Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Who is your favorite character to interact with?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Character Interaction in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Probably because Roger Rabbit was no longer a hot property. The standee was there for several years before it was removed....
    elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Probably because Roger Rabbit was no longer a hot property. The standee was there for several years before it was removed.

WDWFan08 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    These are good stories to read. I work for Disney, so I see things from a CM's perspective and not from the Guests' point of view most of the time. Just a few pointers to make the most of your trip memorable when it comes to characters:

For Meet & Greets:
    1.) When it gets closer to your turn, have your camera ready (that means power on/flash on - whatever) and/or your autograph book opened to a blank page and your pen ready.
    2.) Do not hit the characters! It doesn't feel good to them, even if Guests think it's funny (especially the men, no offense).
    3.) Remind kids to be gentle with the characters. They have feelings, too you know!
    4.) Try to keep the number of pictures to a minimum (unless there isn't much of a line). 2 or 3 at the most.
    5.) Avoid food/beverages when meeting a character, since they cannot have those in the photo (this is an absolute must in meet & greets, and with alcoholic beverages) and the risk of getting it on their outfits.
    6.) Have fun!

Dining:
    1.) Same as the first one: Have your cameras, pens, and your autograph books ready! The characters have a lot of people to see and have a time limit.
    2.) A lot of times, characters cannot have their photos taken with other characters (very rarely is that allowed). This is because if one family sees it, everyone else is going to want to do the same thing, and that slows the whole thing down. If you want photos of characters together, find them in meet & greets (Chip & Dale in Town Square or the Hat at Studios and Mickey & Minnie at Judge's Tent in MK).
    3.) Don't hold alcoholic beverages in the photos and/or move them out of the way so they do not appear in the photo. If a character points to the drink and makes a gesture to put it some place else, please do so. They are not asking for a drink, they want you to move it out of the way.
    4.) Stay at your table! Attendants and characters have had situations where Guests missed the character because they weren't at their table when the character was coming around (unless you're getting your food, okay, but the character won't come around again until next time). If you're not there, you will have to wait until the next round.
    5.) Have fun!

I hope that helps for those of y'all who want to try to make the most of character meet and greets/dining. When an attendant says a line is closed, it is closed (for a reason)! Characters are not allowed to hold children (as in carry them in their arms, the child's feet must be on the ground unless the parent is holding them), so don't try. Anyway, feel free to ask me questions about characters and whatnot. I'll answer questions best to my ability.

P.S. Liberty Tree Tavern is no longer a character dining place. Don't ask me why.
    --
    Sarah

What will YOU celebrate?

Check out my recent photos in my photo album!

Shutterfly Website: http://amateurphotography.shutterfly.com/

dsnyqwn1 is offline Fastpass Holder
    I remember my first trip to the World (April 1984) and the three little pigs were on main street. Well they came up to my mom and I and got between my mom and I and two of the pig had my mom in a mom sandwich with two of the pigs as bread. I was only four at the time and very scared that they were hurting my mom so I start yelling at them to let her go. They finally let my mom go and one of them turned to my mom and said in a very quiet voice that they were sorry.

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    My favorite character to interact with is Mary Poppins. We were at Cinderella's Royal Table in may of 2008 and when Mary Poppins came to us, she talked to us and she asked us if we got to Disney by chalk drawing or umbrella. It made me laugh, Jasmine sometimes asks you if you flew on a magic carpet too.
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

LivLuvsTink is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Another thing too is when i went to Cinderella's Royal table with my friend when i was really young is that i remember Peter pan walked across the railing like a tightrope walker to entertain me and my friend. it was REALLY funny.
    Last edited by LivLuvsTink; 01-18-2009 at 03:02 PM.
    I hope we never lose sight of one thing,
    that it was all started by a mouse.

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by WDWFan08 View Post
    These are good stories to read. I work for Disney, so I see things from a CM's perspective and not from the Guests' point of view most of the time. Just a few pointers to make the most of your trip memorable when it comes to characters:

For Meet & Greets:
    1.) When it gets closer to your turn, have your camera ready (that means power on/flash on - whatever) and/or your autograph book opened to a blank page and your pen ready.
    2.) Do not hit the characters! It doesn't feel good to them, even if Guests think it's funny (especially the men, no offense).
    3.) Remind kids to be gentle with the characters. They have feelings, too you know!
    4.) Try to keep the number of pictures to a minimum (unless there isn't much of a line). 2 or 3 at the most.
    5.) Avoid food/beverages when meeting a character, since they cannot have those in the photo (this is an absolute must in meet & greets, and with alcoholic beverages) and the risk of getting it on their outfits.
    6.) Have fun!

Dining:
    1.) Same as the first one: Have your cameras, pens, and your autograph books ready! The characters have a lot of people to see and have a time limit.
    2.) A lot of times, characters cannot have their photos taken with other characters (very rarely is that allowed). This is because if one family sees it, everyone else is going to want to do the same thing, and that slows the whole thing down. If you want photos of characters together, find them in meet & greets (Chip & Dale in Town Square or the Hat at Studios and Mickey & Minnie at Judge's Tent in MK).
    3.) Don't hold alcoholic beverages in the photos and/or move them out of the way so they do not appear in the photo. If a character points to the drink and makes a gesture to put it some place else, please do so. They are not asking for a drink, they want you to move it out of the way.
    4.) Stay at your table! Attendants and characters have had situations where Guests missed the character because they weren't at their table when the character was coming around (unless you're getting your food, okay, but the character won't come around again until next time). If you're not there, you will have to wait until the next round.
    5.) Have fun!

I hope that helps for those of y'all who want to try to make the most of character meet and greets/dining. When an attendant says a line is closed, it is closed (for a reason)! Characters are not allowed to hold children (as in carry them in their arms, the child's feet must be on the ground unless the parent is holding them), so don't try. Anyway, feel free to ask me questions about characters and whatnot. I'll answer questions best to my ability.

P.S. Liberty Tree Tavern is no longer a character dining place. Don't ask me why.
    If only everyone would follow this list. It would make my job so much easier (and more enjoyable for everyone).
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

KevinZ is offline B-Ticket Holder
    What about Chip and Dale??? I voted for Pluto, but Chip and Dale are my favorite(s).
    Kevin

WDWRadio Cruise : Deck 8 is great!
    "Almost there!"
    "Keep moving forward!"

Disneyfan80 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Minnesota 1,604.97 miles farther then I want to be!
    In 2006 outside of Animal Kingdom, We were in line to see launchpad and this boy infront of us was wearing a stitch hat, and launchpad got freaked out and ran tords the trees and bushes and honest to god did a full dive into the brush it was soo hilarious and then when he got up he was shaking and hiding behind a tree until the boy took off the stitch hat.

elvistelth is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Quote Originally Posted by Disneyfan80 View Post
    In 2006 outside of Animal Kingdom, We were in line to see launchpad and this boy infront of us was wearing a stitch hat, and launchpad got freaked out and ran tords the trees and bushes and honest to god did a full dive into the brush it was soo hilarious and then when he got up he was shaking and hiding behind a tree until the boy took off the stitch hat.

What is launchpad?

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!
    Quote Originally Posted by elvistelth View Post
    What is launchpad?
    Launchpad is from Duck Tales, and other Disney channel cartoons.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Oh. Thanks.

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    awesome tip!!!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

Hypermommy is offline Fastpass Holder
    I voted for Lilo and Stitch, but it's really Stitch I like to play with. He can be so deliciously naughty and fun! Tigger would be an absolutely close second because of his attitude and outlook... and bounciness!!!!
    Hypermommy

markysheep is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Character Interaction

i think i would change my vote to snow white, i remembered how i asked for a kiss on the lips, and she did it, was so cute
    Scar: Oh, Zazu, do lighten up. Sing something with a little bounce in it.
    Zazu: [singing] It's a small world after all...
    Scar: NO! No, *anything* but that!

WDW-Dreamer is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Character Interaction

There are so many characters I love and character greeting is one of my favorite things to do at WDW. Usually I wait in every character queue , but to be honest, Chip and Dale are my boys. I love both so much. They are so cute, funny and kind. I really adore these chipmunks. Unfortunately they are missing in the list, so I voted for Tigger. I really love him too. Hes so active and always good humored. Go on Tigger
    Vanessa

...find the dream inside of you and always let your conscience be your guide...
    take the dream with you where ever you may go

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast