Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Small tidbit I learned from a Cast Member. in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Last time I was at Disney World, I had the privilage to ride in the front of the monorail. We got talking with the driver, and he told us how ...
    Mickey626 is offline B-Ticket Holder

Small tidbit I learned from a Cast Member.

Last time I was at Disney World, I had the privilage to ride in the front of the monorail. We got talking with the driver, and he told us how they get people out of the parks after it's closed. First, they shut down all the rides, so people will just go to shops and food places. Next they shut down those places, and finally, they shut down everything else. It's not much, I know. One time, they had some guy who was reading in the Crystal Palace for a looooooooong time, and he wouldn't move. He said "but I like it here!" .......strange. I wonder if people hide in places like the caves in TSI or something, and people never find them, and then they're stuck there overnight

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    The CMs tend to know all the good hiding spots and are sure to check them before the park's officially closed. (And I doubt you'd get stuck - the park is hardly empty at night. A large contingent of CMs are there to prepare it for the next day...)

MainStreet, USA is offline I'm walking right down the middle of Main Street, USA!
    Southington, CT/Daytona Beach, FL/ Main Street, USA!
    When I was younger, I used to wonder if I'd be able to hide someplace and remain in the park overnight, but obviously I never actually attempted to carry out this plan, haha.

I think most parks use kind of the same basic strategy for clearing out a park at the end of the day. The one i work at during the summer does pretty much the same thing. Little by little we start shutting down the food stands in outter wings of the parks, and then then at the official closing time, all the rides close off their lines and just finish off what's already in the queue's, and then shut down for the night. Park security then moves up to kind of prevent people from wandering back further into the park and pretty much contains the guests in the front part of the park. The shops and food stands in the front remain open for a little while longer as people file out, and then finally they are the last to close once everyone is gone. It seems to work pretty well, and I'm sure this is about what Disney and most theme/amusement parks do at closing time.
    -Don-
    Your heart can just take wing,
    You can live out all your dreams...
    ...it's time to Remember the Magic!
    Yo Ho, Yo Ho, A Pilot's Life for Me...

Ah well.....I guess that's common news. He also pointed out where the monorail repair barn was, but I think we all know that too, don't we

mickey626's List O' Trips to the World:
    2000- (November) Disney's Wilderness Lodge & Villas
    2003- (October) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2004- (November) Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villas
    2005 (March) Disney's Polynesian Resort
    2005 (December) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2007- (May) Disney's Beach Club Resort & Villas
    2009- (March) UPCOMING Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 3/17-3/18!!!
    2010- (TBD) Disney's Wilderness Lodge (WDW) OR Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (DLR)

disneyveteran is offline 24 trips to the World and counting
    I too leave in 9 days, 22 hours. Enjoy your Easter weekend in the happiest place in the world.
    TINA

2009 April Boardwalk & Beach Club Villas
    2008 July Polynesian Conceierge
    2008 March Beach Club Villas
    2007 July Contemporary Concierge
    2007 April Grand Floridian Concierge/Beach Club Villas
    2006 July The Villas at the Wilderness Lodge
    2006 April Polynesian Concierge
    2005 Contemporary/Grand Floridian Concierge
    2004 Grand Floridian Concierge
    2003 Polynesian Concierge
    2002 Beach Club Villas
    2001 Polynesian
    2000 Polynesian

Kellie19891992 is offline Annual Passholder
    wheres the monrorail repair barn?

The monorail repair barn is behind the Magic Kingdom. There's a seperate track branching off from the main one that leads to it.

mickey626's List O' Trips to the World:
    2000- (November) Disney's Wilderness Lodge & Villas
    2003- (October) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2004- (November) Disney's Contemporary Resort & Villas
    2005 (March) Disney's Polynesian Resort
    2005 (December) Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge & Villas
    2007- (May) Disney's Beach Club Resort & Villas
    2009- (March) UPCOMING Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort 3/17-3/18!!!
    2010- (TBD) Disney's Wilderness Lodge (WDW) OR Disney's Grand Californian Hotel (DLR)

PumpkinJack81 is offline Some say to survive it you need to be as a mad as a hatter...
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStreet, USA
    When I was younger, I used to wonder if I'd be able to hide someplace and remain in the park overnight
    Wouldn't that have been the best night of your life? Just as long as no CMs or maint. were around. Everyone leaves and you go wild!
    ~Bobby Jack

When you hear the knell of a requiem bell weird glows gleam where spirits dwell
    Restless bones etherealize rise as spooks of every size
    Grim grinning ghosts come out to socialize!

Tampa is offline No longer in service
    edit: From Snopes:

June 1973: Bogden Delaurot, an 18-year-old Brooklyn resident, drowned trying to swim across the Rivers of America. Delaurot and his 10-year-old brother managed to stay on Tom Sawyer Island past its dusk closing time by climbing the fence separating the island from the burning settlers' cabin. When they decided to leave the island a few hours later, they chose to swim across the river rather than call attention to their rule-breaking by appealing to cast members for help. Because the younger brother did not know how to swim, Delaurot tried to carry him on his back as he swam to shore. Bogden Delaurot went down about halfway across the river. The younger boy remained afloat by dogpaddling until a ride operator hauled him aboard a boat, but Bogden was nowhere to be found. His body was not located by searchers until the next morning.

I think I'll hide somewhere else..
    Last edited by Tampa; 05-28-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Disnatic is offline C-Ticket Holder
    wow......
    DISNATIC

Four Parks, One World

megolson is offline B-Ticket Holder
    I never realized how many people have died at the Disney Parks. I always thought the guy that died and was on the news for the TMRailroad one was the first.
    Disneyland #1 1992
    Disneyland #2 1994
    Tokyo Disney Oct-1997
    Disney World #1 June 1999
    Disney World #2 Dec-Jan 2000
    Disney World #3 Nov.-2004
    (My kids and Husbands first time)

Disney World #4 Sept. 3rd-10th, 2005 (Going back for more!!)

cjdiggs is offline C-Ticket Holder
    When I work at Epcot this last Spring, one of my roles was to clear the World Showcase. What we would do is wait til about 10 pm or and hour after park closes and start at the American Adventure then in groupd of two we go in opposite direction checking each country as we go. I am not sure how they clear at other parks but thats how we do it at Epcot

DissyLove is offline Wendy's real. I've seen her, so don't even start with me.
    That is very interesting, cj. So, you think if I paint myself eggshell white I could blend in with a pillar at the American Adventure and hide out?!??!

I am actually a bit suprised that people trying to hide out in the parks happens that much, but yea, it would be kinda cool to sort of have it all to myself...hmm...can I get a can of paint thru security?

hahahaha
    I am in need of some Disney magic!!

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    You wouldn't have it all to yourself at all - there's an army of "third shift" CMs who come out at night

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    It would be neat if you could have the park for yourself but have all the rides work perfectly as well as excellent food prepared and waiting for you. Oh, well, I guess I will just have to dream.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast