Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tinkerbell in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I just thought of something... We all know that Tink's flight signaled the start of Fantasy in the Sky. Well, did she still fly down when the Castle was that ...
    olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I just thought of something...

We all know that Tink's flight signaled the start of Fantasy in the Sky. Well, did she still fly down when the Castle was that dreadful cake? The spire that she usually flies down from was a candle, and I was wondering if (s)he could get up there.
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    I wish sHE was in Wishes. The past 20 or so times i have seen it sHE has not been in it. could someone please verify. Much appreciated.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    Tinkerbell flies during Wishes! Just not right at the beginning. The wind/weather conditions have to be just right, though. She won't fly if it is windy, raining, or if lightning is in the area.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

Quote Originally Posted by olmec26
    I just thought of something...

We all know that Tink's flight signaled the start of Fantasy in the Sky. Well, did she still fly down when the Castle was that dreadful cake? The spire that she usually flies down from was a candle, and I was wondering if (s)he could get up there.
    That's a good question! I just dug through some of my photos, and her um, "flight path" is still there. I don't remember if she flew, though.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Quote Originally Posted by disneydame2004
    Tinkerbell flies during Wishes! Just not right at the beginning. The wind/weather conditions have to be just right, though. She won't fly if it is windy, raining, or if lightning is in the area.
    I wonder if (s)he gets paid for those nights?
    -Taylor

Summer Sun is offline Wishing a certain someone would take me to Neverland
    On Saturday I had PERFECT conditions for Wishes. There wasnt a brush of wind in the air and the fireworks went straight up and yet sHE wasnt there. Maybe it was my luck that evening.
    Walt Disney World
    Where Dreams Come True
    Celebrating 35 Years
    Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom

geeky91 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I think that it's stupid to have a man be Tinkerbell/bill. I think that if a man does it, they are probably really poor and need alot of money. Personally, I would never try for the part. (P.S. YECH!!!!!)
    Already packing for the trip of a lifetime!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Summer Sun
    On Saturday I had PERFECT conditions for Wishes. There wasnt a brush of wind in the air and the fireworks went straight up and yet sHE wasnt there. Maybe it was my luck that evening.
    Maybe Cap't Hook caught her.

Here is a photo from last August - it's a bit far away, but it will give you an idea of what she looks like flying.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Stitch is offline Blogger, Artist, Creative Genius
    Heck, if a girl could play peter pan, why can't a guy play tink?

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch

What has this world come to?!?! Next thing, Capt. Hook will be played by a corcodile and the croc will be played by a sea captain!
    -Taylor

tiggerguy is offline All Around Good Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Stitch

I see your point Stitch, but one of the reasons Peter is played by a female is because of her usually smaller stature
    Brian
    WDWRadio Moderator

lovetink is offline A-Ticket holder
    I just took the "Keys to the Kindom" tour on 3/19 and this is the offical word on Tink:
    there are 3 girls (1 full-time, 1 P/T and 1 sub) they cannot weigh only 90-95 LBS and with the harness and gear the weight is then 165 LBS! Disney will not allow her to fly in high wind, lightning or if the wire is loose. The flight takes 28 seconds, the wire is 750 feet long and one tech goes up with her to get her ready and give her a push. For me, Tinkerbell is the coolest part of Wishes.

mickeym2 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When we visit, usually in May, we always sit infront of the main street ice cream parlor to watch the fireworks. You can get a very good look at Tink flying down the wire and see the guys catching her at the end. We've been to WDW every year since 2000 and have never seen a man do this job. It's always been a girl in full face makeup and wig.

yoda_5729 is offline A-Ticket holder
    Hi, I honestly don't know about the ***.....though I have seen Tink fly on several occasions....one time I think I saw Goofy as Santa on christmas as well. Here's a closer pic of Tink I took last winter. It's a little clearer, though you still cant's see his/her body I think it's a pretty good pic though as Tink is VERY, VERY hard to get a picture of.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

yoda and mickeym2!

Did you know (and my apologies if this is already on the boards somewhere - just remember reading it recently)....

When Tinkerbell flies from the castle, you never see her right at the tower. She doesn't light up until she's about 10 feet from the turret. Why? Because of the forced perspective used to make the castle look taller than it is! If you saw Tink right at the tower she starts from, she'd look huge compared to the building! So she'll start her flight and then they light her up when she's far enough away to not ruin the effect.

Where you stand to watch Wishes makes a big difference in the show and your ability to see Tink's flight. To get a closer view, find a spot between main st. and tomorrowland, as close to the wire as you can.

BTW, that wire is "Cinderella's clothes line" or "How the Castle gets Cable TV" for those who believe in pixie dust (or have inquisitive children).
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast