Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tinkerbell in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; I wanna be Tinkerbell!...
    Belle1313 is offline When I Wish Upon A Star, I Wish To Go To WDW

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - Disney Expert, Host, Author, Speaker and Entrepreneur
    So do I... oh... umm..... nevermind.

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    Tinkerbell also gets paid $200 a night.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    WHAT. Thats ridiculous. Is it the exact same person every night or do they rotate every once in a while? I'm sure they each have different dayjobs and stuff... right?
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

The_Heat is offline Scourge of Lake Superior
    i'm sure they rotate, I'm not too knowledgeable about it, I've never met her or even seen her in the tunnels.

The day I do, I'm finding out everything I can.

I don't know though, I'd want a lot more than $200 if I had to go down that line, in the dark.
    All the people will look up and shout: "Save us!" and I'll whisper...'no'.

Who watches the watchmen?

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by AKQJ10
    So do I... oh... umm..... nevermind.

I can see it! The blonde wig, the tights, the little green slippers with the pom-poms, the green dress, and the wings......
    Izzy

flip654 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I worked at EPCOT we wre told that is quit often played by a man!! Abd they quite often broke fingers etc because of the speed of the flight!!

i do remeber the first time I saw it though..I nearly fell over laughing!!

zcook9 is offline Not close enough to the magic!
    I have not seen this show before. Does anyone know where I can see a show... instead of making the trip to Magic Kingdom ... maybe a download?
    Laura
    DISNEY SCRAPPER

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Try the Downloads swection...I'm pretty sure they've got it there, although Tink doesn't fly ion that one because there's lightening...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    I would slide down a poll for 200 bucks a night!! Umm... NOT LIKE THAT!!!

BillyC is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Heat
    Tinkerbell also gets paid $200 a night.
    Correction: she gets paid $500 and has life insurance.

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    I also found out that there are three women and one man who are Tinkerbell.
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

disneygirl23 is offline A-Ticket holder

Tinkerbell

I wanted to be tinkerbell the first time I saw her fly. A CM overheard me and told me it is the second most requested character position in Disney. My one friend tried out for the position and they said she looked too chubby with the lights on her. I guess 28 seconds reveals every curve you never knew you had. LOL
    Wished on a magic star and woke up in sunny Disney . Ate a poison apple and ended up back in snowy Ohio . Go figure!

emobelle is offline Fastpass Holder
    In Wishes, it was originally the Blue Fairy who flew, but everyone was all ornery that it wasn't Tink so they put her back in. You actually still hear Jiminy say, "Look, it's the Blue Fairy!" Now they just do blue fireworks on that part and then you hear her voice. On the part where Tink flies out, there's not really a flourish in the music and they don't talk about her coming, and that's why -- because they changed it back after the music and everything was already finalized. They worked it pretty well, but if you know about it already, you can tell that they switched it at the last minute.

Also, for the CMs, Tink's room is on your left if you're on the way from wardrobe to Tomorrowland right after the little hill in the tunnel. There's a little plaque by the door that says Tinkerbell's Flight. I've never actually been past there at the right time, and I don't know if you'd actually be able to see what goes on in there, but maybe you could at least get a glimpse of Tink up close?
    George Bob Skippy S.I.R.
    June 20, 1995 - October 11, 2003

Bon Voyage

"...for once it might be grand to have someone understand, I want so much more than they've got planned..." -Belle

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

soooo...

Quote Originally Posted by disneygirl23
    I wanted to be tinkerbell the first time I saw her fly. A CM overheard me and told me it is the second most requested character position in Disney. My one friend tried out for the position and they said she looked too chubby with the lights on her. I guess 28 seconds reveals every curve you never knew you had. LOL
    So what is the first most requested position? I feel I should probably know but I have to ask.....

Also, I have a story about my Keys to the Kingdom tour 5 years ago: When the tour guide had us all standing near the castle telling us about something or other, a man asked "what is that wire from the castle for?" John, our guide said that one day Cinderella got bored and decided she wanted Cable so she could watch the Disney Channel, so that's how the cable is hooked up! We went underground later and after John's speech about not taking pictures (we had to swear to Walt that we wouldn't) he said, "and by the way, I didn't want to lie to you sir, but I told the story about Cinderella's cable TV in case a child nearby may have overheard my answer. The line is there because every night before the fireworks, Tinkerbell flies from the top of the castle, and the line is there as extra insurance in case her wings aren't working well that night!" I thought it was very cute (kids under 16 aren't allowed to go on this tour so as not to ruin the magic, so he was able to tell the truth once we were backstage, but still said it in such a way that sounded magical even though we were all adults!)

Selena

P.S. If you are over 16 and have never been on the KTTK tour, I know it's like $50 a person (well, it was 5 years ago, probably more now) it is TOTALLY worth it. It starts in the morning usually and takes about 6 hours. BTW, Is there a thread on this forum about backstage tours? I haven't found one but I'll keep looking....
    Last edited by miakoda; 05-23-2005 at 10:41 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast