Your Walt Disney World Information Station

Poll: Who is your favorite character to interact with?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Secrets of WDW Discuss Character Interaction in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I know if you take a pic with the queen of Hearts, she usually covers your face...
    mrsdonaldduck is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Character Interaction

I know if you take a pic with the queen of Hearts, she usually covers your face

mrsdonaldduck is offline A-Ticket holder

My fav is eeyore. he always took my sippy cup and drank them. I was younger

Go Ask Alice is offline D-Ticket Holder

Haha I like to meet pooh. He's always so poooh-ish.
    Not going to Disney World any time soon...

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Well now that I got over my stupid fear and have been with characters, I can say that Tigger was awesome cause he was fooling around the whole time, even stole my pen and ran out of the building.
    But Mary Poppin' was the best because I spell "Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious" and made her happy. ^_^
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

mickeyfan7 is offline A-Ticket holder

During my first visit to WDW my family and I had lunch at Cinderella's Castle, I was about 12 at the time and I asked Cinderella "where is Prince Charming?" She responded"Oh, He's out back feeding he horses" lol On my last trip I had breakfast at 1900 Park Fare, I have very spikey hair and when the Mad Hatter came up to my table he screamed "Ahh!! A hedgehog!"haha He kept going on and on about me being the next hedgehog and to watch out for the Queen..

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible"
    "The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing" Walt Disney

DopeyDancer87 is offline Disney Obsessed Since 1988 :-)

It was my friend's first trip to Disney and she got extremely excited to meet all the characters. When we met Lilo & Stitch, she began rambling on and on about how much she loved his movie. After awhile, Stitch grabbed a spray bottle full of water and began spraying her (like you would do to a bad dog). It was hysterical! Not sure if Stitch always has one handy, but this was too funny!
    "It's kind of fun to do the impossible." - Walt Disney

"Adults are just grown up kids, anyway." -Walt Disney

(((Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas )))

*My Visits*
    1988 - Polynesian Resort*1991- Port Orleans*1992- Port Orleans*1994- Wilderness Lodge*1995- Caribbean Beach*1997- Boardwalk*1998- Old Key West*1999- All- Star Movies*2000- Wilderness Lodge*2000- Caribbean Beach*2001- Wilderness Lodge*2001- Port Orleans Riverside*2001- Coronado Springs*2002 - Boardwalk*2003 - Contemporary*2003 - Caribbean Beach*2003 - All Star Sports & Music*2004- Grand Californian (DL)*2004 - Boardwalk*2005 - Boardwalk*2006 - Wilderness Lodge*2007- Boardwalk*2007 - Wilderness Lodge*2008 - Saratoga Springs*2009 - Off Site*2011 - Bay Lake Tower/Boardwalk Villas*February, 2012 - POFQ

arielfan316 is offline D-Ticket Holder

on my latest trip to WDW, I was lucky (or possibly diligent) enough to get a reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table. Despite me being (at the time) a 26 year old guy there alone, the Princesses spent the same amount of time at my table as they did at others which was a major plus. It was Ariel that pushed the experience from great to wonderful. I was wearing my Tinker Bell lanyard and I had about a dozen pins on it. Ariel spotted one of herself in mermaid form with emeralds embedded in her tail. She went crazy for it. Every time I feel blue, I think back to Ariel fawning over my pin and it always puts a smile on my face.
    Visits to Disney:

February 2009: off-site 1 day trip to Epcot and Magic Kingdom

February 2010: All Star Movies 7 days, 6 nights of magic

February 2011: All Star Music 7 days, 6 nights of magic

September 2012: All Star Movies 4 days, 3 nights of magic

March 2013: All Star Movies 3 days, 2 nights of magic

April 2013: Pop Century 3 days, 2 night of magic

(Upcoming) January 2014 6 days, 5 nights of magic

eighthave is offline A-Ticket holder

Smile Re: Character Interaction

Having Cast Members who are really into the roles makes such a difference, doesn't it? We went in 2007 and again in December 2011. We went to the Ohana breakfast with Lilo and Stitch both times. In 2007, Stitch was very stitch-like with the claw up my son's nose and everything, it was great and a pleasant surprise. Lilo was fine, but rather subdued compared to Stitch, but that's kind of what we expected. In 2011, it was just as surprising the opposite was true, Lilo was the lively one and Stitch was more subdued, sort of there for pictures and moving on. But Lilo was asking how old my son was (in pantomime) and trying to flirt with him and signed for him to call her sometime (definitely that and not "hang loose" because she did that, too). So he was surprised at the attention and has a great memory.

We also had a great experience at MVMCP with Cinderella/Prince/Stepmother/Stepsisters. The sisters were carrying on like they do, which was fine, but it scared my 5 yo daughter. As we got to the front of the line, my daughter was having serious misgivings about meeting everyone. When it was our turn, she actually started walking backwards and saying NO! That's when Cinderella leapt into action. There is nothing that my wife or I (or anyone else) could have done to convince my daughter to go over to the characters EXCEPT Cinderella. Cindy saw what was happening and made a small gasp and looked at my daughter as if that's who she had been waiting to see all night. She swept over put her hands out and knelt down to my daughter, said how happy she was to see her and quietly asked if she would like to meet the prince. She held her hand and they walked over to the other characters and again, she knelt and introduced everyone and they, in turn, dialed their usual antics way back so my daughter wasn't scared. Then Cindy got her to pose for the picture, etc. I'm not the type to cry at such things, and I didn't, but when it's your own kid there and you can see how much they cared to make it work for my daughter, well, I may have wondered when the clouds had rolled in after I felt a drop near my eye, because they weren't calling for rain.

The other great interaction was with Phineas and Ferb in DHS. They were very energetic and into their characters. Do you remember the "Night at the Roxy" sketches on SNL? Maybe also known as the "What is love?" song sketches. Well, they did a G-rated version of that dance with my niece bouncing around between them. Then we were just about to walk away when Ferb waved to get my daughter's attention. When she looked, he pointed to himself, then made a heart shape and then pointed at her. She was absolutely tickled to death and couldn't stop talking about how she was going to marry Ferb.

Of course, I still remember as a teenager being attacked by the Japanese Minnie Mouse in Epcot with a giant hug and big smooch and in college when Chewbacca gave me a noogie.

Disney.Gen.2.0 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Mickey Mouse held his arms open to my son asking for a hug. The Photo Pass photographer snapped a picture. The smile on my son's face was priceless. It's my favorite picture.

When we met Woody and Buzz, Woody was hamming up for my video camera. He was shooting his fingers like guns and asked to see himself in the LCD screen.

Sulley wrapped his arms around my wife to the point that she almost disappeared (I can't blame him, she's kinda cute). He wouldn't let go.

Donkey chips is offline A-Ticket holder

My daughter is 6 and whenever she see’s Snow white or Belle they always seem to give her that extra attention that makes for wonderful magical memories.

petals3485 is offline Annual Passholder

Stitch is always my best character interaction although Cinderella did earn some of my affection last year when she said she thought I should be a princess in Ireland

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Peter Pan is THE BEST!!!!! I'm in love with that boy!! I'm always meeting him and this last time a dream came true cause of him. I've always wanted to walk with a character holding hands (when I was little i wanted a princess but now Peter) and HE DID it was like outta a dream or a Disney ad. I was/am mega HAPPY when I still think about it
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Character Interaction-104_1611.jpg   Character Interaction-104_1615.jpg  
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

nicholas is offline Lost in my house

Lilo & Stitch

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789