Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Disney Wedding in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Hey everybody! ..just wondering if anyone has experienced a Disney Wedding at wdw, because i have wanted to get married there since i was a little girl, and the time ...
    Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder

Talking Disney Wedding

Hey everybody!..just wondering if anyone has experienced a Disney Wedding at wdw, because i have wanted to get married there since i was a little girl, and the time comes sooner and sooner!!!!

p.s. I heard that after the year of a million dreams, the team that runs Disney Fairytale Weddings is trying to get the Cinderella Suite for their clients' WEDDING NIGHT! how romantic and magical would that be!!

(((PICTURES, STORIES, VIDEOS would be great!)))
    In a world of my own.......

WenD2ndStar is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Hi! I can't say I experienced myself, but the last time I was at Disney, I ate dinner at The Biergarten (where you sit in group tables with people you don't know), and ended up meeting a great couple who were getting married there. They were set to get married the next week, so here is the bit that I learned from them:

1. VERY easy to plan, because Disney does everything for you--LOW stress in that area
    2. It costs a lot per guest, so they had to limit the amount of people they could have there due to cost (but they said they still invited a lot of people who they knew couldn't make the trip)
    3. The bride and I exchanged emails and she sent me a link to the official Disney Wedding photos--it was BEAUTIFUL!! She was brought to the ceremony by Cinderella's horse-drawn carriage, and Minnie and Mickey came to the reception in full wedding clothes, and posed with all the guests.

That's not a lot of info, but hopefully an ok start. You can also check out:
    www.disneyweddings.com

Wendy

GIOny is offline Premium Annual Passholder
    I've never been to one but I've read stories about them, mostly positive but also some negative. They now have a Disney registry that you can sign up for to help offset the cost of your resort/tickets/dinners etc.. Let us know what your plans are when it gets closer
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible!

Keasmom is offline DisneyWorldTrivia.com Lifetime Pass
    Sounds like a great plan. There is a thread in Miscellaneous, entitled "I am so jealous of her wedding", some really great pics and ideas (well, if budget is no object). But ideas anyway.

Also, though not a WDW wedding, Iheartpeterpan had some fab decorating so it is worth a look if only for ideas.
    Last edited by Keasmom; 05-19-2008 at 06:30 PM. Reason: incomplete thought
    P.U.S.H.-A mantra MOST will not understand.

Disney rocks, Walt was a genius.

mini-V is offline Home at last near Mickey!
    I've also heard that the wedding planners would like to stake a claim to the castle suite, but I've not heard that they were successful in their bid.
    mini-V What will you celebrate?

Adult daycare for the kid inside you.

racherracher99 is offline Unfortunately, this user's actions have resulted in him/her being BANNED from the site
    Well hope u get some wedding planner to do so

MayBWeRMnt2B is offline living happily ever after...
    I had a Disney Wedding all planned and whatnot, however did not experience it yet. I will probably have another disney wedding planned for sometime next spring at the rate things are going, and this one I will get to experience!

Anyway, any questions there are some wedding planning threads on here somewhere, and articles called "here comes the disney bride" that I wrote about it.
    - Jeanne

Engaged at Sunset Point - July 17th, 2008
    Married at Sunset Point - March 3, 2009
    Disney World & Disneyland Honeymoon

Aulani - September 2011

Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart.
    And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes.
    They're shining deep down inside of you.
    'Cause that my friends is where the magic lives

I heartpeterpan is offline "Just Keep Swimming"
    I watched an episode on the travel channel recently about disney weddings it was so cool. Here is a link to some cool videos on Disney Weddings
    YouTube - Disney's Fairytale Weddings & Honeymoons (Part 1 of 2)
    Disney Family Vacation 2006 -POP Century

Disney Honeymoon 2007- Dolphin

Disney Graduation/Anniversary Celebration 2010 Caribbean Beach

Pluto40 is offline A-Ticket holder
    i got married at Disney in the pavilion. it was probably the most fun ive ever had (the days before, the wedding day, reception and the few days after that we stayed at Disney) and im the guy.

edit for triple post
    Last edited by Pluto40; 06-18-2008 at 02:41 PM.

edit for triple post
    Last edited by Pluto40; 06-18-2008 at 02:40 PM.

tap1023r is offline A-Ticket holder

Soon to be married at WDW

I am having a Disney Fairytale Wedding this December on Walt Disney's Birthday Ther ceremony is at the wedding pavilion, the reception at Atlantic Dance Hall, and a dessert party in the UK in EPCOT...I am going for my planning session next week and can let you know more details after my wedding on Dec 5th!!!

PolynesianMedic is offline Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to a Paramedic
    Here is a link to my story and if you scroll down the page to the 9th post, you will see a link to my photo's. Enjoy!

My Disney Wedding. . . - Walt Disney Boards - Message Boards & Forum Discussing The Genius Of Walter Elias Disney!
    My Blog
    My Photo's

"Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney

Optimus Stitch is offline Count down to Florida Vacation begins!!!!
    I have been to the Wedding Pavilion. It is beautiful!!!
    My dream is to play all day long at WDW!!!!

Wonderland16 is offline A-Ticket holder

Re: Disney Wedding

thank you everyone for the links and pictures and comments!!! they were all extremely helpful! looking forward to updates from those of you who are NOW MARRIED!!!!!
    In a world of my own.......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast