled the same, except with air freshener added on top of it all. We left and stayed at Coronado Springs, and we loved it.
    No one else that I know has ever complained about smells at Caribbean beach, so maybe this was an isolated incident, but I probably won't stay there again.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast