Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Small tidbit I learned from a Cast Member. in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91 Lol how funny would that be. SLEEP OVER IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!! Meet me in the wigwams near the River of the Americas. Haha, I was ...
    MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFREAK91
    Lol how funny would that be. SLEEP OVER IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!! Meet me in the wigwams near the River of the Americas.
    Haha, I was thinking of the same area as a hideout if I were to attempt something so silly and foolish. Of course I wouldn't, but I'd like to think I could. I was definitely thinking of something down in that area, around the back of frontierland/rivers of america area, back along the railroad tracks.

By the way, anybody else noticed the Liberty Belle back there recently? It's been hidden away back there for refurbishment, but you can still see if briefly from the train if you take a look back and to your left as you cross the river.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Conceited Ape is offline 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy.
    Great call with the info from Snopes.com, Joey. For the record, though, I'm 99% sure that was Disneyland where that little incident went down at, and not WDW (for whatever that's worth, if it maybe makes anyone feel any better. Still, I'm willing to bet gettin' from Tom Sawyer's place back to the mainland is a bit trickier than it seems).

I think I brought up this point earlier when some of us were discussing the possibilities of after-hours shenanigans in the Haunted Mansion--maybe it wasn't this good a few years back, but take it from me on this one: whenever you're in Disneyland, smile. You're on camera pretty much everywhere you go (exception is inside a stall in the bathroom). I'm willing to bet security at WDW is at least as good as it is on the west coast, so unless you wanna camp out on a toilet seat with your feet up all night, chances are very, very good you'll be shown to the door.

(And yeah, I do mean those cameras are everywhere. The castmembers who shared this one with me were venting their frustrations after their shift regarding two other employees who were caught getting intimate in one of the giant walk-in freezers where food for The French Market Grill is stored. These randy kids were given their pink slips, and every bit of food in that fridge was declared unfit to be served, and was scrapped. What a waste. Can't help but hear the voice of Indiana Jones in my head with the line "That's more food than these people eat in a week....they're starving." Still, I guess it's comforting that Disney takes sanitation and taking care of the guests as seriously as they do.)
    "The society that draws too great of a distinction between its scholars and its warriors will end up having its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools." --probably Thucydides

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    By the way, anybody else noticed the Liberty Belle back there recently? It's been hidden away back there for refurbishment, but you can still see if briefly from the train if you take a look back and to your left as you cross the river.
    I tried to get some pictures of it from the train, but ended up with mostly shots of the bridge supports. But you can kind of see it in this one.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

magikindom is offline It's Yeti time!
    My friends father who is in his 60s was at Disney World with a very large group. THey where eating in the mexican resturant and he fell asleep the booth. When he woke up it was past midnight and a cast member helped him out of the park.
    So if you want to hid in EPCOT just lay down in the mexican resturant.
    I'm only happy in Disney World
    I am still a proud pod person
    Keep on babbeling

BryanFykes is offline D-Ticket Holder
    Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    edit: From Snopes:

When they decided to leave the island a few hours later, they chose to swim across the river rather than call attention to their rule-breaking by appealing to cast members for help.
    This had to be Cali, There are occasionally Gators in the ROA. Pest services usually relocates them to another part of property, but they still show up from time to time. No thanks, I'll stick to the pool!
    Remember the most important Service guidline-

"Always preserve the Magic"

BellHopper is offline C-Ticket Holder
    ive always heard that it happened in Cali, but such a tragic story.

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Just out of curiousity..bc you all know how curious i am..If you hide and the CMs find you would you get in trouble...what are the consequences..all i am saying is a disney trip is near for me in the future..hehe jk lol but really what will happen?

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

Well Bri, my best guess is you would get obviously kicked out for the night, and maybe FOREVER! but i doubt it'd be that serious. of course just my best guess, but being a girl i doubt you'd get as harsh a punishment.

Winnie is offline Fastpass Holder
    Justing thinking while scrolling this long group of posts regarding hiding overnight in the parks....if you win the chance to sleep in the castle you won't have to hide to stay in the park overnight!
    BETH ~ I BELIEVE in Make Believe,Dreams & Wishes
    Is It time To Go Back Yet??
    Happy DVC Member - Beach Club Villas
    BCV - October 2011 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival (Met up with Lou and the Walk-about Crew! Met Deanna!
    Met the Petermans!)
    BCV - October 2010 - Family Trip & Food & Wine Festival and MNNSHP!!!
    BCV - June 2009 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2008 - MNNSHP-Just the two of us!
    BCV - May 2008 - Flower & Garden/Epcot - Just the two of us!
    BCV - January 2008 - Marathon Weekend - Just the two of us! (We finally got to meet Lou & his wonderful family)
    BCV - May 2007 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2006 – Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    ASM & BCV - June 2006 – Family Trip, Flower & Garden/Epcot and Star Wars!!!
    BCV - October 2005 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    OKW & BWV - March 2005 - Quick and needed fun trip! Just the two of us!
    BCV - June 2004 - Family Trip
    BCV - October 2003 - Family Trip, Anniversary, Food and Wine/Epcot & MNSHHP!!!!
    BC - Honeymoon- April 2002
    Off Site - 1997 - I was a poor college student staying with my favorite aunt!

disney fanatic is offline I don't wanna hurt you, I wanna KISS YOU!
    Quote Originally Posted by BellHopper View Post
    Well Bri, my best guess is you would get obviously kicked out for the night, and maybe FOREVER! but i doubt it'd be that serious. of course just my best guess, but being a girl i doubt you'd get as harsh a punishment.
    Hmmm...Brian was just trying to hink up a harsh punishment for a girl who goes to Disney as much as possible...Good try Bri(sounds like Bry) lol well whatever.they wouldn't ban me from the park forever because then they would lose too much Business!!

He won't win the MVP or be voted into the Hall of Fame........then again, some heroes don't play games.

Ms.HwithaBSwithaCT

i can think of a much worse one, but thats the DSP's job. hahaha kidding.

Politzania is offline A-Ticket holder

Books with a similar topic

Has anyone here read The Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson? It's a young adult novel where 5 kids, who were chosen to become holographic Park Hosts are able to visit the Magic Kingdom at night via their holograms. Spooky action ensues - DH and I listened to the audiobook version earlier this year and enjoyed it.

The Free Lunch by Spider Robinson also has someone hiding out in a Disney-like amusement park, with supernatural results.

lovedisprinces is offline Annual Passholder
    kind of off topic, but where can you get that book Kingdom keepers?
    "L'amour brille sous les étoiles Illuminant leur cœur Sa lumière
    Eclaire à l'infini Un sublime espoir" -so i dont really speak french but would love to would u amour to?

3 times w/i the celebration
    I'm a millionaire who got to the hot seat

Politzania is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by lovedisprinces View Post
    kind of off topic, but where can you get that book Kingdom keepers?
    Amazon.com carries it - you might check Borders/Barnes & Noble/ Books-A-Million-type stores in the young adult section.

goleafstuba is offline A-Ticket holder
    I really enjoyed the book.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast