Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Secrets of WDW Discuss Illusions that smell great in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Ya know it didn't say it in the article, but I bet thats what they use in PhilharMagic when all the food comes out when "be our guest" is being ...
    Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Ya know it didn't say it in the article, but I bet thats what they use in PhilharMagic when all the food comes out when "be our guest" is being sung by Lumiere.
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    You know, you're probably right.
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

viks is offline A-Ticket holder
    whats the difference between their patented Smellitizer and the type supermarkets and other shops use?

hillo is offline Walt Disney World here I come!!!.... again
    that would be really cool to have one of those in your house but then i would always be hungry. i dont think that disney has to fake the smell b/c all the food i have ever had there was delicious and smelled great.

ps maikoda, i was wondering if your sig came from jabberwocky
    - Hillary
    There is more treasure in books than in all the pirate’s loot on Treasure Island.- Walt Disney

Mouse Ears is offline A-Ticket holder
    The apple pie in Mickey's philhar magic is just about the best fake smell I've ever smelled. I was craving pie sooooo badly after that!
    <-This mouse is my hero
    <-This mouse is my homeland
    <-This mouse is dessert
    <-This mouse has my ears!

Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    I agree, they should have a food stand out side of Philharmagic with all of the foods from the show. I bet a LOT of people would be craving them!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

SpottyGroundfog is offline A-Ticket holder
    I never understood out why the planners at Universal Orlando built CityWalk the way they did. You come out of the parks after a long day and have to climb a relatively steep incline to get back to the parking.

ultimtmickeyfan is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by SpottyGroundfog
    I never understood out why the planners at Universal Orlando built CityWalk the way they did. You come out of the parks after a long day and have to climb a relatively steep incline to get back to the parking.
    Its probably to trap you into CityWalk to get you to eat in those restraunts instead of spending what you have left after being in the parks all day at some place off of property. Not too mention they use some kind of variation of the Smellizter to draw you into the Cinnabon place......

jarmitc2032 is offline Lives At Epcot
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimtmickeyfan
    Its probably to trap you into CityWalk to get you to eat in those restraunts instead of spending what you have left after being in the parks all day at some place off of property. Not too mention they use some kind of variation of the Smellizter to draw you into the Cinnabon place......
    If thats what they want to do, then I'm all for it.

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    I like the pine smell on the new Soarin Ride in WDW!
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    WDW really is filled with smells? Now, I'm not sure if its just me, but does the entrance to The Land have a smell, too? Everytime I entered that place, it always smelt of earth after the rain... It always seemed TOO coincidental for my likings.

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    I never noticed that, but probably someone on here will know for sure.
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

DarGoku368 is offline Fastpass Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by viks View Post
    whats the difference between their patented Smellitizer and the type supermarkets and other shops use?
    I wasnt aware supermarkets produced fake smells
    4 8 15 16 23 42

"Rat, schmat, besides...they're tourists...what do they know?"

thepurplefoldercp.blogspot.com

Ted Flint is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by DarGoku368 View Post
    I wasnt aware supermarkets produced fake smells
    I'm assuming the comment refers to the various air fresheners that you can buy. I do know, how ever, that some stores do employ simple fragrances to entice customers.

My guess as to the difference between the Smellitizers and store-bought airfreshners would come down to realism and flexibility of use.

The major difference would be the realism to the smells- most store bought ones don't resemble anything close to their intended scent. The Disney ones are very realistic in scent (to the point that most Guests are fooled into thinking they smell the genuine article.)

Also, another difference I would find between the two is its practicality and flexibility of use. Store bought air fresheners spray a visible mist into the air, not the case with Disney's. Have you ever had complaints of being 'misted' in Main St or in Soarin'? The other major difference would be Disney's ability to control scents. Notice how the scents in Soarin' don't all amass as the ride continues on (I feel that the breezes play a strong part in that!)

It's amazing to think the number of attractions that use scent- the earliest (correct me if I'm wrong) would be Horizons. Then there's Journey into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Horizons, Main St Bakery... where else? Help me out Triviateers!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123