Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss people living on property?? in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; my girlfriend has never been to disney and we are going in august, but she asked me the other day if anyone actually lived in lake buena vista on disney ...
    dcbush12 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I am from Ohio....far far from Disney World

people living on property??

my girlfriend has never been to disney and we are going in august, but she asked me the other day if anyone actually lived in lake buena vista on disney property......and i couldnt remember if anyone does or not.....i remember a room of people living in a shack or something on property????? can anyone help us with this question?
    I'm the only one!!!!

Summer 1989---Offsite
    May 2005----Boardwalk
    July 2006----PORS
    Aug. 2008----Coronado Springs (Engaged!)
    Dec. 2009----POFC (Honeymoon!!)
    June 2010----PORS

angharad is offline A-Ticket holder
    There are two "cities" in WDW: Lake Buena Vista (originally Reedy Creek) and Bay Lake. In the 2004 census, 15 people lived in Lake Buena Vista and an estimated 22 lived in Bay Lake. These cities are both part of the Reedy Creek Improvement District, a District basically run by Disney, giving them great independence from other local government about what can and can't be built there, etc.

princessariel is offline Fastpass Holder
    oh how cool would that be to live at WDW!
    Summer '83-Off Site

Dec '95- Shades Of Green

March '03-All Star Movies

March '06-All Star Movies

October '07-POFQ

March '10-POFQ

March '13 POFQ

June '14 POFQ

Nov'14 All Star Sports-F&WF W&D 1/2 Marathon!

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Yea i Have driven around the Lake Buena Vista area one. Never knew about the Bay Lake one anyone know where it is. I would love to see if it is like the Lake Buena Vista one.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

EeyoresButterfl is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lake Buena Vista is just outside Disney property, that is where the CPs live, there are also one or two little apartment complexes that are not exclusively Disney People. Disney also had a hand in creating Celebration (sort of an attempt at the realization Walt's plan for a living community at Epcot). I am not aware of anybody actually living on Disney property, although I know a couple of years ago International Program Participants were housed at the old Tree House Villas due to lack of room in the apartments provided to CPs and IPs

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    Yea i Have driven around the Lake Buena Vista area one. Never knew about the Bay Lake one anyone know where it is. I would love to see if it is like the Lake Buena Vista one.
    Officially (at least according to Google), it's between the Dolphin & Swan Resorts and Coronado Springs, kind of southwest of EPCOT.

Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresButterfl View Post
    Lake Buena Vista is just outside Disney property, that is where the CPs live, there are also one or two little apartment complexes that are not exclusively Disney People.
    I'm not sure, in all honesty. LBV is kind of on the boundary of Disney/non-Disney. I don't think that CPs tend to live there, though.
    Last edited by angharad; 02-08-2008 at 01:32 AM.

EeyoresButterfl is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've done 3 CPs, I know what I'm talking about .Lake Buena Vista is basically along 535 right outside Disney Property, all of their apartment complexes are located there.

Maestr034 is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by EeyoresButterfl View Post
    I've done 3 CPs, I know what I'm talking about .Lake Buena Vista is basically along 535 right outside Disney Property, all of their apartment complexes are located there.
    I am not talking about the apartment complexes. Right next to the Fire Station by Downtown Disney there is a little community made up of long time disney employees. There is only about 8 small homes there. It is hidden from sight but easy to drive around. I think it is really amazing.
    [CENTER]
    The Maestro
    Married at The Disney Wedding Pavilon
    6-4-05

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    My grandmother lived in Lake Buena Vista for over 20 years (until she passed away last year). It's technically not "Disney property" in the WDW sense though it is part of the Reedy Creek district.

There's always Celebration.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

I'm interested, then, in the fact that the census for Lake Buena Vista lists 9 households with 15 people living there. The Vista Way apartments, part of LBV for awhile, were de-annexed from it in 1990, dropping the official population from about 2000 to less than 20. It's interesting, but I can't find a good timeline or legal division map or anything. Any resources would be appreciated, BTW.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by angharad View Post
    I'm interested, then, in the fact that the census for Lake Buena Vista lists 9 households with 15 people living there. The Vista Way apartments, part of LBV for awhile, were de-annexed from it in 1990, dropping the official population from about 2000 to less than 20. It's interesting, but I can't find a good timeline or legal division map or anything. Any resources would be appreciated, BTW.
    The development my grandmother was in was within Lake Buena Vista boundaries and there are at least 100 or so houses there. I do know that her zip code changed back about 10 years ago or so to 32819 and most of LBV is 32830. Maybe they split the town and we just didn't know? Hmmmm....
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Disneyworldbuff is offline A-Ticket holder
    This is the first time I've heard of this. I'll have to take a drive and check it out when I'm there next week !

Quote Originally Posted by Maestr034 View Post
    I am not talking about the apartment complexes. Right next to the Fire Station by Downtown Disney there is a little community made up of long time disney employees. There is only about 8 small homes there. It is hidden from sight but easy to drive around. I think it is really amazing.
    February 17-20 2008 Disneys' All Star Sports

JoshK47 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Re: people living on property??

Very interesting - never realized that people lived on Disney-owned land, apart from Celebration, of course.

TXTaylors5 is offline Fastpass Holder

When I first read the title, I thought it was like the tree people we encountered in San Diego, camping-out on the property. If you've been there, you know what I am talking about.

If you have a million dollars +, you can live on Disney property. It was announced last year they are building a gated-community ON Disney property called Golden Oak.

Read the Orlando Sentinel article HERE
    Jennifer Bill (DisneyTaylors) Will (12) Emily (10) Cole (7)
    2004: CBR; 2006: BC ~ DCL(Wonder); 2007: BCV,YC,BC,SSR,ASMU ~ MVMCP ~ DCL(Magic); 2008: VWL,BCV,SSR,BC,POR,FW(cabin) ~ DCG, PPP,MNSSHP & MVMCP ~ DCL(Wonder); 2009: DLH(DLR), POR, SSR, BWV, POFQ; 2010: BWV (2xs), AKV (2xs) ~ ABD CA ~ GC (DLR) ~ DCL(Wonder); 2011: BCV, AKV (2xs) ~ MNSSHP ~ MVMCP ~ F&W ~ DCL(Dream); 2012: BWV, AKV, BLT ~ F&W ~ MNSSHP ~ DCL(Fantasy);
    Upcoming Disney Trips:
    2013:04/AKV, 05/AKV ~ Flower and Garden Festival & Expedition Everest Challenge, 12/VGC (DLR)
    2014: 06/DCL ~ Alaska (Wonder), 10/DCL ~ Southern Caribbean (Magic)

"Sparkly"

WDW1014 is offline Fastpass Holder

i would do anything to live there or golden oak lol
    Visits:
    91= Grand Floridan 01= All Star Sports 11= Music
    92= Grand Floridan 02= All Star Movies 12= Movies
    93= Caribbean Beach 03= Old Key West 13= Sports
    94= All Star Sports 04= Pop Century 14= Sports / Sports
    95= French Quarter 05= Pop Century
    96= Dixie Landing 06= Grand Floridan
    97= All Star Music 07= All Star Sports