Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Best time of Year to Go in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; hey, i was just wondering what everyone thinks is the BEST time of the year to get down to disney world! weatherwise, decorations wise, crowd wise, etc!...
    SkellingtonGRL is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Best time of Year to Go

hey, i was just wondering what everyone thinks is the BEST time of the year to get down to disney world! weatherwise, decorations wise, crowd wise, etc!
    where dreams come true

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    oh gosh anytime is a great time to be in the world.. !

but i would say it sounds like the time to go is after thanksgiving but before xmas..
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

nicki12 is offline Disney Fan and Twilighter
    If you are a student late summer is a good time to go, but early december is as well. Check out Walt Disney World - A Complete Guide to Walt Disney World, there you can find what are the best times to go.

Nicole a.k.a. nicki12 ~ a Navy daughter
    Huge fan of the Twilight Series!
    "All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them" - Walt Disney

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We are going in January '08. anybody been at that time of the year? Can you give me a weather report?

elphaba is offline E-Ticket Holder
    My favorite time is right before the value season starts in April. NO ONE is there!
    RYAN

FigmentMushu is offline Chuck & Leigh
    If your biggest concern is the lines, the best time to go is Janurary, April or September.

Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Ive been there in early january....and im from jersey so during that time i come from the cold. I went there with like longer shorts, past the knees...and i was freeeeezing in the mornings, but it warmed during the afternoons to a crisp fall weather. its really the perfect weather if you are dressed correectly....LAYER your clothing!
    In a world of my own.......

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Jackets and sweat shirts in mornings and at night; shorts and shirts during the day. I can't wait to go. I've only been in October and have wanted to take a winter vacation for a long time. Thanks for the tips!
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

GoofyGuy is offline D-Ticket Holder
    We only make it down once a year, and this will be # 7
    We always try to go the last week of October or the 1st week of November. This year we are going a week early. The crowds are not bad at all, and the most I've ever waited for any ride was 15 to 20 mins if that, most we just walk right in.
    The weather is always beautiful mid 70's to low 80's during the day, and mid to upper 60's at night. and in all the time weve gone down there it's only rained twice
    so we took in a movie at Pleasure Island, and the only other time was while we were in the Great Movie Ride, we came out and everyting was soaked around us, but the sun was back out again and hot, so we missed it.

(keeping my fingers crossed for next week)

Ricky B
    February 1997 - Off Property
    October 1999 - Off Property
    November 2000 - Off Property
    November 2001 - All Star Music
    November 2002 - All Star Music
    November 2003 - All Star Movies
    November 2005 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    October 2007 - Pop Century Classic Years
    November 2008 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2010 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2012 - Port Orleans / French Quarter
    November 2013 - All Star Music

Cinderella2 is offline Thrilled to know there are others who sparkle!
    I definitely think early October is the best time to go. No lines, and the MNSSHP! Plus, Food and Wine.
    We are going next in February though, so I hope it is just as great.
    Dreams Really Do Come True

toaddisney is offline A-Ticket holder
    im going the week befor christmast, but one of the times i went was in the middle of the summer, i was a kid but i remember the lines that time being super long, peak of season i geus.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    It totally depends on what you're looking for (i.e. good weather, short lines, best events, etc.).

My favorite time of year to go was always this week (Columbus Day Week). The crowds are light, the weather is a little cooler, Food & Wine Festival going on at Epcot... just a nice time to go. Early spring is also great but it can be down right cold. The best events however usually bring heavier crowds.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Veritas is offline Real Men Dig the Mouse
    If you can, right after labor day is a good time to go. The weatehr is sill very warm, crowds are less, travel is easier
    Veri S&B LLC WHAFTFCOL

SITTM, No Retreat, No Surrender!

Our Highly Trained Experts Are Always Prepared To "Assist" You.

RuddyWDW is offline Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Late Jan, early Feb is usually when I go. Nice a warm during the day but not too hot, small queues and often cheaper.

Ruddy

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by RuddyWDW View Post
    Late Jan, early Feb is usually when I go. Nice a warm during the day but not too hot, small queues and often cheaper.
    Hah! Proof I'm used to living in the south... I think you're nuts to say it's warm during the day in Jan/Feb. We went in Dec, Jan, Feb, Mar and April the year we had passes and we were wearing sweatshirts and jeans and gloves and hats each time. LOL!!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast