Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Ghosts at Walt Disney World?! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Haha, that would be awesome! To haunt a ride at WDW. Whoa man... I'm gonna have to remember that. When I die, I'll go to WDW and pick a ride! ...
    Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Haha, that would be awesome! To haunt a ride at WDW. Whoa man... I'm gonna have to remember that. When I die, I'll go to WDW and pick a ride!

I'm such a freak. Lmao.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch's buddy View Post
    PoTC is Pirate of the Caribbean

I also heard of on in the Haunted Manson about a women spread her daughter's ashes in the ride but I believe it was Disneyland's but i cant remember.

Another part of the George myth is that if a guest yells George doesn't exist the ride will stop. However I tried this a went through as normal.
    There have been multiple reports of "Cremains dumping" in various locations on property-SM, HM, PotC, ToT, SSE, and all have been reported, when learned of, by major media outlets. I posted a thread somewhere about this maybe 9 months ago after the latest report hit Fox news. Seems some folks think this is a great way to honor the dead loved one's love of WDW. While it seems a nice gesture, think for a moment about WDW cleanliness, and you will know where those cremains finally end up- the utilidors then the landfill, not such a great honor now is it? The better thing to do would be to dump them in the landscaping nearest that attraction, as most of the landscaping is permanent and the cremains would be environmentally friendly there.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 04-22-2008 at 10:58 AM. Reason: offering a "go green" alternative
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    hmm, thats kinda gross... some little kid probably thinks that they are just playing in the dirt and in reality it is someone's ashes?! yuck!!

sam1026 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I have been at Disney for several years and have worked both PotC and TOT. I had strange encounters at both. At Pirates several years ago i was on an over night stock team and were we getting the House of Treasure (now a stock room) ready for the nest day. We had the opportunity to visit the attraction back stage. One of the maintenance guys had showed us the way and we were taking it all in. Our guide had to answer the phone and walked down a few steps out of our site. We wanted to snap a picture so we asked another maintenance guy who walked up to click it as we stood by one of the props. The guy snapped the photo and walked off. About that time the other guy came back from his call. He asked if we wanted him to snap the shot and we let him know the other guy had done it. He looked at us kind of funny. He said no one else was there but him everyone else was at lunch and he was just on the phone with them. We then thought is may have been a custodial cast member but later learned they had not come to the attraction yet. Our maintenance guy mentioned George (it was my first time hearing of George) and I just dismissed it. Over the years I have had others tell me of there encounters with George and they all described the same person. So I am not sure if George snapped our photo or not but that night all were accounted for and we have no idea who it could have been. By the way the camera we had was a disposable one. All the pictures came out fine except for the one our unknown friend took. it was just a white blur.

EpcotCenter1 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    For those of you who do not know who George is, he was a construction worker who helped build WDW's POTC. When you ride through the scene where the mayor is being dunked in the well, the tallest tower you can see was the tower from which George fell to his death. You can see the tower again in the burning city scene. George's ghost has remained with the attraction and has become legend with all who have worked there..
    I've never heard of that version of the story.The story I learned was along these lines:Long before WDW opened,George was an aircraft pilot who crashed in Bay Lake.He barely survived the crash and swam toward the area that is now the Magic Kingdom.By the time he reached the site PoTC stands today,he died of his wounds.A similar version says he crashed near the Haunted Mansion now is,and also haunts it. Has any one else heard of these versions?
    -EC1

If you can dream it, you can do it!

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Quote Originally Posted by EpcotCenter1 View Post
    I've never heard of that version of the story.The story I learned was along these lines:Long before WDW opened,George was an aircraft pilot who crashed in Bay Lake.He barely survived the crash and swam toward the area that is now the Magic Kingdom.By the time he reached the site PoTC stands today,he died of his wounds.A similar version says he crashed near the Haunted Mansion now is,and also haunts it. Has any one else heard of these versions?
    lol...NEVER heard of those.
    Love, Kerri

Jetjaguar is offline D-Ticket Holder
    That would be a great 'Ghost Hunters' episode, checking out the ghosts at DisneyWorld!

9/2004 - Polynesian - first time at WDW!
    10/2005 - Not the Polynesian (Port Orleans)
    12/2006 - 1/2007 - Polynesian - Christmas & New Year's!
    10/2008 - Polynesian for Halloween!

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetjaguar View Post
    That would be a great 'Ghost Hunters' episode, checking out the ghosts at DisneyWorld!
    I thought the same thing back when this thread first opened but then realized that Disney probably wouldn't let them in. I think the whole Disney Ghosts thing adds to the magic a bit so if it was disproved and folks saw that episode there would be disappointment. If it was proved, some folks would never go again. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Love That Duck is offline D-Ticket Holder
    I watch Ghost Hunters too as the skeptic always debunking.

I've never heard about the "George Myth" but I am feeling a bit differently about an experience I had on WDW PoTC.

I went solo to MVMCP Dec. 2004. I was having the time of my life riding the attractions totally alone in many instances. Oh, boy, I thought, my fantasy to ride PoTC totally alone might come true. Just me, no one else in the ride, I'll have PoTC all to myself. I walk through the entire PoTC queue alone, I board the boat alone, no one in line, no one in boats ahead or behind me, I'm set. WooHoo off I go. It was FUN for about 3 min. Then, I began to feel uncomfortable and almost afraid. "This is silly", I tell myself but I was still looking around every inch of the ride realizing I was totally alone in the attraction and just waiting for it to end.

I arrive at the spot where you go under/through the bridge and it's so dark you cannot see your hand in front of your face. I will SWEAR to my dying day there was someone on in the darkness to the right as if standing under the bridge that was darker than the darkness. I literally screamed ouot loud and jumped to the left in the boat so quick that I fell over (thankfully not OUT). It was definitely not a CM. I've seen plenty of CMs standing inside dark attractions in my 53 years of going to Disney parks. LOL, but I must say that the CM monitoring the ride cameras probably wonderered what in the world was wrong with me, lol.

After that all I wanted was to get off that ride and I did not attend MVMCP solo in Dec. 05. I always thought my imagination and fear simply took over. But, now I'm wondering what in The World did I see???

I'm wondering, what IS the George Myth? Is there supposed to be a dead George inside PoTC?
    ~Jerry & Nancy~

Sept. 3 - Sunrise WEDDING Vow Renewal then Drive to WDW
    Sept. 4-16, 2011 - WDW HONEYMOON:
    Sept 4-9 - Pop Century
    Sept. 10-16 - Caribbean Beach

Pirate_Princess is offline A-Ticket holder
    I LOVE the George myth. I've wished him a good night on several occassions. And on the days I'm in Town Square and there is an evac on PotC, we all know someone forgot to wish George a goodnight/ morning.

There's also a ghost on HM. I don't remember the story very well, but there has been a guy seen walking the step off from the doombuggies converbelt after the ride has closed.
    Princess Jen (AKA: Pirate Princess)
    Dead men tell no tales.
    Remember, all you need to do is just BELIEVE!

Tmntrans is offline Fastpass Holder
    Hey Panda Girl..I'd love to have that list you say you got..please???lol

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by VonBaroketch View Post
    For those of you who do not know who George is, he was a construction worker who helped build WDW's POTC. When you ride through the scene where the mayor is being dunked in the well, the tallest tower you can see was the tower from which George fell to his death. You can see the tower again in the burning city scene. George's ghost has remained with the attraction and has become legend with all who have worked there. He was considered so real that at one time it was a requirement on the official opening and closing checklists for the castmembers to greet George. Since these were legal documents that could be seen by non-believers, George's greetings are an oral tradition now rather than on paper.
    This is the first time I have ever heard of his death being caused by falling from a tower. I had always heard it as someone put a metal pipe up, possibly the one to hold up the tower, and the pipe fell from it's place and landed on poor George. Either way, it's a gruesome death, and I was just wondering if maybe anyone could find official proof of how he died, because it sorta concerns me that his legend has been distorted over the year. I mean, for someone who so sadly on on of the best rides ever, people should know his true death, or mourning over him could be moot.
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

podperson09 is offline B-Ticket Holder
    george is a trouble maker that is for sure. little known ghost is from the jungle cruise. when the ride was being built a worker was crushed by one of the hippos being lowered into the hippo pool. to this day when skippers bring "dead boats" (boats with no guests to keep the boat rotation going) some skippers have seen him standing in the back of their boat, and the smell of cigarette smoke is often noticed at the same time, or around the hippo pool.
    Jack Kelly: If we go on strike, then we're a union. Right?
    David Jacobs: No. We're just a bunch of angry kids with no money.

Newsies The Unsung Hero of Disney Live Action...

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    By any chance podperson, are you a current skipper?

HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by podperson09 View Post
    george is a trouble maker that is for sure. little known ghost is from the jungle cruise. when the ride was being built a worker was crushed by one of the hippos being lowered into the hippo pool. to this day when skippers bring "dead boats" (boats with no guests to keep the boat rotation going) some skippers have seen him standing in the back of their boat, and the smell of cigarette smoke is often noticed at the same time, or around the hippo pool.
    "That is totally Wicked!"
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast