Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Coolest Birthdays @ WDW in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; How about some birthday stories from WDW. We are going in January to celebrate my son's 17th B'day. Some really cool stories to pump us up even more would be ...
    ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder

Coolest Birthdays @ WDW

How about some birthday stories from WDW. We are going in January to celebrate my son's 17th B'day. Some really cool stories to pump us up even more would be appreciated!
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

trickster is offline Hakuna Matata!!... It means no worries!!

Mine was back on the 10th October 2006...

Here's the extract from our trip Report thread:

ORLANDO, FLORIDA 2006.
    10th October, DAY 10

“Happy Birthday to me…” Firstly, guys, thanks for all the cards I received – A very pleasant surprise and much appreciated – Thank You!! Well, as you will be aware, we hit MK and stayed into the night for MNSSHP Due to this, we had a late start. Now, I know a lot of you would have ‘gasped’ at that, but I am always considerate and have to think of Ann – who needs her sleep!!
    After our normal morning BritCast and showers, we headed on out to MK arriving around noon. First port of call was Guest Services to make another ADR for later in the week over at MGM and I also let them know it was my Birthday – yep, 21 (again)!! Once done and after picking up my Birthday Badge and a map for MNSSHP, we headed up through the Main Street shops towards Crystal Palace. We checked in and had to wait a little as firstly, our ADR was not until 1pm (it was only 12.50pm) and secondly they were very busy. I also let them know it was my Birthday – thanks for the tip Melis!! We finally got in around 10 minutes after 1pm and were shown to our table that was all decorated up for me – what a great touch!!
    The food and ambience in the Crystal Palace is excellent and we both thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere; the meal and meeting all the characters. We certainly ate very, very well!! Just to top of the meal, I received a birthday cake and a card from the characters, which I thought, was a lovely touch. I saved the cake and asked for a little box to take it away in to eat later!!
    Meal over and now 2.30pm gone, we headed back down Main Street and had some retail therapy – having the goods we bought sent directly to our hotel like we always do!! Ann bought some scrap-booking stuff along with other bits and bats!! She is very keen to give the scrap booking a whirl having never done it before!!
    We now decided to head on up to Main Street station and catch the train round to Toontown Fair. As we entered the station we were greeted by a CM and upon seeing my birthday badge, gave us both special Mickey Ears – free!! They are light blue in colour with a cloud effect on them and it says on the front: “The Year of a Million Dreams“ along with a picture of Cinderella Castle. They are apart of the Million Dreams give away. We were dead chuffed at receiving these as we had seen other people with them on!! There was a slight delay in the train leaving – not because I was driving – but because the parade had just started over at Frontierland. Once on our way, we had a pleasant journey round.
    We couldn’t believe how quiet Toontown was – we could actually see quite a way in front of us!! First of all, we went into Mickey’s Country House and then round to Judges Tent – but he wasn’t there and the CM couldn’t tell us how long he would be? Moving on, we went next door into the Toontown Hall of Fame Tent. Here we waited in line to have our photo taken with Donald, Chip & Dale and Mary Poppins. We then re-queued to have our photos taken with Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. For Minnie, we had taken off our ears, but she noticed them and noticed it was my birthday and so I got lots of hugs and kisses from her!! We also had to put our new ears back on for the photos!! Most of these you may have seen courtesy of Melissa and our Photo Pass.
    Once done, we headed next door into Minnie’s Country Home followed by Donald’s boat – working our way out of Toontown as we went. The time was just after 4pm and we were now able to collect our wristbands for MNSSHP. The nearest place we could do this was at the Rose Garden in front of the Castle. Along the way, we picked up some FPs for Winnie the Pooh. These had a return time from 5pm – 6pm. Wristbands sorted (a bright blue colour – a very Halloween colour?!!!) we took a break and had a drink in Cosmic Ray’s Starlight Café and awaited our time to go and ride Winnie the Pooh. At this point, I also ate my Birthday Cake I received earlier.
    5pm soon came round and we headed back into Fantasyland and straight on to The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Like I said earlier, the park was fairly quiet and we worked our way along to Liberty Square. First stop was Mickey’s PhilarMagic (I just love this 3D show – poor Donald!) followed by “it’s a small world” and finally Peter Pan’s Flight. We also checked out the shops too and asked a CM about Halloween T-shirts: We were told that they would be out after 7pm in the Emporium when the park closes to the ‘day’ guests.
    Since it was 6.45pm, we headed back up Main Street and hung around for 7pm. This came and went and so we asked another CM who told us they wouldn’t be out until 7.30pm! Arrrgggghhhhh!! 7.30pm fast approached and we asked yet another CM who looked to be a Manager of some sorts. She informed us that they were having problems clearing the park from the day guests but they were just putting them out in the shop towards Casey’s. We moved fast through the store and found them on the racks.
    Having purchased our T-shirts and put them on, we were off to enjoy the Halloween Party!! We headed towards Adventureland having our photo taken on the way out side Crystal Palace looking towards the Castle. We were going to ride PoTC but there was a 50 minutes wait! We did however have our picture taken under the PoTC sign. Our plans changed and we headed over to BTMR instead which had no line at all. This was fun to ride in the dark and everyone was screaming with ‘Ghoulish Delight’ as we went round!!
    BTMR ridden, we wondered back into Adventureland to have our photos taken with some of the characters. These were Timon, Tarzan & Terk. It was great because after each photo was taken, there were CMs with large barrels full of Goofy’s Candy and to get some we had to answer to “Trick or Treat”! The candy was then put into our ‘Trick or Treat bag we were given when we got our wristbands.
    All this candy was making us hungry and so it was of to Aloha Isle for a Dole Whip Float. Ann wasn’t hungry and so didn’t have one – besides she doesn’t like pineapples!! The float was absolutely yummy to say the least!! We then headed towards the front of Cinderella Castle for “Villain’s Mix & Mingle’ – Disney Villains dancing to some remixed favourite Villain songs. It was a really fun show that lasted around 10 minutes.
    Ann was now hungry and we headed towards Casey’s Corner so that she could get a Hot Dog. Once bought, we hung around this area for “Happy HalloWishes” – a Halloween firework spectacular – starting at 9.30pm. WOW!! What a display it was!! If you have seen Wishes, multiply it by 10!! I have seen fire works behind the Castle before but not a display, which lit the whole sky up from beyond Casey’s Corner to beyond Plaza Ice Cream Palor.
    The whole of Main Street – and the rest of the park for that matter were decked out in different colours that made the whole place look superb. One added extra for Main Street was they had MickeyBats, Witches and Ghosts flying along the walls of the buildings using various lighting effects which worked ‘a treat’!!
    We now decided it was time to find Mickey and friends: He was, as we found out, in his house. Toontown was very, very busy. We had a Photo Pass picture taken against the Toontown sign and changed our minds. Instead, we went to find a spot to watch the parade. We found a spot in Liberty Square half way between Sleepy Hollow and The Hall of Presidents but on the opposite side of the street.
    The ‘Mickey’s “Boo-to-you” Halloween Parade’ started with a ‘Headless Horseman on a black horse which looked superb!! The parade was brilliant too: We got loads of candy during it too!! It was now closing in on 11pm and so we headed back to Mickey’s House. He was in the garden at the rear of his house with quite a queue to see him.
    Photo Pass done, we were going to go and see Minnie and find Donald but time was against us. Instead, we headed back to Main Street Station to where we had our final MNSHHP shot done with a ‘Ghostly Mickey’.
    After photographing the front of the park which was suitably lit up too, it was time to take the Monorail back to the Contemporary for a bus transfer back to DTD followed by the short walk across the road to our hotel.
    Well, what else can I say? I had the best birthday ever: The Cards; Crystal Palace with the card & cake; MNSSHP and generally being in WDW!! MNSSHP comes ‘Highly Recommended’ and if anyone gets the chance to do it, they should!! I think I have written enough here – time to sign off for another day!!
    Rich

"Most of my life I have done what I wanted to do. I have had fun on the job.
    I have never been able to confine that fun to office hours." ~ Walt Disney

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    I celebrated my 17th birthday at WDW in November. My mom and I ate at Boma, where they had a special (yet simple, because of Boma's other fabulous desserts) dessert plate that said, "Happy 17th Birthday Hillary" written in chocolate. We then toured the MK resorts and did another favorite pastime of ours - shopping, especially since it was the day after Thanksgiving. (Eating together is our favorite pastime.) We spent 3 nights at WDW. We visited all four theme parks on one day and attended MVMCP the next. I had an incredible birthday, the spanned over a week, with four days at WDW. It was a dream come true.
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

mritty is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaMouser View Post
    How about some birthday stories from WDW. We are going in January to celebrate my son's 17th B'day. Some really cool stories to pump us up even more would be appreciated!
    My birthday is November 5. My girlfriend's was October 23. We went to WDW from Oct 29 - Nov 6 in 2006, so we celebrated both our birthdays. When we were making dining reservations for our first night, we asked them to note that we were celebrating both of our birthdays. This was back around April or May, of course. We arrived in Disney World about 4pm, and went straight to Epcot, and to our dinner reservations at Alfredo's. We had a very nice meal, but we both declined dessert when it was offered to us, as the appetizers and entrees had filled us. The server said she'd be right back with our check, and a few minutes later, she and several other cast members came out with some cupcakes with lit candles, and serenaded us with the Italian version of "Happy Birthday". We were not wearing birthday buttons at the time, and had said nothing about our birthdays since we made the reservations six months prior. It was a most wonderful way to start our vacation.

The next morning, while my girlfriend was in the restroom, I went to Town Hall at the Magic Kingdom and got her a birthday button. For the rest of the day (and the next several), every cast member we saw wished her a happy birthday. We went to Epcot and started sampling some of the Food & Wine Festival Booths. At Canada, we each ordered a Cheddar Cheese soup, and the cast member gave us two of the Cheddar Cheese Soup tickets.... plus a ticket for the dessert. When I looked oddly, about to say we didn't order that, she smiled and said "Happy Birthday!"

At the Animal Kingdom, there was a bit of traffic jam on the Safari ride, so the driver took the opportunity to say "I see back there we have a birthday girl - everyone, on 3, please sing "Happy Birthday" to Christina!" and everyone did.

Towards the end of the vacation, my girlfriend removed her birthday button, and I got one for myself. At both the Garden Grill and the Liberty Tree Tavern, when the meal was over, our server brought out a small cake for me, and the cast members sang happy birthday to me (in the case of Garden Grill, Mickey, Pluto, and Chip & Dale joined in the celebration).

While walking around the Studios, I came into the gift shop next to Muppets 3D. The cast member said "Happy Birthday" to me, and then stopped himself and said "Wait. Paul. With the shaved head and goatee... where are you from?" "Uhm, Albany, NY". "YEAH! Paul from Albany! Did you get your phone call?" "Uh. No?" "Well someone called for you earlier, asking for a Paul from Albany, with a goatee and shaved head and blue eyes.... I didn't recognize the description, so I just sent it through to Guest Services. Here, let me retrieve the message for you..." He then picked up the phone, dialed a number, and handed me the receiver - so that I could hear Goofy singing me "Happy Birthday". :-)

I took the bus back to Pop Century my last night, the night of my birthday, and found on my bed waiting for me a bouquet of balloons, along with a birthday card and "signed" photo from Mickey.

My very last day, hours before I got back on my flight, I was in the Magic Kingdom, and stopped at Casey's Corner for lunch. I ordered a hotdog and fries, and a coke. I saw the cast member retrieve the hotdog, fries, coke, ... and brownie. I said "Oh, I didn't order a brownie..." He smiled and said "I know. Happy Birthday!"

It was, by far, the most wonderful WDW trip I've ever taken. I want to be in Disney for every birthday from now on.

frank10 is offline A-Ticket holder
    abc
    Last edited by frank10; 02-17-2008 at 04:28 AM.

bhcoff01 is offline A-Ticket holder
    For my 20th birthday I spent the day at the Magic Kingdom, my best friend and I rode Splash Mountain three times and caught SpectroMagic at the end of the day, it was really a great week. Now this year for my 21st birthday we'll be spending the day at EPCOT, i want to spend all of my birthday's at Walt Disney World now!

tylerapplejacks is offline A-Ticket holder
    i went to walt disney world for my birthday and we stayed at the AKL and my grandmother told them it was my birthday and at night i got a personalized birthday card from minnie mouse with an autographed pic of her

lilo88 is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    These are all amazing stories! I will be (hopefully) be celebrating my 20th birthday in November there. I hope its as magical as you all's was!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

Sufferer of Disney Vacation Depression

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

ImaMouser is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I have not responded to this thread because it took me a few weeks to get over my vacation to WDW being over.

My son turned 17 while we were there in Jan. The week started off a little rough for him. He got a stomach virus the night we got there. But after a couple of days he was back to normal and nobody else got sick, praise God!

On his birthday we went to MK. We bought him a Happy Birthday top hat shaped like a cake with candles that light up on top. He wore it all day. We also got him a happy B-day button. All day long CM's and park visitors wished him a happy b-day. We had dinner at the Crystal Palace and they had our table decorated with some party favors. The characters made a little more fuss over him than normal.In the Monster's Inc. comedy show they put him on the big screen and said something about him. But I think the most touching thing to happen to him that day was during the afternoon parade. Fairy Godmother came by high upon her float. She looked down at Patrick and winked at him and mouthed to him "Happy Birthday" and blew him a kiss.
    It was a very simple but sweet gesture on her behalf and we will never forget it.
    Walt is the man, Mickey is the mouse but Minnie is THE WOMAN

satijp is offline Fastpass Holder
    I helped my sis plan my niece's 3rd b-day party at WDW. It was by far one of the most fun b-days I've celebrated there, including several of my own!
    We went to MK in the morning with a bunch of her friends who were staying at Pop with us. Then around lunch time we all road the monorail to Poly (bday girl in front) - and had rented out the Neverland Club. Her fave movies at the time were Peter Pan & Incredibles. So we had a loop of Peter Pan running on the big screen. They had all kinds of video games and crafts available.
    After all the rest of the guests who had not gone to the parks arrived, and before lunch was served, we passed out black masks to all the kids and Mr. Incredible came to entertain for a bit while the adults grabbed some food. Then, after he left they had a buffet of all your fave kid meals - mac'n'cheese, chix nuggets, pizza - yummo! Then we passed out hooks and pirate hats and in came Capt. Hook. He was an awesome character!!! Interacted so much for non-talking - including with the video that was still playing. He even got in on the action when we did the b-day cake and song!!!

A close second was this past summer for my b-day. It was the first time my step-son had been to MK (we took him to EPCOT the year before) and having him experience it all for the first time was really one of the best presents I could've gotten...
    We went to Trail's End at Wilderness Fort for my b-day dinner and it was really good. We headed back to the boat dock to get back to MK for the fireworks, but everyone kept moving slow!!! And it had started to sprinkle. Long story short, they'd gotten one of the fireworks cruises that was supposed to have cake, champagne, banners, snacks, etc. come pick us up... but somewhere between "there are no boats runnning due to weather" (they continued to run more than 10 others from that dock that night) and "Oh, it's on the way" (3x) it never showed. But they did deliver the cake to our room about midnight... Oh well... we made the best of it and watched the fireworks from the beach at FW and just enjoyed all being together. Plus, they gave us FPs for AK the next day that were particularly useful when KSafaris had a 180min wait.
    -Tanya

Jan '07 Pop Century, Mar '07 Day Trip, April '07 Off Property, May '07 OKW, July '07 POR, Oct '07 Pop Century (& MNSSHP!!!), Dec '07 Day Trip

Jan '08 POR
    Feb '08 Pop
    Mar '08 Off Property
    April '08 AS Sports - I think - still gotta book it

I had the most amazing birthday in WDW! The Fairy Godmother said Happy Birthday from the Christmas parade float and I got my picture taken with Minnie and Mickey on Mickey's birthday! I got balloons, cards, cup cakes and a whole lot of "Birthday wishes"! It was an awesome time!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

97'~French Quarter, 99'~CBR, 01'~Movies, 03'~Music/PORriverside/DCL, 05'~POP, 06'~Movies, 08'~Movies, 09'~Disneyland/ Embassy Suites Irvine/ 10'~Music, 12'~LBV Best Western Disney View

roilion94 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Coolest Birthdays @ WDW

We were at WDW last year on my DH's birthday. A nice cast member gave us buttons on the first day there and DH wore his "Happy Birthday" button the entire week in the parks. We were in Epcot and heading into "The American Adventure" for the first time. We stopped and talked to the female CM at the door and talked for a minute or two and then went inside and listened to a male CM give the exhibit intro in the rotunda. As we were starting to make our way in to the theater, the male CM stopped us and asked "Are you Jim from Wisconsin?" My DH said yes and then the male CM replied that you have an important phone call. He took us into a side room gave DH instructions to retrieve the call. As he listened to the call we were getting worried because we all have cell phones and our relatives know the numbers. When he finished, we asked what it was about. Turns out Goofy was singing Happy Birthday to him. The male CM did not go over to the female CM by the door and we never told him we were from Wisconsin either so we never found out when the discussion happened between the two CMs, but that was one of the many "magical" memories on our trip.

Quote Originally Posted by roilion94 View Post
    We were at WDW last year on my DH's birthday. A nice cast member gave us buttons on the first day there and DH wore his "Happy Birthday" button the entire week in the parks. We were in Epcot and heading into "The American Adventure" for the first time. We stopped and talked to the female CM at the door and talked for a minute or two and then went inside and listened to a male CM give the exhibit intro in the rotunda. As we were starting to make our way in to the theater, the male CM stopped us and asked "Are you Jim from Wisconsin?" My DH said yes and then the male CM replied that you have an important phone call. He took us into a side room gave DH instructions to retrieve the call. As he listened to the call we were getting worried because we all have cell phones and our relatives know the numbers. When he finished, we asked what it was about. Turns out Goofy was singing Happy Birthday to him. The male CM did not go over to the female CM by the door and we never told him we were from Wisconsin either so we never found out when the discussion happened between the two CMs, but that was one of the many "magical" memories on our trip.
    Disney's the best!!
    Same happened to me while in the contemporary gift shop, CM said I think I have a phone call for you and it was goofy! I love Disney Magic!
    Tiffany~ºoº ~ D23 member

mick_chick17 is offline A-Ticket holder

All of these stories are making me so excited! I'm going down to WDW for my 18th Birthday in september with my best friend!

May 2005- GKTW for a Make-A-Wish Trip
    Feb 2007- Off Property and 1 night at All-Star Movies
    December 2008-09- All-Star Music Orchestra Trip
    BIRTHDAY TRIP
    SEPTEMBER 2010

All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them--Walt Disney aka The Man

JordanRHughes is offline A-Ticket holder

What a great thread. My boy wants to have his birthday there. Thanks for all the ideas.

Jordan.