Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Who is your favorite character to interact with?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Character Interaction in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I have a few character interactions. In 2001, my then-BF and I went to WDW and I wanted to get my pic taken with some of the characters, so we ...
    minniesmh is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I have a few character interactions.
    In 2001, my then-BF and I went to WDW and I wanted to get my pic taken with some of the characters, so we got in line for the villains and I had to curtsy for the Queen of Hearts, but I hadn't done it properly so she showed me how to do it and I had to curtsy at least 5 times before I could stand beside her (and of course I also had to kiss her hand as well). That same day we were watching the afternoon parade and I had asked the CM if we were in a good spot, she told us it was the best spot on the route. No surprise there!! I got a massive bear hug from Baloo, and Chip and Dale came over and Dale gave me a kiss and hug and was hamming it up with my BF. All of the characters were waving and blowing kisses to us. It was fantastic!
    This past December we were there with our DD who was just going to be turning 2 and all of the characters we went to gave her a big kiss and also wished her a happy birthday (her birthday was two weeks after we got home). DD loved meeting all of them. I saw Baloo again (this time in AK) and he wouldn't let me go until I kissed him on the nose.
    minniesmh

Tinkgirl is offline Thanks for the Memories :3
    At my first time at Disney. We were leaving and then we see Max and Goofy walking up the parking lot and soon as they came close to me I stuck my hand out and Goofy and Max High-5 me!

Also my mother has a bad back so she uses a wheelchair when she gets tired well stitch (since he thought that my mom was handicap), ran out of his Meet and Greet and gave my mom a big, wet, loud kiss and huged her.

I also wanna push Buzz Lightyears red button.
    and Calling Captain Hook a Codfish.
    Last edited by Tinkgirl; 06-05-2008 at 09:54 PM.
    TinkGirl
    2007-2009
    I may come back full swing one day, foolish mortals, maybe one day.

First Timer is offline I saw the Mouse now I want to go back!
    My son had his first interacts with Chip and Dale it was the funniest thing
    Loni

First Trip- Jan. 07, POFQ
    Second Trip- May 08, Pop Century

luv2ride801 is offline E-Ticket Holder
    When I was younger, we went to the Stars and Motorcars parade. And I was sitting on the ground, and my parents were standing behind me, so when Darth Vader came by (I was a HUGE Star Wars freak back then) My dad waved to Vader, and pointed at me. Then Vader walked toward me while pointing at me, until he got over to me. I was so freaked out, but it was so cool!

Also, my friends little sister told Rafiki that he was her favorite character, so he danced around the room for her.

But I assume that you tell any character that their your favorite, and they will all react in a similar matter.

Spodie is offline Fastpass Holder
    My favortie character interaction was with Mulan and Mushu - they're so funny together! When we were waiting in line, Mulan gave one boy a kiss on his cheek and everyone in the line clapped, but he thought it was gross and tried to wipe it off . When we met them, Mushu proposed to my sister and Mulan then told him all of the reasons that he couldn't get married ("Mushu, if you went home with them, where would you LIVE?"). It was so funny!
    ~Ashleigh

kentgurgie is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My son and I last trip were wearing our mouse ears and stich stole mine and acted like he blew his nose in it

Flanagan is offline E-Ticket Holder
    Last time I went to a character breakfast, Goofy was walking around high fiving everyone and signing autographs. I noticed that one of the chairs at my table was sticking out in the aisle a little bit, so I moved it in. Well, Goofy must have seen me do that, because he walked by our table and tripped over the chair! He got up, pointed at me accusingly, and put the chair back. When he walked away, he tripped over the chair again and pointed at me! It was hilarious!

Now reach under your seat and pull out those 3D glasses...

Just kidding, this isn't a 3D presentation.

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Funny stuff! When we were at the Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner he was hanging over a balcony messing with someone's hair who had their back to him. He is a funny one to interact with!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    These are some great tips. I hope I'll remember them when I go next month.
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder
    My story is from when I was in Disneyland but when I was coming back from the bathroom with my mom and cousin Cruella de vil (spelling?) was walking toward us. It was more like strutting so when she was near us I started walking like her. After we passed each other she turned around and said "there is only room for one diva here" and I said "and that's me" and I then I started walking back to join the rest of my family and that was it.
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

Maleficent25 is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Two Stories

My favorite character interaction happened when I was about 7 years old. At the time my family lived in California and it was our first visit to Disneyland. I was a huge fan of Sleeping Beauty and so excited to see her castle and possibly meet her. One day we were walking up main street and she was meeting with children by the hot dog place. I was so excited! I ran over, but she didn't see me and started to head back to the cast room. I cried. I just stood and silently cried. I guess one of my parents went after her and before I knew it there she was, giving me the biggest princess hug! My parents took pictures and I was so stunned I couldn't talk. It was great. Unfortunately, the pictures were ruined years ago, but I still remember my encounter with Aurora.

The second story involved my younger sister. We were visiting EPCOT center and Mulan had just come out. As with all tweens, my sister was suffering from a self esteem problem. She was down and sitting in the alley in the Chinese Pavillion. I was browsing the stores. Before I knew it, Mulan was sitting next to my sister! She was having a converstaion with her, asking her how she felt and telling her how pretty she was. It really brightened my sister's day. I took a picture of them being chatty and to this day, Beth holds a special place in her heart for Mulan.
    Well, quite a glittering assemblage King Stefan. Royalty, nobility, the gentry, and...oh, how quaint - even the rabble.

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hey peeps,
    I'm going to FL and visiting the MK for one day in August. One of the characters I want to meet is Jack Sparrow. Has anyone met him?
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

Mickey Fan is offline B-Ticket Holder
    We met Captain Jack at the Pirate & Princess Party this past April. He was awesome! My son had a pirate medallion around his neck & Captain Jack asked him all about it. He posed for pictures with me & my sister & then posed for some with my son. Great fun!

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    I love Stitch...he tries to eat me.
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    During the Dreams Come True parade, Grumpy sits on the right side of the float (if you're looking at it from the front) and does the whole "point to the eyes, point to the crowd" thing... As he did this, my husband watched, waiting for him to point to him. He then, in return, pointed to his hat and shirt which were both Grumpy. Grumpy in turn gave him a thumbs up instead of the "I'm watching you" thing.

People often miss the opportunity to interact with the parade characters. It was a great moment for him. He's a 37 year old kid.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast