Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Polynesian VS. Comtemporary in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; This October we are going to Disney . We can't decide if we should stay at Polynesian or Contemporary. We're leaning more towards Polynesian. It's a hard choice. What do ...
    redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder

Polynesian VS. Comtemporary

This October we are going to Disney. We can't decide if we should stay at Polynesian or Contemporary. We're leaning more towards Polynesian. It's a hard choice. What do you guys think?
    -Zac

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    One consideration you may have is that there is a lot of construction going on in and around the Contemporary. Renovations are ongoing in the rooms, the restaurants, and the demolished north wing that is now being built as a 15 story tower. A stay there this year is bound to be affected in one way or another by all the changes going on.

I loved the Polynesian. It is a beautiful resort, has a wonderful pool, and the beach is nice too. I believe the major renovations were completed there a year or so ago. The restaurants there are great, too.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

iluvdisney is offline B-Ticket Holder

Talking

Without a doubt I think you should stay at the Polynesian. I love it there. It's so pretty with the Hawaiian theme and everything. I wish I could live at the Polynesian!
    Por favor mantangense alejado de las puertas
    "I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." -- Walt Disney

bafflej142 is offline A-Ticket holder
    My family and I are also going to the parks in the spring and staying at the Polynesian. I have heard that the revamp turned out great and that it should be very relaxing. This will be my first time back since the renovations, so I am excited to see how it looks!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea for me this is actually a tougher choice. The Polynesian is one of the most beautiful resorts on property. I love the Contemporary for the fact that you can just walk to and from the Magic Kingdom. It was also one of the first resorts on property. I think if you have kids having a room facing the castle is and extremely wonderful experience. Also I have found that the Contemporary is always cheaper than the Polynesian. If there are no kids involved in the decision then the Polynesian would have my vote. They eaters they are more grown up themed where as the Contemporary and Chef Mickey's are perfect for children. You really cant go wrong with either because they are two of the best that Disney has to offer.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

Sorria is offline Fastpass Holder
    Having never stayed at either of them I'd pick the Polynesian. We're staying at the Poly in July and have visited a few times and it is beautiful. The Contemporary really doesn't do anything for me. Most if not all of the online sources and book sources I've looked at rate the Polynesian better than the Contemporary so if you can afford it and you have kids that are willing to try Hawaiian food I'd go for the Poly.
    Upcoming Trips to WDW:

Dec 6-10: Disney Wonder
    Dec 10-19: Port Orleans French Quarter

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    I've never stayed at either, but I'd choose the Polynesian simply because that theme appeals more to me.

I'm slightly biased against the Contemporary as I find it the ugliest resort on all of WDW property. I've just never cared for it. Even the ability to walk to the MK from it doesn't sway me....amazingly...cause that's one of the appeals of the BoardWalk, Beach Club, and Yacht Club resorts and Epcot.

The contemporary is also one of the hotels that serve a convention role. I know this because companies and organizations I have been affiliated have held them at Disney's Contemporary among other places on WDW property. I'm not sure with the construction if this is even a factor right now.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

Thumper10 is offline Missing Main Street...
    I've visited both of them and would have to choose the Poly if it were me. One day I would love to have the chance to stay at both, but my first choice would be the Poly. The theming is awesome, it a beautiful resort, and it has wonderful relaxing atmostphere. The colors, tropical plants/trees, and waterfalls are so pretty and the pool looks like lots of fun.
    -Amanda

When you believe in a thing, believe in it all the way, implicitly and unquestionable.
    -Walt Disney

HauntedGabe is offline Where'd she go???
    Visit and eat at Contemporary, stay at the Polynesian. We found everything a pain at the Contemporary, pools to reach, crowds at restaurants, lacks tranquility.
    That said it is fun to visit and a great place to dodge rain at MK for an hour. Polynesian fun, tropical and inviting. Do visit Tikimans website.

balletprincess1 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've stayed at both and I would definitly recommend the Polynesian over the Contemporary. When we stayed at the Contemporary, we were in the wing that is now torn down, but one thing that bothered us was the fact that every night when the fireworks went off it was very loud and slightly shook the building. This was very difficult with my 6 year old cousin trying to sleep. The Polynesian is beautiful and the Kona Cafe Restaurant in it is amazing. The Tonga Toast for breakfast is the best! The location of the Contemporary was nice that we could walk to the MK but the Polynesian is just a short monorail ride away. Have a great vacation!!

redheadbrown is offline Annual Passholder
    [ Have a great vacation!![/quote]
    Thanks Balletprincess1 we will.
    -Zac

disney95 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have been to both resorts, but never slept in the Contemporary. But, i have stayed at the Polynesian, and I would 100% stay there. The Poly has an excellent theme with an awsome pool for the kids, and a seperate pool if you want to relax. The food and entertainment is off the chart. There is a dinner show and there is also a character breakfast. You can walk to the TTC in less than 5 minutes and buy tickets (there is a walkway;great idea to get the tickets for the next day). There is a lot of constuction with a new tower to be added to the Contemepary(there is a forum on this, you should see it). The Contemparary is kinda small, too. The rooms in the Polynesian are newly redone and we were able to sleep 5 people in the room. I would definately go to the Polynesian!