Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Secrets of WDW Discuss Five-Legged Goat in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Here's a snapshot of the famous 5-legged goat at the Contemporary. (Sorry, it's kind of a crappy quality photo ) If you take the escalator to the monorail, it's on ...
    emobelle is offline Fastpass Holder

Five-Legged Goat

Here's a snapshot of the famous 5-legged goat at the Contemporary.

(Sorry, it's kind of a crappy quality photo ) If you take the escalator to the monorail, it's on your left side as you go up, facing the monorail track. I have no clues as to why it's there -- it was obviously intentional -- so if anyone knows, please share!

Another fun bit of info, the four-sided mural in the canyon took 1,800 pieces of one square foot tiles and eighteen months to construct.

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Welcome to the board! Sorry, but I couldn't link to your photo. You will find the answer to your ? and many others on this site. The easiest way is to use the "Search" feature. or if you are lucky, Lou will answer it for you. He is one of the most knowledgeable persons concerning WDW in the world. You will love his book.
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by emobelle
    Here's a snapshot of the famous 5-legged goat at the Contemporary.

I have no clues as to why it's there -- it was obviously intentional -- so if anyone knows, please share!
    I know why it's there! Last time I was there on a tour the front desk manager told my group this story.

The lady who designed the mural is (was?) a very famous artist ... sady I don't recall her name. Anyway she believed that no piece of art could be perfect, so she gave the mural an imperfect creature (the five legged goat) to symbolize her imperfection as an artist.

- Clara

tiggerguy is online now All Around Good Guy
    clara said

The lady who designed the mural is (was?) a very famous artist .....
    Her name was Mary Blair, she also designed the facade of it's a small world at Disneyland
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

clara is offline B-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by tiggerguy
    Her name was Mary Blair, she also designed the facade of it's a small world at Disneyland
    Thanks! I totally lost it from my memory. I was hoping someone knew.

- Clara

kree is offline C-Ticket Holder
    She also worked on Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan, and The Three Caballeros.
    Additionally, she also designed the facade of It's A Small World at DL.

kylewhit89 is offline Annual Passholder
    that is interesting
    Around here, however, we don't look backwards for very long. We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things... and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. - Walt Disney

buccool is offline See my avatar. You know you love him
    Thats an awesome find
    Remember without Disneyland there would be no mr.toad FOREVER
    for belle and her fight