Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Tinkerbell in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; Does anyone know if there is only one girl who takes the flight each night or are there several?...
    lovetink is offline A-Ticket holder

Tinkerbell

Does anyone know if there is only one girl who takes the flight each night or are there several?

Quote Originally Posted by lovetink
    Does anyone know if there is only one girl who takes the flight each night or are there several?

I cannot imagine that it is only one person who always does it...and actually I have heard rumors that men have actually "been Tinkerbell" during the flight before. Don't like Disney Magic being messed with and that's not too magical for me!

becca0010 is offline A-Ticket holder
    When I took the Key to the Kingdom tour the guide told us that often it is a male being Tinkerbell, referred to as Tinkerbill.

disneydame2004 is offline Celebrate Everyday!
    My Keys to the Kingdom guide didn't mention gender, but he did say Tink gets paid for an 8-hour day just for making that one flight a night.
    -Pat (Disneydame2004)
    Dream Team Auction Coordinator

Help make a child smile! Dream Team Project Firstgiving Page

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    My Keys to the Kingdom Guide mentioned there are at least 2 Tinkerbells played by (petite!) women and they must weigh between 105 and 115 pounds. Too light they won't make the flight and get stuck, too heavy they'll crash and knock over the guys catching them...ouch! There are men with a mattress who catch her each night and as well as men who "give her the boot" out of the Castle. She never mentioned any men playing the role of Tinkerbell herself. Our guide also stated Tinkerbell has full face make-up and wig on....I guess in case you might actually catch a glimpse of her face?

So what has everyone else been told about Tinkerbell and her flight?
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

peterpan1106 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I've heard that "Tink" is the highest paid performer in the park -- since s/he gets paid a full eight hours for her short flight. My daughter asked about the part, since she qualifies in the height and weight department -- they told her that it is often played by a man.
    Back to Disney for Super Soap Weekend!

Melrose1330 is offline A-Ticket holder
    I would love to play Tink. I am a little underweight though. I wonder what other requirements are required for this job.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    What does Tinkerbell do exactly? I've never seen that. Sorry, I believe in WDW magic and all, but having a man play the role of Tinkerbell is just depending too much on magic!
    Izzy

Quote Originally Posted by Melrose1330
    I would love to play Tink. I am a little underweight though. I wonder what other requirements are required for this job.
    I would suspect not having a fear of heights would be necessary!
    Amanda

Quote Originally Posted by BelleGurl
    What does Tinkerbell do exactly? I've never seen that. Sorry, I believe in WDW magic and all, but having a man play the role of Tinkerbell is just depending too much on magic!
    She flies of course! All it takes it faith and trust....oh and something I forgot...dust!

Have you ever noticed the line going from the top of the Cinderella's Castle down to the Tomorrowland/Main Street area? Right before the fireworks, Tinkerbell uses that line to "fly." During MNSSHP*, Tinkebell is replaced by a witch. I have never seen Tinkerbell (never bother to look for her) fly, but I have seen the witch.

* Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
    Amanda

rosworms is offline The Harry Potter fandom's little Disney Freak
    I want that job.... it'd be so awesome.
    Disney Trips
    May 1994- WDW (off property)
    May 1997- WDW (off property)
    March 2001- WDW (off property)
    May 2006- Disneyland (off property)
    September 2010- WDW (POFQ)
    October 2012 - Wedding and Honeymoon! - WDW (POR)

Jiminy Cricket is offline Ultimate Park "Hopper"
    1,015; 2 miles from WDW in Central Indiana; Windermere FL
    Tinkerbell played by a man!!! Say it ain't so!!! What is this world coming to?
    Lord High Keeper of the Knowledge of Right and Wrong, Counselor in Moments of Temptation, and Guide along the Straight and Narrow Path and Oldest Active DWT/WDW Radio Member

DL: 1955* (1); WDW: 1977* (2), 1980* (2), 1985* (3), 1989* (3), 1996 (ASMu-3), 1999 (ASMo-3), 2000 (ASMu-2/PO-2), 2001 (ASMu-5), 2002 (ASMu-5), 2003 (ASMo-5), 2004* (8), 2004 (ASMo-8), 2005 (PC-10), 2006* (15), 2007* (20), 2008* (22), 2009* (26), 2010* (27), 2011* (32), 2012* (39), 2013* (36), 2013* (15), 2013* (9), 2013* (13), 2014* (40) Total Trips/Days = 26/353

*Off Property

olmec26 is offline Created by Mark Burnett
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    Our guide also stated Tinkerbell has full face make-up and wig on....I guess in case you might actually catch a glimpse of her face?
    Yep, that's why. I was walking from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland to catch Wishes, and Tink flew right over us! We saw her...I mean his...face and all!
    -Taylor

Por favor mantanganse alijado de las puertas.

BelleGurl is offline LETS BRING IN 2006!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandabella
    She flies of course! All it takes it faith and trust....oh and something I forgot...dust!

Have you ever noticed the line going from the top of the Cinderella's Castle down to the Tomorrowland/Main Street area? Right before the fireworks, Tinkerbell uses that line to "fly." During MNSSHP*, Tinkebell is replaced by a witch. I have never seen Tinkerbell (never bother to look for her) fly, but I have seen the witch.

* Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party
    ohhhhh...thanks!
    Izzy

egran125 is offline C-Ticket Holder
    It doesn't bother me that its a man at all. I always thought it was like a little ball of light or something... that just glided along the wire... but I was a stupid little kid. I think its cool that it could be a man. I dunno why. It's interesting though.
    ./.// / Eric /. / /

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast