Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Ghosts at Walt Disney World?! in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I have heard before of the ghost on the PoTC ride....I wanted to find some information about it and I found this article where supposedly there are more on the ...
    britney05 is offline C-Ticket Holder

Smile Ghosts at Walt Disney World?!

I have heard before of the ghost on the PoTC ride....I wanted to find some information about it and I found this article where supposedly there are more on the ToT, Cinderella Castle and SSE...has anyone heard anything or experienced anything about these ghosts?!

Btw... here is the link to that article from Associated Content...

Disney World Ghosts: Haunting the Happiest Place on Earth - Associated Content

PS.... Going to Disney in 99 days!!

Mr. Imagineer is offline A-Ticket holder

Ghosts...

May I be noobish and ask...what is PoTC?

Well, that is interesting. I personally haven't seen these ghosts, but I'll ask a CM when I go to WDW in...

11 DAYS!!!!!!!!!
    There are three types of people in the world: People who can count and people who can't!

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    PoTC is Pirate of the Caribbean

I also heard of on in the Haunted Manson about a women spread her daughter's ashes in the ride but I believe it was Disneyland's but i cant remember.

Another part of the George myth is that if a guest yells George doesn't exist the ride will stop. However I tried this a went through as normal.
    Last edited by Stitch's buddy; 03-30-2008 at 04:39 PM.

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

aaron18 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Born in london england and now live in orlando florida
    im going to be working in epcot so ill go see if its true

albino_pygmy is offline The voice of the Jungle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch's buddy View Post
    Another part of the George myth is that if a guest yells George doesn't exist the ride will stop. However I tried this a went through as normal.
    That myth is false. George does affect the ride the following day if the pirates crew doesn't wish him a good night.

Panda_Girl is offline C-Ticket Holder
    I heard the George myth too, but you say his name 3 times and the ride breaks down.
    "So many people treat you like a kid, so you might as act like one and throw your T.V. out the hotel window."- Gerard Way

"Popsicles should be the new black, that way everyone would have one."- Frank Iero

"Tastes like someone stole my wallet, ya know?"- Gerard Way

jump2top08 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Lucky ghosts don't you think? They live in the best place on Earth!

SuperStarKerri is offline It's all good.
    Haha, yeah.
    I heard that "George isn't real" myth a long time ago. It's kind of an inside joke with the people I go to Disney World with. Everytime we ride PoTC, we say quietly "George isn't real" and usually at the jail scene, all the boats get backed up and we have to sit there for 5 minutes. But once when we did that, nothing happened.
    I first read about it here:Fun Facts of Adventureland's Pirates Caribbean
    Scroll down and you can read many stories about him. It's actually very interesting.
    Love, Kerri

VonBaroketch is offline B-Ticket Holder
    George does exist. Seriously, I personally have experienced too many occurances that can only be explained as George. Next to the jail scene is a door that mysteriously opens on its own, even when we have placed cinder blocks behind it to keep it shut. I do not know about guest doubt, but cast doubt verbally expressed does seem to affect the functioning of the ride, especially when a closer forgets or refuses to wish George a good-night over the intercom. One time, a new castmember was speaking ill about George when the fire alarm went off, requiring an evacuation of the ride building. The explanation for the fire alarm was smoke in the air-conditioning vent that drifted from Pecos Bills. Yet, how is it that this had never happened before in 30 years? Hmmm? My freakiest George experiences have come when walking behind the sets of the ride on the grated panels that float on puddles of water. You can tell when someone is standing on the panel behind you from the weight shift, but there have been many "weight shifts" on those panels when I was completely, or at least physically, alone.

For those of you who do not know who George is, he was a construction worker who helped build WDW's POTC. When you ride through the scene where the mayor is being dunked in the well, the tallest tower you can see was the tower from which George fell to his death. You can see the tower again in the burning city scene. George's ghost has remained with the attraction and has become legend with all who have worked there. He was considered so real that at one time it was a requirement on the official opening and closing checklists for the castmembers to greet George. Since these were legal documents that could be seen by non-believers, George's greetings are an oral tradition now rather than on paper.
    Ludwig von Baroketch
    Kapellmeister, Gracey Estate
    Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur

One of the Ad Libbers I know had a freaky George experience when they were at unload during an evac, and they were messing around with a little hand held game and it started floating in mid air for a split second and was tossed in the river. They'll never slack on the job ever again after that moment :P

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    I certainly agree with the above comment that these are darn lucky ghosts to be living in the Happiest Place on Earth. I believe in ghosts but I believe they "haunt" that to which they are attached for some reason so I gotta say that I'm a little iffy on the SSE and ToT ghosts since no one has died there or lived there. I think those are more fun fiction between CMs than anything... sort of as many of the rumors CMs make up for guests are.

As I understand it however, the myth of George has been dispelled using records documenting construction accidents and deaths on property showing that it never happened and he didn't exist. That said however you can find tons of sites out there referencing the story so one has to wonder. Disney has never been one to cover up on-site accidents well so I have to harbor some doubt that something like that happened without it making the news in some way. Still... it's fun to think there may be someone there, watching over us all as we travel our way through the river. I for one would certainly cast aside all doubt if I worked the attraction and be sure to wish him good morning and good evening each day.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJenn View Post
    I certainly agree with the above comment that these are darn lucky ghosts to be living in the Happiest Place on Earth. I believe in ghosts but I believe they "haunt" that to which they are attached for some reason so I gotta say that I'm a little iffy on the SSE and ToT ghosts since no one has died there or lived there. I think those are more fun fiction between CMs than anything... sort of as many of the rumors CMs make up for guests are.

As I understand it however, the myth of George has been dispelled using records documenting construction accidents and deaths on property showing that it never happened and he didn't exist. That said however you can find tons of sites out there referencing the story so one has to wonder. Disney has never been one to cover up on-site accidents well so I have to harbor some doubt that something like that happened without it making the news in some way. Still... it's fun to think there may be someone there, watching over us all as we travel our way through the river. I for one would certainly cast aside all doubt if I worked the attraction and be sure to wish him good morning and good evening each day.
    Ex nay on the ornings may, he's not a morning person, let him sleep in

Quote Originally Posted by albino_pygmy View Post
    Ex nay on the ornings may, he's not a morning person, let him sleep in
    All see good, something George and I have in common. LOL!
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde

I found out the hard way, I was backstage in pirates and knew about George and thought it would be nice to wish him a good morning before the park opened. Big mistake. Later that day, pirates broke down 3 or 4 times which lead to multiple evacs, and guess where all the angry evac'd guests went? Straight to the jungle, clogging up the already long FP line. I actually think the FP line was longer than standby line, and people thought I was nuts when I suggested to wait in standby and use their re-ad's elsewhere. I found out later that day that you weren't supposted to wish him a good morning, only good nights.

Well now I'm also suddenly glad you are no longer a CM. LMAO!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast