Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Special Events/HOLIDAYS in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hey!...i was wondering if maybe some of you disney lovers would post pictures/reviews/tips of their vacations during like halloween, christmas, epcot thing, new years, etc.!!!! im going to be in ...
    Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder

Special Events/HOLIDAYS

Hey!...i was wondering if maybe some of you disney lovers would post pictures/reviews/tips of their vacations during like halloween, christmas, epcot thing, new years, etc.!!!! im going to be in disney world from the 28th of dec. thru the 2nnd of jan..and its my first time there during a special event with decorations! Also i believe im going to mnsshp in the coming year. THANKS!!!!
    In a world of my own.......

skiyalater is offline Almost time for school!
    that's awesome.
    I went last year the week after Christmas. it was great, but BE PREPARED FOR HUGE CROWDS!!!! You might not get to do all the rides and everything that you want to do because the lines will be so long. We saw the line for soarin at 325 minutes. yes, 325 minutes.
    I've also been for halloween before and that was fun. in 2004 I went and the red sox won the world series the day we flew down. We got to see David Ortiz, Curt Shilling, and Pedro Martinez in a special parade. It was AWESOME!!!!
    Well, I hope you have a great time!
    "Por favor mantaganse alejado de las puertas"
    GO RED SOX!!!!
    Some people say I'm A.D.D., but I HEY LOOK A SQUIRREL!!!!!

Chrissy&Tayen is offline counting down to my vacation
    i'm going to the halloween party soon and i will post pics when i get back
    All Star Sports July 2006
    All Star Movies October 2007
    Coronado Spring February 2010
    Pop Century October 2010
    All Star Movies September 2011
    Pop Century September 2012
    Chrissy

aurora&goofy is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My boyfriend and i went opening night for MNSSHP (Mickey's not so scary halloween party) and it POURED. It rained so bad that everything but the first parade and fireworks were cancelled. The bright side was they gave us vouchers to come back, so we did and it was AWESOME! There are characters everywhere, ones that you don't usually see on a regular visit to the park. For the party you can dress up and trick-or-treat at various locations. Most of the rides are open and the lines at most are 20 minutes. The headless horseman leads the parade, that was really neat.

Some advice if you go to MNSSHP or MVMCP (Mickey's very merry Christmas party). They start letting the party-goers in early around 4:30ish. So get your wristband and hit all the rides that you want and at 7 when the party starts, start doing the things for the event.

EPCOT is nice during christmas time, and i've never had any problems w/ that park being overly crowded. MGM has the Osborne family of lights spectacle. It's included in your park admission to MGM.

And just a lil side bit, if you ever want to do something free for the Christmas holiday...hotel hop and look at the hotel's decorations.

hope this gave you some ideas!
    and

SkellingtonGRL is offline A-Ticket holder
    halloweeeeen!!!! its awesome
    where dreams come true

cskiff7895 is offline Fastpass Holder
    i agree with aurora about christmas time, hotel hop. the grand floridian has a life size ginger bread house in the lobby that doubles as a candy store, they usually start seting up the christmas decorations right after halloween is over. The AK lodge has a little african village made completely of candy in their lobby as well.

thanks everyone!..i def plan on hotel hopping the first day i arrive. we're driving down from jersey cause its a fun ride, so our first day is a settle in day. we plan to see the ginger bread house and maybe buy some! also we wanted to go to animal kingdom lodge and the wilderness lodge. We're eating at the california grill for the fireworks the first night too.....as for the lines, well my dad and i have handicaps from injuries/surgeries so we have an all access handicap fastpass so lines dont matter so much. it turns out our misfortunes of falling off the roof(shattered ankle/foot) and shredding an ACL (soccer injury) have helped our disney luck!
    i'll def love to see everyones pics...and i will post up mine after i go!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderland16 View Post
    thanks everyone!..i def plan on hotel hopping the first day i arrive. we're driving down from jersey cause its a fun ride, so our first day is a settle in day. we plan to see the ginger bread house and maybe buy some! also we wanted to go to animal kingdom lodge and the wilderness lodge. We're eating at the california grill for the fireworks the first night too.....as for the lines, well my dad and i have handicaps from injuries/surgeries so we have an all access handicap fastpass so lines dont matter so much. it turns out our misfortunes of falling off the roof(shattered ankle/foot) and shredding an ACL (soccer injury) have helped our disney luck!
    i'll def love to see everyones pics...and i will post up mine after i go!!!

yikes! well i hope ya'll heal from those injuries. I'll try uploading some pictures for you from MNSSHP
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    and

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    I love Epcot at X-mas time!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

aurora and goofy.....Sweet PIC! haha...i like the mickey pumpkin in the 2nd garden setup in the back!...thanks again!

wonderful pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh i love it! i am definitely excited about going there hopefully this year!......was that the only day it rained? i dnot mind when it rains because i happen to like the smell of being inside the disney poncho! lol

sept 14th, for the passholder night.

i don't mind the rain either, i love the rain (i'm a hurricane kid) but man. it was ok being drinched to the skin and it was kinda funny too cuz everyone was huddled and we were the few die-hards running around. but over by the people mover it flooded up to our ankles and that was what really did us in. for the rest of the night we sloshed.

i'll agree tho, ponchos are like pool rafts...everyone loves the smell

well i hope you make it to MNSSHP, if not, then hopefully u'll make it to MVMCP
    and