Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Who is your favorite character to interact with?

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Character Interaction in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I have always loved the way Minnie interacts with my two boys. For some reason, my older son really took to her when he was about 3, hugging her, ignoring ...
    NorweJenNY is offline Fastpass Holder

Re: Character Interaction

I have always loved the way Minnie interacts with my two boys.

For some reason, my older son really took to her when he was about 3, hugging her, ignoring the others, and not letting go... and she let him!

When my younger son turned 2, we were in one of those private photo sessions with Mickey, Goofy, and Minnie, and as a 2 year old, he just wanted to roll on the floor... so Minnie got down on the floor and rolled around with him!

Minnie also gave really sweet Eskimo kisses to my older son when he was 4. Always have great pictures with her!

Though, as for my own interactions... I've enjoyed interacting most with Chip & Dale... though hubby wasn't too happy with Dale's flirting when we were on our honeymoon!
    Jenny

April 1996 - Off Property
    December 2001-January 2002 - Honeymoon - CBR
    April 2003 - Off Property
    July 2004 - OKW
    July 2006 - Off Property
    August 2007 - POP
    May 2008 - OKW
    June 2008 - SSR
    July 2009 - POR & WL
    September/October 2009 - ASMo

Next Trip - December 2009 - POFQ & VWL

Disney2000 is offline Fastpass Holder

I love how all the times I met minnie, she was so happy and gave hugs and kisses and was very friendly to everyone. I also loved how at character dinners, goofy always made a silly action towards our table when he walked by. I also remember my dad had a University of Pittsburgh Shirt on, and Chip pointed to the shirt and made a heart sign hehe
    The Golden age never was the present age… but with human liberty we can fulfill the promise and meaning of America. To everyone a chance. To all people, regardless of their birth the right to live, to work, to be themselves, and to become whatever their visions can combine to make them. This is the promise of America...And I foresee the American adventure to continue for a long, long time!
    ~The American Adventure, EPCOT Center

Are you 23? I am!

M&M's is offline A-Ticket holder

I voted for Tigger, because I always love telling him the corniest joke: "Sorry Tigger, I'd love to stay and chat, but I've gotta bounce!" I always get the crossed arms and headshake from that one.

But if Chip & Dale were on the list, I would have voted for them. I was wearing my Red Sox hat as usual, and one of them insinuated they were NOT a Red Sox fan and proceeded to take my hat, put it on the ground, and "stomp" on it. The other (I forget which one was the hater) then picked up the hat, put it on his ear, and posed for the pictures like that. It was a great time!
    Me & my beautiful daughter!
    3 Trips as a yoot w/the Fam (Years ??); June '98 - HS Graduation - AS Sport; May '05 - Honeymoon! - CBR
    Sept '06 - (Late) 1 Yr. Anniversary - POP; October '08 - 1st Family Trip! - AKV

Chloebell is offline A-Ticket holder

Say "TTFN" to Tigger as you're leaving
    Chloe
    England

I LOVE , , , , , and .

I'm ADDICTED to my and

kellyeti is offline A-Ticket holder

I had a half-interaction with Pain and Panic...i say half as i just fell into fits of laughter!
    I had pink fluffy Mickey ears on and was sat on the sidewalk for the parade. They started pointing at my ears and all of a sudden - they took them and threw along the row of people on the sidewalk!

Oh and last time in the Liberty Tree Tavern, Chip ate my dinner roll.... i spent the rest of the day wondering where it went!! :-))))

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

I just got back from WDW, and had some great interactions:
    1. I was at DHS, and met all 3 Bolt characters. I was wearing my Bolt t-shirt, and Bolt loved it! He also got really excited when he saw the back (there is a saying from the movie on it) and pointed it out to Rhino.

2. I had a great conversation about dresses with Tink at the MK

3. At the GG, I discussed the dinner/dessert with Dale. He even got down on one knee and drew a heart with his hands.

There are more, but this is a good start.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

J&J
    J&J is offline E-Ticket Holder

ours was with minnie she was so funny tickle my husband
    then again chip was having fun with our teenage grandaughter he was looking for her boyfriend who was not there. had to be there it was funny.
    J&J

neverland23 is offline C-Ticket Holder

First of all no offense to WDW at all, but the characters in Disneyland have been, in my experience, more interactive. Disneyland also has more characters roaming the park and more of the secondary characters are walking around. In my 2005 trip to Disneyland for the 50th Celabration, the Mad Hatter was walking in the hub towards me, but my back was to him so I had no idea he was coming up behind me. The back of my shirt read the words "fantasy" car wash; the Mad Hatter saw this and said, "My dear, if you work in fantasyland why are you out here? You can't very well do your job out of fantasyland!" So he lead my family past the Matterhorn and to the right side of Fantasyland right to the Mr. Toad's Wild Ride" car. We had a great time talk with him and got a picture with him sitting inside the car!

Bottom line Characters make Disney magical!!
    Kati
    91'offsite, 92'Caribbean Beach, 93'Caribbean Beach, 94'Beach Club, 96'Boardwalk, 97' Disneyland Hotel, 98'Beach Club , 00'Caribbean Beach, 02'Animal Kingdom Lodge, 04'Wilderness Lodge, 05'Grand Californian, 06'Beach Club, 07'Saratoga Springs, 08' Beach Club

D23 Charter Member

Drink up me hearties, yo ho!
    Next trip ~ July 19 - 26 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

I don't have many stories cause I have this really stupid fear of the characters (Never knew why thou...) but I do have fun with the ones that you can see there faces (princesse, pirates, ect)

I went to MNSSHP as I also do with my family like 2 years ago and I dressed up, again like I always do, as Sally from Nightmare Before Christmas. Well we just got off of Pirates and Jack Sparrow was out there. He walked over and started to wave his gun around. And asked me what would I do if he was to "shoot" me. I told him "I'm dead it would not do anything" He then looked over at my brother and asked " what if I were to shoot him?" I told him "I would not care, thats only my brother" (didn't really mean it, DUH). He had the best answer... He walked over to me and put the gun to my head and said "well lets try you first then", Mom took out the camera and I have a picture of Captain Jack Sparrow holding a gun to my head while I'm dressed as Sally. Best, and one of the only, character experince of my life. Hopefully so far. I WILL GET OVER MY STUPID FEAR!!!
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

toyz33 is offline A-Ticket holder

One of our best character interactions had to be with Baloo. When we took our oldest daughter on her first trip to WDW a few years ago we took her to get her picture with taken Baloo. When it was our turn Baloo decided to take my daughters hand and started to walk off with her. The CM with Baloo followed Baloo and was trying to convince him to return our daughter to us. THe best part was we were able to capture it all on film.

jtrain75 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Just got back from WDW and my daughter had probably the funniest interaction I have ever seen. She met Cpt. Hook and Smee and said to Cpt. Hook, "Hey you old codfish, there's a crocadile behind you!" He threw his arms up in a state of panic and jumped on a barrel that was in front of him, looking around for the crocadile. My little 5 year old had the entire line cracking up!
    visit my website!!

1997- Honeymoon at the Yacht Club
    1999- Disney Cruise & Caribbean Beach Resort (lost 2 days in the park due to Hurricane Floyd)
    2004- Yacht Club & daughter's first visit to WDW
    2005- All Star Movies
    2006- All Star Sports
    2007- All Star Sports
    2008- USF Royal Pacific Resort and All Star Music
    2009- Beach Club
    2010- USF Royal Pacific Resort and Beach
    2011- Wilderness Lodge
    Club

DHI
    DHI is offline C-Ticket Holder

hahah those are all really great!!!
    Wishin' I was in the World

What will you CELEBRATE!

joanna71985 is offline Friend of the Disney Characters!!

Ok, I feel like I am going crazy with this thread. I keep seeing that new posts were added, but when I go into the thread there are none.
    Many as a kid (1986-1998)Aug 1998- Port OrleansMarch 2003- Jr Band Trip (offsite)Aug 2003- Port OrleansJan 12-Aug 5, 2005- CP (CS)Jan 1-5, 2006- AS Sports (solo)May 24, 2006-Jan 5, 2007- CP (CS)Jan 31-Feb 3, 2007- offsite (solo)March 1-3, 2007- Dad+ Me (offsite)May 16-Aug 10, 2007- CP (CS) Aug 10-12, 2007- GF/P&PMay 21- Aug 15, 2008- CP (PC)Aug 15-18, 2008- AKL!!Mar 25-29, 2009 (offsite)Aug 10, 2009-Jan 2, 2010- CP (CS)Jan 3-May 14, 2010- CP (CS)Feb 12-16, 2012: DCL DreamOct 20-27, 2012: DCL Fantasy (Eastern)Sept 8-12, 2013: DCL Dream Jan 20-24, 2014: DCL Magic Dec 3-6, 2014: DCL Wonder (for now)

CP #1: 1/12/05-8/5/05: MK merchandise and parades
    CP #2: 5/24/06 to 1/5/07: character attendant!!
    CP #3: 5/16/07-8/10/07: Epcot WS Custodial/seasonal CA
    CP #4: 5/21/08-7/5/08: Casey's (QSFB); 7/6/08-8/15/08: character attendant
    CP #5: 8/10/09-1/2/10: Toy Story Mania attractions
    CP #6: 1/3/10-5/14/10: Great Movie Ride attractions
    FT: 5/16/10~
    Montclair State Campus Rep- Fall 2007, Spring 2008, Fall 2008, Spring 2009

Minniegirl1995 is offline E-Ticket Holder

Wow, my favorite character is Minnie, but favorie characters to interact with are Hook and Smee. (I voted for Donld on the list because we always sing the Mickey Mouse song...plus we always used to go there for the marathon and ask donald if he was going to win!!! He would shake his head and put a #1 in the autograph book!) We have done the tick-tock thing to Hook and it was hilarious!! He ran behind someone and then shook his hook at the people who were saying it. Although the best thing was a little joke between my family that we told them. I have a lot of disney beanies and I loved Peter Pan when I was younger (still do now!!). I have a Hook, Smee, Pan, and Crocodile beanie. We used to make tons of stories with those beanies. The best story was that Smee wanted to start his own business, so he started AT & Smee. It became a running gag in our stories. One time, we went up to Hook and Smee and explained the story. He looked at Hook and put his arms on his shoulders like, I'm better than you. Hook shook his hook at him. It was so funny!! they played off each other so well!!

Pirate_Goofy is offline A-Ticket holder

I love Goofy's interactions. I have this hat. It looks like a first-mate's hat (Pirates) with Goofy ears that are pierced. (Hence Pirate_Goofy.) Whenever I get a pic with Goofy while wearing that hat, he'll play with the ears, or we'll both hold them out like airplane wings, etc. It's really fun.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast