Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Best time of Year to Go in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; We are going in two weeks....this will be the first time my 17 year old son will be there around the holidays....oops...he will turn 18 while we are there...and we ...
    DznyDreaming is offline A-Ticket holder
    We are going in two weeks....this will be the first time my 17 year old son will be there around the holidays....oops...he will turn 18 while we are there...and we will be going to MVMCP on his birthday....that should be fun! We are hoping that most of the Christmas decorations will be up.
    Our favorite time to go has been around Halloween.

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I think it depends on what the individual likes., but for me, we've always gone the 2nd week of November, and the crowds have been always light and almost no lines, (and we walked into the AK Safari and the waits have always been no longer then 20mins). The weather is always nice (No Rain) and comfortable in the mid 70's.

For the record we just got back last Friday (10/28) after spending 8 days there, and it was horrible. (I will never go in October again) It was 88 - mid 90's every day, rained almost every day, and long lines everywhere we went, food court at Pop Century was very frustraiting, the lines were so long to pay, that the food was always cold. Everytime I was in line, people were confused about the dining plan and holding up the line. I spent 35 mins in line at MK to pay for 2 waters, and there was only 2 people in front of me. Same thing happened at Studios paying for an Ice Cream. I'm not sure if the people working the carts have any training.

I investigated for months checking all the usual sites to see if anything was happening during the time we were going and found nothing, then 1/2 way into our trip something called ABA Nationals were going on, and brought ALOT of people.

I'll stick to Moderate resorts in November!
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    We are going in January '08. anybody been at that time of the year? Can you give me a weather report?
    Just saw this thread ...

I'm also going Jan '08 - maybe we'll bump into each other! I was last there in January in 2005 - and the weather was unseasonally perfect! Morning was 65ish, high was 80ish or upper 70s, sunny, and crowds were manageable esp. early and late - I think I got to do everything I wanted to, and then some.

See ya there!

(I did New Years Eve '88 / New Years Day '89 - Never again. Talk about sardines!!!)

Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder

nye

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    (I did New Years Eve '88 / New Years Day '89 - Never again. Talk about sardines!!!)
    new years is really that bad that youd never go again??......what does everyone think of new years eve. I''m going the week before upto and including new years day and the 2nd of jan.
    In a world of my own.......

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocketeer View Post
    Just saw this thread ...

I'm also going Jan '08 - maybe we'll bump into each other! I was last there in January in 2005 - and the weather was unseasonally perfect! Morning was 65ish, high was 80ish or upper 70s, sunny, and crowds were manageable esp. early and late - I think I got to do everything I wanted to, and then some.

See ya there!

You don't look like your picture, do you? If you do, it will be easy to find you.
    I hope we get weather like you described for our trips. What dates are you going? We are going 1/26-2/2 2008. Can't wait. Haven't been since October 2005. It seems to me that the crowds may be getting worse in October because of Epcot Food & Wine Festival. At least that is what some threads are saying. Here in Tennessee, more and more school systems are having a Fall break. Most breaks are occuring the first two weeks of October. This could be affecting crowd numbers somewhat. Anybody else getting Fall breaks?
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

BrotherHuet is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have been in January twice, march once, august a bunch of times, and september. I do have to say the lines are always best in January as you would imagine but the weather is really unpredictable. Freezing, or warm its a total craps shoot. September is usually pretty awesome and it is usually really good weather.

I do have to say though, that when you are there in August and it is so full of life and so full of energy it is really awesome. And the parks are open late etc. I dont mind the crowds usually. It adds to the scenary I think
    August 1983 Contemporary (Just one year old!)
    August 1986 Contemporary
    August 1987 Contemporary
    August 1988 Contemporary
    August 1989 Polynesian
    August 1990 Contemporary
    August 1991 Contemporary
    August 1992 Polynesian
    August 1993 Polynesian
    August 1995 All Star Sports/Polynesian
    August 1996 All Star Music/Polynesian
    January 1998 Polynesian
    March 2000 All Star Music (Senior class trip)
    July/August 2003 Off Property
    September 2006 All Star Music
    January 2007 Pop Century
    October 2009 Disneyland-Alpine Inn (off property)
    November 2010 Pop Century
    June 2012 Disneyland - Grand Californian
    November 2014 - Wilderness Lodge

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrissy&Tayen View Post
    oh gosh anytime is a great time to be in the world.. !

but i would say it sounds like the time to go is after thanksgiving but before xmas..
    I agree. I've been during that time frame twice and loved it. You can enjoy the gorgeous holiday decorations without enduring the holiday crowds.

I also enjoy going in February, but that's probably because I live in Chicago, and by February, I'm ready for a break for the Chicago winter..

wdwforever is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I've have been to Disney World a lot you could say. This year will be my 3rd time going in the middle of December. The decorations are great this time of year. The crowds aren't bad at all. The weather can be a little chilly though, especially if it is windy. In early May the weather is mild and a bit cool, in the mornings and nights, for Florida. And the parks are not crowded at all. The longest line was maybe 20 min. I have also been in the middle of February and the weather is pretty mild. Again cool nights and mornings. Layering is a must. During the summer it is very crowded and very hot and humid.

Babby58 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    I've only been there in July and early October. We are going in 12 days!! I've been trying to read everything I can about what to pack- layers seems to be the answer.
    Piglet Rules!!

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    Late March is great. The crowds are down and the weather is nice. Shorts and T-shirts in the day and Jeans and light long sleeve shirt at night.
    -Zac

Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i went this past new years....i totally agree with the sardines comment......COMPLETELY glad that i got to experience it though. The countdown is fabulous at EPCOT, but all day long, u have to be at the park as early as possible so u can actually get in, as they close at capactity. I thought i would have the whole day to explore the park and do everything i havent done and relax a bit....i was WRONG!!!...we spent more time pushing through crowds and looking at the extremely lengthy lines than actually enjoyoing the park. we picked a spot on the lagoon 4 hours ahead of time, and took turns getting up to see the parties and get food or use the restrooms. I dont know if i'd do it all the time...but you definitely have to do it at least once just to see what its like for yourself. biggest new years party ever.
    In a world of my own.......

LordQx4 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    hey all. I am going to Disney World on May 14th and would like to know what to expect reguarding lines, crowds, weather, etc. Any information would be very helpful.
    Disney Stock Holder, D23 Member, DVC Member, AP Holder

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    October Was the best time i thought i went there 2 years in a row both in the beginning of October and the Weather was great lines and crowds were low and it was during the food and wine festival and Mickeys halloween party so lots of fun !
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

bety is offline Disney World Beast
    I just went this past December, during the second week, and it was perfect! the weather was great and there were no crowds and all the Christmas stuff was so awesome! I'll probably always go at that time of year.
    July 1994- off site
    February 1999- Port Orleans Riverside
    March 2000- Caribbean Beach
    January 2004- off site
    February 2006- Pop Century
    April 2006- off site
    January 2007- Pop Century
    December 2007- Coronado Springs
    December 2008- Pop Century
    December 2009- Coronado Springs/All Star Sports
    Next trip: December 2010- All Star Music

mikelynn91 is offline A-Ticket holder

September!

We're from Georgia and we get a fall break in September. The crowds are very reasonable and we get right on everything we like! The bonus is that Disney has offered free dining plans for September for the last three years. Talk about spoiled! Small crowds, warm/hot weather, and FREE food!

All the best Disney days to you!
    mikelynn91

2003 - Fort Wilderness
    2005 - All Star Movies
    2006 - All Star Music
    2007 - Pop Century
    2008 - Port Orleans Riverside
    2009 - All Star Movies

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast