Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tinkerbell in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Originally Posted by dzney4lyf I would slide down a poll for 200 bucks a night!! Umm... NOT LIKE THAT!!! ..bummer...
    Tampa is offline No longer in service
    Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    I would slide down a poll for 200 bucks a night!! Umm... NOT LIKE THAT!!!
    ..bummer

last time I went I camped out right under the wire at 9:55... only to have it rain 9:59. (or whatever wishes hours are)

Sam I Am is offline L'Originale - Keeping you behind the rope
    Selena, the favorite "onstage" explanation I've heard has to do with the blue fairy drawing a line for Tink to follow during the fireworks so she doesn't get lost.

It's additionally useful, as it also tells people how they can find a spot to see the fireworks where they'll see Tinkerbell fly. (If you can see the blue fairy's line, you'll see tinkerbell following it!)

Lou Mongello is offline Lou Mongello (AKQJ10) - WDW Trivia Book Author and Site Owner/Admin
    Other explanations I've heard include:

It's Cinderella's clothes line
    It's for cable TV
    Telephone lines

Lou Mongello
    Host, Author & Site Owner
    AKQJ10 >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

miakoda is offline C-Ticket Holder
    One Hour from WDW! Nah Nah Nah Boo Boo! sorry.

Smart Kid

I was telling my friend about this site and she was checking out some of my entries....she read the one about Tinkerbell and the story by the KTTK guide. She told me once she was there and heard a little girl, about 4 or 5, ask a CM what the wire was for. He gave her the cable for Cinderella story and she looked very confused and said, "but doesn't cable run underground?" I would love to have seen the look on the CM's face!

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    I still like the Blue Fairy's line explanation...
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

tjcoolgirl15 is offline I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    My Keys to the Kingdom Guide mentioned there are at least 2 Tinkerbells played by (petite!) women and they must weigh between 105 and 115 pounds. Too light they won't make the flight and get stuck, too heavy they'll crash and knock over the guys catching them...ouch! There are men with a mattress who catch her each night and as well as men who "give her the boot" out of the Castle. She never mentioned any men playing the role of Tinkerbell herself. Our guide also stated Tinkerbell has full face make-up and wig on....I guess in case you might actually catch a glimpse of her face?

So what has everyone else been told about Tinkerbell and her flight?
    My Keys to the Kingdom guide said the same thing, and that to audition for the role/practice the heights, she is lifted by a crane and swung around several times!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, just a dream away!
    Prince Charming, will you marry me?
    I saw on TV that listening to Mozart makes you smart. So if you listen to Elvis, you'll become a GENIUS!

pezheadval is offline A-Ticket holder
    Quote Originally Posted by emobelle
    In Wishes, it was originally the Blue Fairy who flew, but everyone was all ornery that it wasn't Tink so they put her back in. You actually still hear Jiminy say, "Look, it's the Blue Fairy!" Now they just do blue fireworks on that part and then you hear her voice. On the part where Tink flies out, there's not really a flourish in the music and they don't talk about her coming, and that's why -- because they changed it back after the music and everything was already finalized. They worked it pretty well, but if you know about it already, you can tell that they switched it at the last minute.
    Very interesting! I wondered about that!
    ~ Val ~

pezheadval is offline A-Ticket holder
    My hubby got a great pic of Tink at our last trip. Usually we just get a blur, but this one came out nice.

My 4 year old daughter, who is obsessed with Tink, was so excited to se her. But then after she "flew" by, she said that she was surprised at how big tink was. Then said "now that I think of it, Chip and Dale were really big, too....huh...weird!" LOL
    My hubby told her that Tink must have used some special Disney Magic to make herself bigger so that everyone could see her better.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    ~ Val ~

Quote Originally Posted by pezheadval
    My 4 year old daughter, who is obsessed with Tink, was so excited to se her. But then after she "flew" by, she said that she was surprised at how big tink was. Then said "now that I think of it, Chip and Dale were really big, too....huh...weird!" LOL
    My hubby told her that Tink must have used some special Disney Magic to make herself bigger so that everyone could see her better.

that's cute, and quick thinking by your man!

once I was in ToT's queue and had on my Mickey gloves due to the winter chill in the air. Well a kid in the line sat and looked at me, dazed and confused. By the time I laughed and looked at the mom, she was already explaining I was Mickey, and that I took off my "head" for awhile!

wtg lady

I'm suprised the kid didn't freak out and kick me in the face which I didn't stick around to see.. cause ToT ain't no joke.

Disneynut57 is offline Fastpass Holder

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    that's cute, and quick thinking by your man!

once I was in ToT's queue and had on my Mickey gloves due to the winter chill in the air. Well a kid in the line sat and looked at me, dazed and confused. By the time I laughed and looked at the mom, she was already explaining I was Mickey, and that I took off my "head" for awhile!

wtg lady

I'm suprised the kid didn't freak out and kick me in the face which I didn't stick around to see.. cause ToT ain't no joke.
    YEPPEEE!!!! I always woundered what Mickey looked like with his head off LOL maybe it was better before I had this pic in my head JK!

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa
    By the time I laughed and looked at the mom, she was already explaining I was Mickey, and that I took off my "head" for awhile!

wtg lady

Poo. What kind of parent would let their kid know that Mickey can "take off his head?" She probably doesn't let them beleive in Santa either.....
    Selena

dzney4lyf is offline i come with a warning
    There's no Santa?????

Quote Originally Posted by dzney4lyf
    There's no Santa?????
    Of course there is, silly!!!! But if parents tell their kids he's not real....he won't come.....
    Selena

MommytoMJM is offline DisneyWorldTrivia Mod - Living Disney as a Lifestyle
    LA LA LA LA LA (Sticking fingers in ears and not listening) They are to real, they are to real, they are to real (she says as she clicks her heels together!)
    Bonny June, Homeschooler, Webmaster and SNK/Adoption Advocate~~Marjorie June Mailani Adopted SNK, Disney Fanatic, Joyous, Cheerful, Incredible Kid~~Andrew, Cast Member, Disney Reservations Center~~Heart Mom to Cody (adoption loss 10-00)
    (linkie fixed...heh heh, thanks Val!)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast