Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Pop Century Refillable Mugs in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Can anyone tell me if the resorts change the refillable mugs on a yearly basis? I was at Pop Century in May of 07' and I am going back to ...
    stephanie71717 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Question Pop Century Refillable Mugs

Can anyone tell me if the resorts change the refillable mugs on a yearly basis? I was at Pop Century in May of 07' and I am going back to Pop this May so I was wondering if the Mugs changed or if I can reuse my mug from last year. If anyone can give me a description or even a pic of the new mugs I would be very appreciative.

Hiddenmickeyboy is offline Fastpass Holder
    yes. you can reuse them.
    999,999 score on BLSRS! Galactic Hero!

I love working in the Theme Park Industry!

eyeinthesky is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Yes, I have the older Wilderness Lodge mugs which have since changed to Year of a Million Dreams design (white and blue in color). Last month I asked if my old mug was still good and the cast member nodded in approval. I wasn't sure if she was just letting me use it to be nice or if they were still allowed. For the entire trip, I no one ever stopped me, so I'm guessing you'll be fine.
    Creator, The Best of Walt Disney World
    www.bestwdw.com

DisneyLove28 is offline Just your average Disney Princess!
    I was just wondering if anybody knows by chance if the refillable mugs are good for milk and juice and stuff like that or is it only the fountain drinks?
    ~*~...it's a small world after all...~*~

- [ The Dirty Dozen ] -
    November 2005

C'mon everybody! Let's all clap our hands and dance in a circle!

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Fountain drinks, coffee, cocoa, and tea. That's all I can think of. I think the only milk and juice available is in the cooler and has to be paid for separately. BTW, I bought a new mug last Oct and have used it again in Jan. The mug I had before that, I used on 4 different vacations at WDW.

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    "Technically" the mugs are for the length of stay they were purchased in. In "reality" people have been using them on each subsequent trip they take.
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

paul mex is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi all, We have 2 weeks booked at Pop in April and never stayed onsite before so the mugs are a bit new to us We did see them at B,B last time we were there but are they the same mugs? and if you get 1 at pop can you use them at other place like BB or is it only valid at where you buy them? And how do they work ? I saw a kid scanning it on the side of a soda machine at BB so is there a limit to how many times you can fill it ?Sorry for all daft questions But its all a bit new to us
    Thanks In advance Paul
    P,s sorry to hijack your thread Stephanie!!!!

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy View Post
    "Technically" the mugs are for the length of stay they were purchased in. In "reality" people have been using them on each subsequent trip they take.
    Yeah what he said. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by paul mex View Post
    Hi all, We have 2 weeks booked at Pop in April and never stayed onsite before so the mugs are a bit new to us We did see them at B,B last time we were there but are they the same mugs? and if you get 1 at pop can you use them at other place like BB or is it only valid at where you buy them? And how do they work ? I saw a kid scanning it on the side of a soda machine at BB so is there a limit to how many times you can fill it ?Sorry for all daft questions But its all a bit new to us
    Thanks In advance Paul
    P,s sorry to hijack your thread Stephanie!!!!
    What does BB stand for? That is one abbreviation I have never seen. Do you mean the Boardwalk Resort? I have heard tale of the DVC resorts having a scanner on their machines but that was a while ago. Can anyone confirm if they do. When was the last time you were at WDW paul? Policies and well...pretty much everything....get changed quite often
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

annie609 is offline A-Ticket holder
    There are no scanners. You can refill them as many times as you want.

We were there last Feb but stayed on I drive. BB was Blizzard Beach, There was a really loud lady selling the mugs at the entrance she said you could use them all day you were at Blizzard ? But I didnt know about the mugs at the resorts at that time so I didnt ask if they could be used there?
    cheers Paul
    Last edited by paul mex; 01-28-2008 at 05:36 PM. Reason: spelling

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    vixen101485 said
    ..Policies and well...pretty much everything....get changed quite often..
    To which the CM's refer to as the "CoP" (Carousel of Policy)

paul mex said
    We were there last Feb but stayed on I drive. BB was Blizzard Beach, There was a really loud lady selling the mugs at the entrance she said you could use them all day you were at Blizzard ? But I didnt know about the mugs at the resorts at that time so I didnt ask if they could be used there?
    cheers Paul
    The mugs purchased at BB are not good at the resorts
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

vixen101485 is offline Queen of the Swaps, bow before me
    AAAHHHH....Now I get it....I thot you were refering to the resorts is why it threw me.

I like your abbreviation Tigger HEHEHE
    It's a Disney thing. If you understood, your only question would be "can I go?"

TRICK OR TREAT FOR UNICEF
    FOR MORE INFO CLICK THIS LINK http://inside.unicefusa.org/goto/Meghyn

Ahhh Now I get it about the mugs Thanks for clearing that up, Paul

Thanks for all the answers guys. I guess my fear is having a cast member run up and say "HEY YOU, YOU CAN'T USE THAT MUG!!!" That would be really embarassing even though last time I was there people were filling up foam cups with fountain drinks. Theres nothing like people ripping of the drink fountain to raise the prices for the rest of us.

No problem Paul, I wouldn't call it hijacking just adding on to the many questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast