Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Fantasmic Boat Question in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; The boats in Fantasmic! are they on a track of some sort? I've always been curios to know. Thanks!...
    WDWNerd07 is offline A-Ticket holder

Fantasmic Boat Question

The boats in Fantasmic! are they on a track of some sort? I've always been curios to know. Thanks!

ungis is offline E-Ticket Holder
    From personal knowledge, I have the understanding that they are not on a track, they are genuinely sailed through the river or waterway.
    Can't wait to go back !!!
    First WDW trip June, 1996 - Lots of Disneyland trips in between -Last WDW trip December, 2006
    WDW College Program Alumni - Fall 2001
    Hello to all Disney fans !!!

twospoons27 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was at a showing in early October '07, and they are definitely *not* on a track. It was a bit windy and Beauty and the Beast's float just clipped the side of Snow White's float. Didn't seem to bother the characters. Then in the canoe scene from Pocahontas, two of the canoes sideswiped each other. Again, not disruptive to the show, and from a distance, you probably wouldn't have noticed, but we happen to be sitting in the front row that evening.

mattj4226 is offline Fastpass Holder
    That's interesting. I wonder how they are driven?
    - Matt
    Allaboutthemouseketeer #155
    http://anotherdisney.blogspot.com/
    http://mattspoliticalrants.blogspot.com/

2009 & 2010 WDW Half Marathons, 2009 Disneyland Half Marathon,

Next Visit to the World: March '09 for Princess Half Marathon Weekend?

WaltDisneyFan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Yeah, I remember reading somewhere that all boats outside of the Magic Kingdom weren't on tracks, but for some reason I wasn't thinking about the ones in Fantasmic. That's pretty interesting.

WDWNerd07 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I was only thinking this because in one part, the boats move really fast and I just assumed either they have really experienced drivers underneath or they are on a track. But I would love to get a real answer on this. Thanks to everyone for their input so far!

Smack81 is offline Long Live IllumiNations!
    I've seen one canoe (in the Pocahontas scene) get pretty close to another one, so I'd have to agree that they are not on a track.