Your Walt Disney World Information Station
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Secrets of WDW Discuss Keys to the Kingdom tour in the Trivia and Games Forums forums; From the perspective of someone who can't experience it yet (Four more years!) I suggest taking it because it would be a really interesting experience, and would most likely enlighten ...
    HiddenMick is offline C-Ticket Holder
    From the perspective of someone who can't experience it yet (Four more years!) I suggest taking it because it would be a really interesting experience, and would most likely enlighten your trip rather then ruin it. Like someone else said earlier, you dont see alot of the back-stage stuff (I have family who've taken it.) it's more of the Trivia type stuff you learn on this site.
    Can't run away from Trouble, ain't no place that far.

DisneyorBust is offline C-Ticket Holder

Question

My wife and I will be going on this tour in October and we are very excited to experience it. I have a question or two for those who have been on this tour: approx. how many people are on this tour? Also, how well do the headsets perform?
    Off site January 2001
    Off site September 2002
    Polynesian December 2003
    Polynesian November 2004
    Polynesian December 2005
    Polynesian/Grand Floridian October 2006
    Poly December 2007
    CBR Sept 2008
    Poly 11/08 Anniversary trip
    Coronado Springs 3/09
    Poly 9/09
    Poly 2/10
    Poly 9/10

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyorBust View Post
    My wife and I will be going on this tour in October and we are very excited to experience it. I have a question or two for those who have been on this tour: approx. how many people are on this tour? Also, how well do the headsets perform?
    Maybe post this over at the "Ask the Experts" forum? I'm not sure of the answer to either.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    I want to say there were less than 20 in the group.

disney_freak is offline is supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious
    we had less then 20 people in our group.

and as for the headsets... you test them before you head out.

but beware of when the tour guide turns off there mic. talk about OUCH!!

ours kept forgeting to tell us so we all screamed.
    Faith is my name, disney is my...obsession

Since Pluto is no longer a planet. I think Mickey should be the new one.

disneycrazy1956 is offline Fastpass Holder
    we didn't have headsets. what are they for? we had 12 people on our tour.
    "I just want it to look like nothing else in the world... and it should be surrounded by a train" -Walt Disney.
    90 CB, 92 DI, 94 CR, 97 FWC, 99 CS, 00 CS, 02 CS, 04 POR, 05 POR, 07 POR, 08 POFQ, 09 POR, 11 POR.

SnwhtNdwrfs is offline Dancing with the dwarfs!
    Being entertained by the voices in my head
    Our guide had a mike and we all had headphone so we could hear what he had to say. They worked over all but I did have some difficulty hearing occassionally.

MandaBella is offline "She who must be loved."
    We didn't have headsets either for our Keys to the Kingdom tour. We did gets headsets for the Walking in Walt's Footsteps tour.
    Amanda
    always plotting, planning, and looking forward to our next adventure...

we got headsets cause we did the tour when the park JUST opened (yeah that early)

so we needed to hear over the screaming people.

I think now all the tours have headsets.

BamaJenn is offline Disnerd
    Quote Originally Posted by disney_freak View Post
    we got headsets cause we did the tour when the park JUST opened (yeah that early)
    Actually, technically, that means you did the tour not early, but "on time". It's only done three times a day and all are right before or after park opening.
    Sometimes all you need is a reminder that out there lies a better place... a better world... a Walt Disney World.
    Visited In: 1983, 1988, 1989 x2, 1991, 1992, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 (passholder), 2007 (x2 x3), 2008, 2009 (x2), 2010, 2011 (x2)
    “Detail is there to make you believe in the reality of the story you’re immersed in.” - Joe Rohde
    Avatar Image Used with Permission from °O°Joe

we were the 2nd group of the day.

Stitch's buddy is offline Hakuna Matata
    we had headset and i was glad i had an earinfection in one ear and was for the most part deaf in one during the trip, i had trouble keeping the headset on my ear though. DId anyone else have that problem?

I FINISHED my first ever race, ToT 13Kand running it again in '09

** Please, Please excuse my grammatical and spelling errors. Correct me if I'm wrong.**

it was hard to get on at first... but once everyone in the group got it on, it stayed (as far as I know)

Serkazong is offline Keep to the code.
    Headsets worked well when I went in May (surprise from my wife). My battery died about 2-1/2 hours in and the guide pulled out a replacement on the spot. The day I went, MK opened @ 9am and my tour was 9:05. I arrived early to check in- about 8:30am and was given my "credentials". I waited for a few minutes in the garden outside of City Hall when one of the guides walked over to me and asked if I had planned to "just sit there all morning". I kind of thought I was supposed to keep pretty close to the tour office because the park hadn't opened yet. When I mentioned this, she said "as long as you are back here by 9am, you can go wherever you like...enjoy!" It was really neat to walk around the MK for 30 minutes with no one else around besides cast members getting ready for opening. It surprised my how much extra detail I noticed on Main Street and how clean everything really was.

nospinguy is offline A-Ticket holder
    The Keys to the Kingdom tour is great. I have not been on it since July of 2001, but have been told by a MK CM that the tour changed fairly extensively after 9/11 with not as much time spent in the Utilidors, and on top of that the parts of the Utilidors seen have changed to [my assumption] areas where less damage could be inflicted by a possible evil-doer. I know I got to go up to and look through the door of the main computer operations system (I am completely forgetting the acronym and name for this!!!..is it DACS?) where all Audio-Animatronics in park are controlled...would be surprised if that is still included.

I was assured however that the tour is still well worth it. We were treated to a private lunch upstairs at the Columbia Harbour House with our guide, which was a nice peaceful change of pace from the hustle and bustle of the park.

One of the best parts of the tour is seeing the looks on people's faces when you suddenly emerge from "nowhere" through a door to a stairwell to the Utilidor!

We were SO fortunate...we were the only two people on the tour, but that RARELY happens, so good luck! It was awesome being able to have the guide to ourselves for our endless questions.

I know you'll enjoy it!
    Come see me at www.wdwblog.com!

Most Recent Trip:
    3/7 - 3/15 '09

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast